X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes but im not that clever!

Comment

The gateworld site has 105!!!!
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I thought avs were only linked to post count
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

You're right, my bad on the name. When you get to a certain level of post counts, you can unlock certain avatars and post counts in Off Topic don't count for you, but only against you in terms of negative rep.

Thanks Q.
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Hey,

Not sure this is really a mod thing so much as an admin decision, but I dont see anywhere else to put it

Any chance we'll ever see a Buffy forum in the alternate universes category? I think it could be a good addition, if your worried about not enough activity perhaps you could make it Buffy and Angel, two shows in one folder....that way they'll always be something to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
              Any chance we'll ever see a Buffy forum in the alternate universes category? I think it could be a good addition, if your worried about not enough activity perhaps you could make it Buffy and Angel, two shows in one folder....that way they'll always be something to discuss.
              I'm not a mod/admin, but I can guess what Darren would say about it.

1. Neither show is currently in production.
              2. There aren't enough active discussions to warrant it.

Originally posted by Darren
              My inclination is to only create dedicated forums for those shows that are still in active production (including Firefly, since it has a big movie coming out this month). As much as I think series like B5 and Farscape are some of the best genre TV ever produced, the number of threads for them right now reflects that there isn't a ton to actively talk about.

Comment

What about after the firefly movie - what if it just ends there
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I'm not a mod/admin, but I can guess what Darren would say about it.

1. Neither show is currently in production.
                  2. There aren't enough active discussions to warrant it.
                  Then why not a praent folder entitled 'Old Shows' and have sub folders for B5, FS, BTVS etc

Comment

Whats the difference - it still wouldnt be used much
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                      Then why not a praent folder entitled 'Old Shows' and have sub folders for B5, FS, BTVS etc
                      Because, as I said (and Darren said): there aren't enough active threads to warrant it. "Old Shows" is basically what the Scifi/Fantasy folder is, now. It's a bit hair-splitting to go and create ANOTHER folder to fill basically the same purpose.

Comment

Okay fair enough. Though I think the main problem is starting threads. If somebody started threads on old eps they'd be pretty active.

*runs off to start some buffy threads

Comment

Yep, discussion threads for series would be better
                          love Torri

Comment

I've hit 801 posts, now where the heck are my new set of avatars? Ignore that question, I have the extra avatars now

I go to the Forum leaders page and I'm confused about the grouping, please explain it to me. And why am I in the Enlisted Personnel group and not in the Officer's Class group?
                            Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 26 September 2005, 04:02 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

we're trying to walk a fine line between too little and too much. There have been other forums that have tried to cover every single show out there....and have been so fragmented that there's not much discussion...hence less of a division here

now, if some shows generate a lot of discussion and prove that they can maintain a level of activity, then it will be easier to make a case for more separate folders
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You forgot to answer my question:

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                                I go to the Forum leaders page and I'm confused about the grouping, please explain it to me. And why am I in the Enlisted Personnel group and not in the Officer's Class group?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X