• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy
    New
    Year
    M
    ods!!!!

Last edited by Alan; 31 December 2020, 03:17 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Happy
      New
      Year
      M
      ods!!!!

Yes, happy new year from me to you as well

Thanks for still bearing us

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Silly me, I could have found out what it was meant for. Thank you.
        Y'welcome,and I don't think you were silly at all to have it checked out!

Turned out it was all about that old feature so Darren's taken away the link and shelved it to save any further confusion.
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 January 2021, 01:04 AM. Reason: Typo!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
          thanks.. i just did the search again The Expanse and this is what i got

https://forum.gateworld.net/search.php?searchid=3192791
          All I see is a blurb "Sorry - no matches. Please go back and try some different terms."

Try "expanse" and "the expanse" in the tag search and see if that works better.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            Happy
            New
            Year
            M
            ods!!!!

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
            Yes, happy new year from me to you as well

Thanks for still bearing us
            Happy New Year (belatedly!) from us to you guys!

Hope 2021 goes better for everyone.

Comment

hi, there's something I wish to report to you

Earlier I got an error 502 could not get to the forum at all, now as I can get back, posts I already saw yesterday are marked as unread again. Else everything seems well so far

And thanks fore the wishes Baggie, better late than never

Comment

Just a general heads up to folks, there will be an upgrade of the forum software - hopefully later this week. The exact date and time is unknown.

But should you experience a sudden ‘it won’t work’ or the like within the next week or two that is probably it.

Hopefully this will address the 502 errors and other things.

ALso, there is a very good chance that the forum will roll back to the VB default layout and design. For those that don’t realize, there is a ton of customization that goes on behind the scenes, so it may take Darren a bit to get the furniture back where it was before so your patience is greatly appreciated.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Just a general heads up to folks, there will be an upgrade of the forum software - hopefully later this week. The exact date and time is unknown.

But should you experience a sudden ‘it won’t work’ or the like within the next week or two that is probably it.

ALso, there is a very good chance that the forum will roll back to the VB default layout and design. For those that don’t realize, there is a ton of customization that goes on behind the scenes, so it may take Darren a bit to get the furniture back where it was before so your patience is greatly appreciated.
                  That's good to know, thanks for the info, Sky

When you know what's going on it's no problem being patient, at least for me

Comment

I'm ready for an update.

Comment

I do have a question about the software upgrade. Does this mean that avatars may or may not retain the 150x150 dimensions they currently have after the upgrade?

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

No idea right now.I'd hold off on editing or resizing your avs till we find out how vb5 affects the forum features and customisations!

See thread: GateWorld Forum Software Upgrade!

Comment

Yeah, I read the thread this morning. I came back this afternoon and couldn't get on, so I thought you were updating. I am back now, and apparently you were not updating earlier.
                          Does anybody have a time-frame (ballpark type thing) to give us an idea of when we can expect disruptions?
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

No timeframe yet.

I think we're still hitting server glitches so that might be why you couldn't log in,and I couldn't get in to reply till now.

If all goes well,Greg will take the forums offline at some point in the next few days,and we might have a system message show on the page that may or may not give a guesstimate of when everything will be completed.

Comment

Baggie.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

YAY!! For software upgrade!!!

will we now be able to post things like videos and pics directly into a post? here's to hope!

Comment

Working...
                                X