Double Jeopardy (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
    Not sure how fast it can travel, 25, 000 - 30000 times the speed of light? I know its slower than the hyper drives the asgard use. As for what the SGC does with the ship
    Spoiler:
    I think, although memory is foggy, they give it to the Tok'ra. I seem to remember Jack taunting them about it

This episode was an average one for me. I liked it, but it's not one of my favourites - I would have been happy to not have seen the andriod/robot SG1 again. I never realized Michael Shanks directed the episode until now though.
    Spoiler:
    They were loaning it to the Tok'ra in exchange for them teaching the Tauri how to operate it. Then it got blown up
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Spoiler:
      They were loaning it to the Tok'ra in exchange for them teaching the Tauri how to operate it. Then it got blown up
      Ah! So I was close! Been a while since I saw these episodes.
      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I listened to the commentary for the first time and was pleased to hear Michael Shanks' voice!
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I really liked this episode. Loved the Jack-Jack moment, especially when they're face to face for the first time (after they get on the planet).

So Cronus is dead, killed by the badasses known as SG-1.

The Commentary:
          • The pyramid was based on the one from the original movie.
          • Shanks reminded us not to let RDA touch any prop because he'll play with it, like the cup he drank from.
          • The wrestling scene (between the Jacks) was RDA's idea.
          • Everyone wanted Daniel's head near his body during the Carter/Teal'c torture scene, but Shanks said no (he insisted on it).

Tomorrow, the finale of Season 4, the end of the section of our journey through Stargate SG-1's run.
          sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite episodes of Season 4. I just love 'double' stuff, when it turns up on Sci Fi. I particularly like the way Jack deals with 'himself'. Now he can experience for himself what others have to deal with! LOL!

The bit at the end as the robot Jack shuts down is sad, not so different after all. I like to think that Harlan repaired them, and made a new Daniel, having kept the original upload of him on his computer for just this sort of event. The 'other' SG-1 were back doing what they like doing and helped kick Ori and Lucian Alliance backsides.

Comment

A liked this ep. My first thought was that maybe the robot versions had already been there. Nope other way around.

Good to see Teal'c get his revenge on Cronus. Even if it was his robot twin that did the killing.

Yay free Ha'tak. Pity it doesn't last long.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                Everyone wanted Daniel's head near his body during the Carter/Teal'c torture scene, but Shanks said no (he insisted on it).
                I agree with Michael. I mean, it would be a bit sick, wouldn't it? It was bad enough seeing his head being blown off.. >.<;
                I thought you weren't doing the commentaries anymore...? (Glad you still are, though )

My LiveJournal post
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                  I agree with Michael. I mean, it would be a bit sick, wouldn't it? It was bad enough seeing his head being blown off.. >.<;
                  I thought you weren't doing the commentaries anymore...? (Glad you still are, though )

My LiveJournal post
                  Its a robot. If it was a human I might agree but not for a something filled with robots
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Its a robot. If it was a human I might agree but not for a something filled with robots
                    So these robots aren't real to you and don't deserve to be treated/regarded the same as a human, yet you make a fuss about Jack not considering stored/preserved biological samples as a living race in Scorched Earth?
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      So these robots aren't real to you and don't deserve to be treated/regarded the same as a human, yet you make a fuss about Jack not considering stored/preserved biological samples as a living race in Scorched Earth?
                      Of course not but a robot head is not as disgusting a human head being removed from the body. Look at how many times in Star Trek they removed robot heads
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Of course not but a robot head is not as disgusting a human head being removed from the body. Look at how many times in Star Trek they removed robot heads
                        Well, it's just that it he looks exactly like Daniel, and would look as if Daniel's head has been chopped off, which would be at least a little disconcerting, right? I mean, in Star Trek, I don't think there have been any robot copies of living humans, although, I may be wrong and have forgotten something...
                        But in this case, it was a perfect copy (at least on the outside) of one of the main characters, and my favourite character no less. I don't know about anyone else, but it would make me feel a little uneasy seeing his (or any of the other three's) decapitated head next to his body... but maybe that's just me...
                        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I like how we have this 4 epiosd arc in S4 to demostrate our latest foil with Apophis. An arc that starts with Double Jeopardy. Multiple rewatches has shown me how good they were at making the robot SG1 look like the real one. I really like the details of the subtle differences between the two. Its a fun action show to demostrate them killing Cronus and stealing a hatak. Not really surprising that the robot duplicates all died though. Like I said nothing ground breaking but it was still enjoyable to watch some action and kill off another system Lord.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Always confusing and I always think the robots gonna kill the humans to become the main character...

Comment

1. All the robots dying was really convenient.
                              2. Robo-O'Neill has black hair??
                              3. Did Harlan make new copies?
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                                1. All the robots dying was really convenient.
                                2. Robo-O'Neill has black hair??
                                3. Did Harlan make new copies?
                                Harlan and Urgo: who's more annoying? My vote goes to Urgo.

~BB~

Comment

Working...
                                X