(Moderator)

Default Re: Ask the Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by McKay's girl
    done

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarrior
    Like McKay's Girls, could these threads I've made regarding Merchandise, can they be moved into the Merchandise folder. Many Thanks in advance

Stargate: Official Magazine Thread

The Illustrated Companion: Seasons 7 and 8

Stargate Atlantis Official Companion

Stargate SG-1 2006 Calender (UK)
    done

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Drwho'srose
    What she said and the David Tennant Thunk thread to the Dr Who Forum too. Thanks.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=David+Tennant
    and done

Whoo go SkyDiver!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    done
    Thanks again

Posts in off-topic dont count so why does reputation?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Could I get the following threads stickied, please:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17818
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17234
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17021

I would do it myself if I had moderation capabilities over the roleplaying board but I don't so I have to ask. Thank you so much if you can sticky them.

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy Blue
    Could I get the following threads stickied, please:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17818
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17234
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17021

I would do it myself if I had moderation capabilities over the roleplaying board but I don't so I have to ask. Thank you so much if you can sticky them.
    done.

One thing to keep in mind when you stick threads, if you get too many, then your 'normal' conversations have less space to rotate on on the first page and you might have important threads constantly falling to page 2

that's one reason we do try to limit the number of stuck threads in the rest of the forum. I think we aim for 3 or less, but maybe up to 4 or 5, but no more than that.

or what you end up with is less showing on the first page, and as we all know, once topics drop to page 2, sometimes they get forgotten

They are important threads so I need to know that the players will see them. Only way to do that is to have em stickied.

One thing to keep in mind when you stick threads, if you get too many, then your 'normal' conversations have less space to rotate on on the first page and you might have important threads constantly falling to page 2

that's one reason we do try to limit the number of stuck threads in the rest of the forum. I think we aim for 3 or less, but maybe up to 4 or 5, but no more than that.

or what you end up with is less showing on the first page, and as we all know, once topics drop to page 2, sometimes they get forgotten
    Perhaps the RP'ers should change the settings for their board so more threads are shown on one page
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have. so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

(Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy Blue
    They are important threads so I need to know that the players will see them. Only way to do that is to have em stickied.
    true. i'm just saying that if you stick too many, it could become a problem is all.

that's how come we try to keep out stickies on the main part of the forum to a minimum

Omaha, Nebraska, USA, Earth, Solar, Milkway

Could the mods please start doing something about people starting threads about Science and Tech in the General Stargate Discussion area, it is very very annoying

Thanks

Question Re: Ask the Moderators

Will the visible reputation comments (the ones we can read in "My Controls") ever be set back up to 20 like it was before? Right now we can only view the last 15 rep comments.

Lieutenant Colonel Colonel Sharp's Avatar

done.

That would be a good idea but in 3 months when we have ton's of threads, it will take people with a slow internet connection to load the page

done.

Thanks Skydiver! I think that's all the stickies we need for now, there shouldn't be anymore for a while from what I can think of..

GateWorld Re: Ask the Moderators

Two questions:
    who has the most posts and most rep points here?

Earth Symbol Re: Ask the Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Oh, but that was a special case.The Horizon guys gave up the forum on their own site to come here, so they get higher status than the rest of us.
    I think it's because they are part of the "GateWorld Network" now. I don't think it had anything to do with their other forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler
    I think it's because they are part of the "GateWorld Network" now. I don't think it had anything to do with their other forum.
    Then how come the other sites in the Gateworld network haven't been mentioned since they joined? And they don't get their own sections here on the forum, either. Darren said that at least, is because of the deal they've made with the Horizon people. I took that to mean that Horizon agreed to shut down the forum on their site and move here instead, but I guess I misunderstood that, too. *shrug*

Earth Symbol Re: Ask the Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Then how come the other sites in the Gateworld network haven't been mentioned since they joined? And they don't get their own sections here on the forum, either. Darren said that at least, is because of the deal they've made with the Horizon people. I took that to mean that Horizon agreed to shut down the forum on their site and move here instead, but I guess I misunderstood that, too. *shrug*
    New Atlantis got a mention on the GateWorld mainpage, and that site doesn't really need a forum (as far as I know). Regardless, it doesn't particularly matter if Horizon has two forums, does it? It's not like we have to visit it in order to view other sections of GateWorld.

This is more for Darren, but some of the mods may know

I was wondering how many pics there are that come up in the top corner of Gateworld as I have noticed some new ones recently, basicaly how many here on the forum and the rest of the site??

If you look at the pages html code it says 48 pics
    love Torri

Page 3 of 721 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast