This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Imzadi

It basically means Firefox is being a pain in your mik'ta. An update should fix it.

If it doesn't, I suggest switching to a different browser, like Chrome which is a good alternative to Firefox. I use Chrome at work (yes, I'm at work right now) and Firefox at home and have no issues. Firefox updated a few days ago so perhaps that might fix your problem.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
      I've got a question for the mods here. I've been using Firefox for years now to get into the forums, but just tonight (Mon.), Firefox wouldn't let me in. It said,

"Your connection is not secure!

The owner of forum.gateworld.net has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

What does this all mean, and how can I fix it, if at all? I had to use IE to get in, and it even said there was trouble with security. Thanks in advance for helping!
      Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
      I had the same problem but in Chrome. I had to update Chrome, went to about section and checked, to get it to be fixed. This did happen to me one other time, sometime last year, but it must have gotten fixed when Chrome automatically did its update.
      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      @Imzadi

It basically means Firefox is being a pain in your mik'ta. An update should fix it.

If it doesn't, I suggest switching to a different browser, like Chrome which is a good alternative to Firefox. I use Chrome at work (yes, I'm at work right now) and Firefox at home and have no issues. Firefox updated a few days ago so perhaps that might fix your problem.
      I had the same issue as well today with normal internet exploder for about 12 hours.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I have a similar problem, ever since GW got that nice banner, Chrome and firefox both tell me that the site is not fully secure
        If going on with Chrome I see that it blocks a script and when checking out why, it says this site tries to load scrips from not validated sources

Comment

I just got logged out a few days ago, i got back in no trouble, but i think my security has blocked the header, as it is blank there now, so all is ok
          sigpic

Comment

I just updated my Firefox, but no go. Even IE says it's vulnerable. What now?
            Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
            (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

The padlock for secure site is missing even with Microsoft Edge. Get unsecure message with Firefox.

Comment

Apparently yesterday the automatic updater for https didn't go through, so Greg fixed it.

I'm seeing the padlock as this: https icon view..JPG so I've mailed for assistance.

Other probs with browser views: check you're all on the latest versions of your OS and browser,and also Windows Updates.Clashes in those settings,add-ons,plug-ins,apps or outdated security tends to be the main cause of problems accessing the forums etc .

Not sure what some of you mean by the "banner" in the header ,so can you explain or post a cap please.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Okay, either my browser at work and at home is up-to-date like you have no idea, or I really do have the best security installed.

No issues here.
                  Chrome at work, Firefox at home -- both equipped with an addblock though, and anti-virus/malware/spyware protected.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Cool! I'm ok too,though I spent ages on letting Windows Updater twice reload their host of tweaks today.

Hopefully Darren/Greg can check things out asap and that may sort the others' issues.
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Baggie you are back! *hugs*

But, i also still have connection is not entirely secure, it is after the forum got it's new header, I blocked the image and the text that says Gateworld both just to try and still, the same

Never got any virus or anything from here though, not that, and no red warning popups, just the info that I should consider not to share any relevant data with the site

As an info I use the latest version of Chrome and my virus-protection has up to date virus info. it also says the security certificate is valid, which I have my browser as well as my antivirus-program checking always.

I would take a screen but that would not help much

Comment

Thanks for help troubleshooting the site security error, everyone. I've looked into this further and I think I've found the culprit. My (Chrome) browser's green security lock is back.

Let me know if problems persist or resurface.

~Darren

Comment

Padlock has returned. Thanks Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
                            Thanks for help troubleshooting the site security error, everyone. I've looked into this further and I think I've found the culprit. My (Chrome) browser's green security lock is back.

Let me know if problems persist or resurface.

~Darren
                            Same here, safe now again, thank you much for fixing that so quick

Comment

Yes, thank you for fixing it so quickly. I had no trouble getting in with my Firefox tonight, and I had updated it last night. Great job folks!
                              Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                              (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

There's this annoying Tayota Camry pop up add that keeps playing. It plays video and sound and pops up on the lower right corner. I can't immediately close it because the "x" to close doesn't appear until a few seconds into the add. It pops each time I go to any given page/thread. It's rather annoying....
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X