Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apologies for deleting posts (those involved know who they are), but we are really trying to keep things in line in here - relevant questions only please, and let the mods answer, even if it takes a few hours. This is a bulletin board, not an instant messaging system

Battera - as for your game, well, as long as it is your own work and you are not impinge-ing on anyones copyrights, you are more than welcome to start a thread containing a link for said game. Hosting it directly on the site is Darren's call, you can contact him through his details in the "Forum Leaders" section. But to be honest, I don't think this is a road he wants to go down, but you can ask.

Comment

I REALLY feel stupid for asking this:

Where is the forum leaders section?
      You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Hey, I wanted to start an Alias thread somewhere, but I don't know where to put it; off topic chatter, other sci-fi...

Comment

I tried to get the answer for this in the members helping members thread but nobody had a satisfying answer.

What does mean when it is in your latest reputation received list?
          sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Could you please edit the title of my thread:

SG1 - Season Premieres: Newsday: In Showbiz
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30648

To:

SG1/SGA - Season Premieres: From Various Sources

Thank you muchly.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Could you please delete some of GateBuilders posts in the 9th chevron thread, or PM him? He has repeated a post 7 times each time quoting a different person!

Also, I know this might be impossible but I accidently greened him instead of redding him, could you possibly change that? please
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Battera
                I REALLY feel stupid for asking this:

Where is the forum leaders section?
                We no longer list the *membership* due to the size of it...but
                someone was gracious enough to provide a link for us to give you for what we do list
                Forum Leaders
                its the Admins, the Moderators and the Stargate Horizon Moderators
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
                  Hey, I wanted to start an Alias thread somewhere, but I don't know where to put it; off topic chatter, other sci-fi...
                  If you have done a *Forum Search* and not found any threads regarding this Show it would probably be in *Off-Topic* because due to my knowledge of the show it has no *Sci-Fi* connections
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                    I tried to get the answer for this in the members helping members thread but nobody had a satisfying answer.

What does mean when it is in your latest reputation received list?
                    If you have received a dark grey box in your *Reputation points list* that means that the person giving you the Rep has not been with the Forum long enough to have any actual *Rep Power* and therefore they can leave you a message but no points.

Green = positive points
                    Red = negative point
                    Dark Grey = no points

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      Hello!

Could you please edit the title of my thread:

SG1 - Season Premieres: Newsday: In Showbiz
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=30648

To:

SG1/SGA - Season Premieres: From Various Sources

Thank you muchly.

Morjana
                      Various Mods have completed this

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                        Also, I know this might be impossible but I accidently greened him instead of redding him, could you possibly change that? please
                        Unfortunately no
                        Once you give the rep it stays, the only thing that we can edit is the message.

Comment

Ok guys

Just a few things.

If you wish for a name change, you can PM me and i'll consider the request. but this is NOT an open invite to have your user name changed. You always have and will continue to need a dang good reason and it is something that will only happen ONCE. I will not be changing user names every week for folks. It would literally be a full time job.

Your user name is your identity - just like your real name - and it should remain constant.

two, this thread is NOT for chatter. It is NOT the place to ask us to merge threads or change titles. Use the report post feature for that. This thread is meant to be a general policy question, why did you do this, type of thread. (although, please be aware, we do what we do for the reasons we do it. and we do not need to explain our every action to you. Tis life. Things are as they are.

as to 4400 getting its own area, like the other mod said, when - if - it shows enough interest it MIGHT get its own area. But we, as a policy, will not fragment the forum up with tons of sub forums.

As to shows like Alias, especially in this case since the show is over, it can exist in the 'general scifi' area.

So, if folks have any other questions pertaining to policy feel free to ask them here, if not, please let's keep this thread clear.

The report post feature is a wonderful perk to the VB system and really should be used more often
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Moderators?
                            (Hallowed are the moderators)

Could you delete this thread? It
                            doesn't appear to be catching the
                            enthusiam of many gateworld
                            members.

Thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

and we tend NOT to delete threads. if there is a lack of interest, the thread will fall off the front pages and fade away with all the other wall flowers

even 'bad' theads do not get deleted. we simply whisk them off to a top secret hiding place where they lurk for all eternity.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is there a hiccup causing folks to bounce to the GW main site or is there something funky with the comp I'm using.

I manually typed in the addy for the forum and wound up on the main site. I clicked on the forum link and got the forum page, but when I typed in my name and password, I got bounced to the main site again. Took a few tries before I could successfully log in.

Comment

Working...
                                X