Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's definitely something I need to send straight to Darren,but I need the other site's name.

Any particular thread triggering this,or is it randomised and/or when an ad shows?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      That's definitely something I need to send straight to Darren,but I need the other site's name.

Any particular thread triggering this,or is it randomised and/or when an ad shows?
      The mobile version of this site was doing that last December. (I think I commented about it then) Would get an ad that wouldn't be dismissed that sent me to a site claiming to be google asking for personal info.

Since Apple doesn't allow ad / script blocking extensions to Firefox, I just stopped trying to use this site on the phone.

Comment

It is redirecting to Telstra, but not their official site. I'll keep an eye on it.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          It is redirecting to Telstra, but not their official site. I'll keep an eye on it.
          No issues so far today, so fingers crossed it's all good.
          sigpic

Comment

I have noticed that if I edit my post on my tablet (Samsung Tablet S with Android 6.0.1.) then the forum motor will automatically delete it after saving the changes then it even shows some system error. I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but it is going on for months now. Thank you.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Gatefan: could have been a browser hijacking attempt or someone trying to hack Telstra users.
              So far,none of those has been tracked down to an ad on here,but there's always a first time for everything.
              If you run malwarebytes or a similar programme,it will pick up anything your normal security missed if this happens again.

Platschu:
              Can you give me a link or two to thread pages where you've had this happen,and the number of the error code if possible?
              If you need anything restored or sent to you,and the posts weren't eaten by the forum or your phone browser glitches,that won't be a problem.

Comment

It wasn't an ad baggie, it was a automatic redirect from GW to that site. A few days later it was on the news that there was a recent flood of phishing scams, mostly targeted at utilities such as Telstra. I was passing it on because GW was the only site where it happened. Has not happened again, so looks like it was a short attack, if that's what it was.
                sigpic

Comment

I was going through a saved session with Session Buddy, a Chrome extension, I had on Gateworld posts to edit to X out the ones I did and AVG secured this threat. I just thought Darren and the mods would want to know about it.

HappenedOnGateWorld1.JPG

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    It wasn't an ad baggie, it was a automatic redirect from GW to that site. A few days later it was on the news that there was a recent flood of phishing scams, mostly targeted at utilities such as Telstra. I was passing it on because GW was the only site where it happened. Has not happened again, so looks like it was a short attack, if that's what it was.
                    Still nothing?
                    Looks like your comp security firewalls and GW's have locked it out or they got blacklisted.

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    I was going through a saved session with Session Buddy, a Chrome extension, I had on Gateworld posts to edit to X out the ones I did and AVG secured this threat. I just thought Darren and the mods would want to know about it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43145[/ATTACH]
                    Passed this on to Darren.
                    In the meantime,have you filed a ticket/complaint with Chrome Help?
                    If there are holes in that app's security or anything trying to hack into hugedomains,they'll need to know.

Comment

Passed this on to Darren.
                      In the meantime,have you filed a ticket/complaint with Chrome Help?
                      If there are holes in that app's security or anything trying to hack into hugedomains,they'll need to know.
                      No, but I could probably make a post in Google Chrome Help Community.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Go for it!

Comment

Thanks for the report(s). On the whole we have much fewer problems with bad actors slipping into the ad system since we switched over to Playwire in 2018. However they do still fall back on things like Google Adsense from time to time, and those large suppliers do not have the same strict standards of enforcement.

The result is that these can be very tricky to track down if and when they do make it into rotation. Ads are usually geo-targeted, so someone outside your country or region isn't likely to see what you see.

The best way to help us track and eliminate bad actors is, if it's all possible, start screen-capturing everything. Ideally the ad itself, but also the page it takes you to (including the URL at the top of your browser). Send these to me at webmaster -at gateworld.net #dot#net, and I can investigate and consider sending it up the chain to our ad company. (They want to find and eliminate bad actors from their service as much as we do!)

Thanks!

~Darren

Comment

Still nothing?
                            Looks like your comp security firewalls and GW's have locked it out or they got blacklisted.
                            Still nothing
                            sigpic

Comment

That's good to know!

Comment

Is there a thread where people post screenshots of certain eps?
                                I'm looking for a larger size pic and can't find it through google.John and Rodney.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X