Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awhile back i commented on how the episode by episode posting set up was a bit vague

what i mean

oh..never mind, i have no idea how to post a screen shot here

i'll describe-- on forum home page on right side under 'newest threads'

i see today 'prior criminal history' "ep 202"

ok,,, but of WHAT show?

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
      will we now be able to post things like videos and pics directly into a post? here's to hope!
      You can already do that... encapsulating the links for video's in the video-tag will post the clip directly into your post. See the "What music are you listening to?"-thread in off-topic.

However, it should be noted that it's murder on anyone with a slower or spotty internet connection -- and yes, those do still exist.

Images can be posted to... see below:
      BB-8.png
      (from My Computer @ work)
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I hope the upgrade doesn't stop us.........

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
          LOL! Love it!

Comment

Thanks for your questions and your excitement about the upgrade, everyone! Greg and I are beating down the gremlins right now (and let me tell you, that man is a Wizard. We're talking Gandalf the Gray facing down a Balrog).

Time table: We are planning to roll out everything to you here next week.

Avatars: I am attempting to preserve the 150x150 avatar standard, or perhaps nudge it up a bit to 160x160. Infuriatingly, vBulletin in its wisdom has opted to hard-code avatars to 64x64 (because it's 2003, apparently) and not offer their customers easy options to resize. So I am working on this problem over the weekend.

Thread Titles: I know that when we add a new episode thread for a currently airing show into its folder, that gets linked across the forum (including the home page) in a way that obscures what show it's for. I'm thinking about ways I might improve the user experience here, but I hesitate to add the show title to every thread title. They're really meant for eyes that have navigated into that show's season folders. But I'm open to ideas!

After the rollout we'll take your bug reports, change requests, questions, and fawning praise here:

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ftware-Upgrade!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              Thanks for your questions and your excitement about the upgrade, everyone! Greg and I are beating down the gremlins right now (and let me tell you, that man is a Wizard. We're talking Gandalf the Gray facing down a Balrog).

Time table: We are planning to roll out everything to you here next week.

Avatars: I am attempting to preserve the 150x150 avatar standard, or perhaps nudge it up a bit to 160x160. Infuriatingly, vBulletin in its wisdom has opted to hard-code avatars to 64x64 (because it's 2003, apparently) and not offer their customers easy options to resize. So I am working on this problem over the weekend.

Thread Titles: I know that when we add a new episode thread for a currently airing show into its folder, that gets linked across the forum (including the home page) in a way that obscures what show it's for. I'm thinking about ways I might improve the user experience here, but I hesitate to add the show title to every thread title. They're really meant for eyes that have navigated into that show's season folders. But I'm open to ideas!

After the rollout we'll take your bug reports, change requests, questions, and fawning praise here:

https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...ftware-Upgrade!
              Thank you for the update, looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                You can already do that... encapsulating the links for video's in the video-tag will post the clip directly into your post. See the "What music are you listening to?"-thread in off-topic.

However, it should be noted that it's murder on anyone with a slower or spotty internet connection -- and yes, those do still exist.

Images can be posted to... see below:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]43196[/ATTACH]
                (from My Computer @ work)
                ok.. but thats several steps.. in other forums xenforo based. i can copy a pic or video link and paste it straight in without using the 'post a video" link

its a smooth 'click,copy,paste'

its ok, though,, just a question- thanks

Comment

awhile back i commented on how the episode by episode posting set up was a bit vague

what i mean

oh..never mind, i have no idea how to post a screen shot here

i'll describe-- on forum home page on right side under 'newest threads'

i see today 'prior criminal history' "ep 202"

ok,,, but of WHAT show?
                  idk if was part of the upgrade or my post here, but thanks.. today i see under "new threads" actual show titles and ep numbers!!! super cool ex: wandavision episode #

Comment

ok.. but thats several steps.. in other forums xenforo based. i can copy a pic or video link and paste it straight in without using the 'post a video" link

its a smooth 'click,copy,paste'

its ok, though,, just a question- thanks
                    Oh... mmm... I can see why that would be far more interesting.

Comment

Xenforo is a system Magi and I are both very familiar with. It is a very good system for running a forum.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Our new ETA for the forum upgrade is this coming Monday, February 1. The forum will show the "Offline" message during the update, which hopefully won't take long.

Welcome to vBulletin 5! Check this thread for more info, and to post questions, bugs, and requests for the new forum.
                        Last edited by Darren; 01 February 2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Can anyone tell me why my posts need to be approved suddenly?
                          I'd really like to know what I have done so I am on moderation
                          Have not gotten any warning or anything....

Comment

Hi there! You aren't on Mod.
                            All I can do is apologise profusely for the disruption,because it seems all posts are suddenly going via moderation...and get everyone's posts through as quickly as possible.

Already e-mailed Darren ,so hopefully this will stop being a problem asap once he and Greg can get in and take a look.

The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              ...so hopefully this will stop being a problem asap once he and Greg can get in and take a look.
                              Damn should have posted more... ...make you sweat a little. Earn your keep!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Damn should have posted more... ...make you sweat a little. Earn your keep!
                                Lemming being a stinker.... who'd thunk ?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X