Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@FH.....it was about 6:00am Phoenix time when I checked. I was going to update the Gatecon convention link

Comment

Hi, gracious moderators. When you view the main forum page, tiny stargate images are supposed to display adjacent to a series' seasons to indicate whether new, unread posts are present. The images don't load in my browser (error 404):

https://www.gateworld.net/graphics/f...rum_new-48.png
      https://www.gateworld.net/graphics/f...rum_old-48.png

I asked other members if they had this problem. Jelgate and pookey did. Could someone who's proficient with the technical side of the website look into it?

Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mod Team. I don't want to worry you or anything but GW's clock seems to now be a full minute behind my computer clock. I just want to let you know well in advance as something to keep your eye on (or maybe even fix sooner rather than later?) before it slips back 5-minutes like last time.

And to quote Brother Freyr's post above mine because I'd hate for it to be missed by you.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
        Hi, gracious moderators. When you view the main forum page, tiny stargate images are supposed to display adjacent to a series' seasons to indicate whether new, unread posts are present. The images don't load in my browser (error 404):

https://www.gateworld.net/graphics/f...rum_new-48.png
        https://www.gateworld.net/graphics/f...rum_old-48.png

I asked other members if they had this problem. Jelgate and pookey did. Could someone who's proficient with the technical side of the website look into it?

Thank you

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Has the GW server been being DDoS/attacked the last couple of days? I keep getting "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." errors.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yep. I was guessing too that the server must be attacked by hackers or spamkers. Not to mention that I had a bad feeling what if we lose our forum like on the SG app.

Other. Could the "SGU" wording changed to "Universe" on the main page of the GateWorld? It looks weird next to SG-1 and Atlantis. Thanks.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Yep. I was guessing too that the server must be attacked by hackers or spamkers. Not to mention that I had a bad feeling what if we lose our forum like on the SG app.
              Oh my goddess, that would be a sad day...

Also, server busy messages yesterday afternoon -- approx. 1400h (GMT+1)
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I've been getting the "server busy" errors too. I expect the server is getting attacked.

Comment

There may have been issues, but Greg is handling it/has handled it
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Still happening as of...when I try to post this. So, ongoing/not resolved yet
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

1475456192265.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        There may have been issues, but Greg is handling it/has handled it
                        And in the meantime, I'm like.... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If any of the technical admins read this..

Was trying to reply with quote to https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14672700 this afternoon, and upon submit, I was sent to a Cloudfront Captcha page. I ticked off that I was not a robot, a redirect started, but never went anywhere.

I was able to recreate this with Firefox, Google Chrome and Chromium, under both Linux and Windows OS's. Disabled all ad/script blockers, no difference.

Seems to let me post normally, and reply to a thread so far, but there might be something wonky there.

Comment

On the plus side, I haven't had a 'server too busy' error all day.

Comment

Oh, I expect this is a result of trying to slam the door shut on attackers. But something may have went sideways with the fix. I just posted it to give them the info.

Comment

Hey, mods. Over in the Star Wars subforum -- Last Jedi is two years in the rearview mirror now, but the thread for it is still stickied. With Rise of Skywalker out in two months, could we get the TLJ one un-stuck, and the TRoS one stuck instead?

Comment

Working...
                                X