Double Jeopardy (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
    I had the impression they sent him home, not that he was hanging about the SGC.

Seaboe
    Yeah, after the episode definitely (as the fate of the SG1 androids is now clear and his power source is running out), it's just during the episode the last we see of Harlan is android Jack telling him not to come over with the rest of the real SG1 and then that's it. Seemed a little strange. I guess you could say this episode wasn't really about him though..

Comment

He will be waiting for the next explorers to step through the gate - he has got time!!!
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Maybe he gets out a bit more now since he has a robot Sam built extended life battery. I'm sure he would have been kept busy repairing robot SG-1 too. Well, that's what I like to think, that they were back wandering around the galaxy and would turn up again at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Maybe he gets out a bit more now since he has a robot Sam built extended life battery.
          This made me wonder: What kind of a race, would long ago leave their bodies and build machines, and then not being able to build a decent power-source for their robot-bodies?

Strange. They must have been pretty advanced to build those things in the first place, and then even transfer their 'souls' to make a perfect 'copy'.

... A robot without battery, really? ...
          Last edited by Cluas; 27 May 2016, 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
            This made me wonder: What kind of a race, would long ago leave their bodies and build machines, and then not being able to build a decent power-source for their robot-bodies?

Strange. They must have been pretty advanced to build those things in the first place, and then even transfer their 'souls' to make a perfect 'copy'.

... A robot without battery, really? ...
            As long as they didn't leave the planet it was okay!
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              As long as they didn't leave the planet it was okay!
              Yeah, but who would want to stay put on their own planet??

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                Yeah, but who would want to stay put on their own planet??
                Not all aliens are explorers like the Tauri!
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                  Not all aliens are explorers like the Tauri!
                  True, but ... The last of the Altairans climbed up to the surface and walked beyond the radius of the energy source that sustained them, ending their lives ...

Instead of developing a better power-source ...

Comment

Yeah, but look at us, with our computers and cell phones galore, and still not very good batteries (I mean only 4-6 hours? come on). Or maybe they had the natural resources for the robots but not enough for the power systems (most long lasting batteries are made of relatively rare elements).

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Maybe the surface wasn't promising at all and there really was no need for better batteries - perhaps the last one had been suicidal - with that one as company!!!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

If ever you wondered what happened to the androids -- they ignored orders and went off galavanting the galaxy. I'm surprised O'Neill doesn't know himself any better than that. Or maybe he did, since his reply to General Hammond's enquiry about ordering the androids to stay put is hesitant.

I truly enjoy the 2 O'Neills bantering and trying to one up one another. 1 O'Neill is a handful, 2 -- well... that's something we all like to see play out, Carter.

I really like the story and how both teams are working together, whether they like that or not. I do miss Daniel's presence but okay, he got to die again -- his robot-self anyway. They all perished but perhaps Harlan can fix them up again, if he's allowed too. They don't really touch on that subject, nor do they touch on the subject of the jaffa on board Chronos' ship. Did they choose freedom or.... death? Capture? I don't like those open endings really.

It's an excellent 42 minutes of fun entertainment: action, adventure, bantering, and great team work.

How would you rate SG-1's "Double Jeopardy?"

Excellent
                        Good
                        Fair
                        Poor
                        Terrible

+++++

3-episode quiz: Double Jeopardy, Exodus & Enemies (S5)

Jigsaw puzzle: Double Jeopardy

My time: 06:19
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 10 June 2018, 01:31 PM.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think Harlan is dead. Unless he can make new robots. I think the first time, I watched this episode o actually didn't know they were the fake SG1. Now the signs are obvious. Ah to be young and naive. I think It's a straight forward action which is entertaining enough as we get to see the robots outsmart and die. I especially like the Tealcs getting revenge which is why It's a good. 6 minutes 14 seconds. Close FH but no cigar
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            6 minutes 14 seconds. Close FH but no cigar
                            Oh shoot... 5 seconds... really...

Comment

10:49

I thought this was a good episode. I liked the two Jack's fighting, the two Carters working together, and the two Teal'c's saving each other.

Comment

Double Jeopardy -- for some reason it either reminds me of a seventies (? -- and I was born in the eighties) song or an episode of Stargate Atlantis. But rarely does it ring an SG-1 bell. It's weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X