Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My suggestion would be to use an ad blocker like adblock plus or something, you could set it so that it does not block ads that are not annoying like the one you describe

Comment

My issue is not with the forum, but I was looking for the episode transcripts at the main site and they don't seem to be there - at least not on my phone.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        My issue is not with the forum, but I was looking for the episode transcripts at the main site and they don't seem to be there - at least not on my phone.
        I find some can be found with the episodes, but not with SG-1 season 2 (they probably don't exist).
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I find some can be found with the episodes, but not with SG-1 season 2 (they probably don't exist).
          Well, it's working on my laptop, not my phone. Who knows. Thanks!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...wo_Transcripts

I found it to be a good wiki but it's still a wiki so take it with a grain of salt
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              There's this annoying Tayota Camry pop up add that keeps playing. It plays video and sound and pops up on the lower right corner. I can't immediately close it because the "x" to close doesn't appear until a few seconds into the add. It pops each time I go to any given page/thread. It's rather annoying....
              If you're reading or posting in a tread where cars are under discussion,the keywords will kick off the car ads.
              Does the ad cover the control buttons when it appears?
              If it keeps coming up can you screencap it or get at the ad details? (See next reply too.)

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
              My suggestion would be to use an ad blocker like adblock plus or something, you could set it so that it does not block ads that are not annoying like the one you describe
              That's a possible work round for Tood.All ads are activated by the ad providers via keyword,local publicity campaigns ,that kind of thing.

The fewer ads we "see" and let run,for impressions/click-throughs - the lower the revenues to keep the sites/forums running.
              Blocking a single *really* annoying ad won't hurt though,because there will always be other ads in the rotations fed through by the ad providers.
              Darren can't choose ads,but he can have the really bad ones blocked at source if he can send the codes /details.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              The full transcripts aren't available for every episode.I think some may have been deleted in data glitches,or it may just be that they were never completed,or Darren decided to feature the analyses,caps etc.

Go to the Individual ep titles for each show and see which ones are available Example: SG-1 S1
              (Hopefully it won't devour your phone's memory or allowance!)

(To all: use jel's suggestion to go to the other site ,OR should anyone want to volunteer,I bet Darren would very interested in having the missing eps transcribed,or have other help with features.Let him know or send your inquiries via the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address.)
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Minor organizational thought:

The Doctor Who subforums have gotten...unwieldy. With 10 seasons/folders (plus the inexplicably separated "Specials" folder) we're up to 11 that you have to scroll past before getting to the non-episode threads, and presumably a twelfth will be coming later this year.

Perhaps it would be better, at this point, to condense that down to Doctors? IE: One folder called "Ninth Doctor Episodes," containing all the individual episode threads for the Chris Eccelston era, "Tenth Doctor Episodes," containing (you can figure out I'm sure), etc. That would cut the number of subfolders by more than half, while still making organizational sense.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Dear mods, since so many fans are blocked from watching Stargate Origins, will there be a reminder of spoilers when it starts streaming?

I'd really hate to block people over this.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Minor organizational thought:

The Doctor Who subforums have gotten...unwieldy. With 10 seasons/folders (plus the inexplicably separated "Specials" folder) we're up to 11 that you have to scroll past before getting to the non-episode threads, and presumably a twelfth will be coming later this year.

Perhaps it would be better, at this point, to condense that down to Doctors? IE: One folder called "Ninth Doctor Episodes," containing all the individual episode threads for the Chris Eccelston era, "Tenth Doctor Episodes," containing (you can figure out I'm sure), etc. That would cut the number of subfolders by more than half, while still making organizational sense.
                    Thank you for the suggestion.It may or not be practical,though the decision on all folders/subfolders is Darren's,not down to the Mods.

The DW section only has 68 pages of general or specific threads and many topics cover more than one or two of the Doctors' "times." That makes it a long task to go through the vaguer titles and multi-topics.
                    So far,Darren hasn't split the section or moved around the threads,but that could change later this year.
                    On the other hand,searching through that section for specific topics shouldn't take long,even for new members.

The Specials are where they are (link)to leave room for the Seasons to go up in the most recent order top to bottom,36-27 so far ,if I remember correctly.

Comment

Just to add into that reply: if your actual suggestion was to split ALL threads including the Specials into Doctor-specific folders,the answer probably covered that too,for now.

Comment

Dear mods, since so many fans are blocked from watching Stargate Origins, will there be a reminder of spoilers when it starts streaming?

I'd really hate to block people over this.
                        Yes.
                        As a rule of thumb,if anyone reads the threads *about* SGO topics and GW news articles,then spoilers will be present.
                        When any new Forum threads are created the title should NOT contain spoilers,because the threads will show up on the front page of the forum,sidebars of folders,and in searches for new posts.

In any other topic than SGO,spoilers need to be tagged in posts and not show in titles.
                        We reserve the right to modify titles and posts where necessary.Use the report feature to alert the Staff if we haven't spotted any untagged spoilers.

No bickering in threads folks.That just derails the topic and gives us more work to do!

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Baggie!

Comment

You're very welcome!

Comment

I just joined and misspelled my userid (argh!)

Please PM me help if possible...

Comment

Hi and welcome!

PM'd you.Notification for that message should be in your e-mail inbox.If it doesn't reach that box,check your spam folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X