Double Jeopardy (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hotep Ka Heru'ur View Post
    I just started watching the episode, and I've noticed that the one Jaffa is speaking with a Goa'ulded voice... for no appearant reason. Seems weird to me that 4 years into the show they would have made a mistake like that.
    Actually, they mentioned on the commentary that the actor just naturally had that deep a voice.

Comment

Definately a memorable episode, but in all of the production notes people are calling it "A huge episode". For example:

At the September 2000 GATECON convention in Vancouver, Christopher Judge ("Teal'c") stated that Shanks was handling his directorial debut very well -- and that "Double Jeopardy" would be the biggest episode since the pilot movie, "Children of the Gods."
      SG-1 writer/producer Joseph Mallozzi had the following to say about this episode: "[Michael Shanks'] directorial debut went well -- although, quite frankly, I'm sure it was somewhat of a hellish experience for him. The episode was HUUUGE -- but we watched the almost finished cut last week and it looks terrific."
      Was it just me or did this episode not quite live up to what people said about it. I suppose the different hairstyles/wardrobes and side by side effects would be a lot of work. However, on screen it came out as just another run of the mill Episode except for the Mother Ship of course.
      sigpic

Comment

2 Jacks. How can I not like this episode? Most here agree that the 2 quarelling Jacks are pretty hilarious.

I am sad that they killed off the robots. I expected more episode mileage from them.

The way robot Daniel died was both very sad and shocking. I really did not expect him to get beheaded.

Comment

Jack on Jack violence. Heh.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...e-jepardy.html
          My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
          http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

That Pyramid on the ground was the one from the original movie? was it not a ship in this episode?

Comment

Originally posted by RidgeTop View Post
              That Pyramid on the ground was the one from the original movie? was it not a ship in this episode?
              it was a ship but i don't know why it didn't show it take off or be used or anything.

great episode and how dare they behead daniel!

Comment

This was a good fun shootemup episode. I agree with some of the other posters though that putting the robots in such a 'light' episode didn't do justice to them.

They were awesome, and so deeply thought out in their first episode. Now they just 'happen' to be in 4 situations that kill each of them, what are the chances of the entire robot team dying and the entire non robot team being ok? Also the robots are designed to be stronger, smarter, and faster than their human counterparts.

I would have prefered a story exploring what they've been doing to keep themselves busy on the planet, what they've learned, how they've changed, and save the shoot em up for shallower characters. But anways, good episode, just wish they hadn't all died, and I would have liked to know more about their 'alternate' lives.

Like I said in the post on the first robot episode, SG-1 would have been much better off having them act as a sort of off planet version of their team, set up a lab in the factory and have them be the brains of the bunch, though now with powerpacks they can move - keep them out of battle and have them research alien technology - they practically have computers installed in their brains, in addition to an 11,000 year old alien that was perfectly willing to help and had nothing better to do. Fun episode, but it is a shame to waste so much potential on a single quick 4 death episode.

Comment

Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

**snip**

10) Double Jeopardy: The audience sits there wondering “Why the hell is this episode called Double Jeopardy?” until the end of the first act when Daniel Jackson gets decapitated, at which point they suddenly realize they’ve been following the android versions of our heroes (last scene in Tin Man). Double the SG-1 = Double the jeopardy.
                  http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...pisode-titles/
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It is a shame Carter stopped the O'Neill fight. I would have liked to have seen who the winner was.
                    Some say that he has only one ear.
                    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                    All we know is he's called
                    sigpic

Comment

I never understood why they couldn't repair the robots... besides daniels head being blown off and damaged, could they not fix the other ones?

Why couldn't harlm also make more then one copy of himself? he needed people to maintain his world... seems like more copies of himself would work.

Comment

I so wanted that the Robot-team to live and appear at season 10
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

i love this episode the robots and the originals working as a team.
                          sigpic

Comment

I loved it when Robo Jack and actual Jack were gonna beat each other up... lol!! That was great!!
                            sigpic

Comment

i agree it was very funny they are both angry at eachother
                              sigpic

Comment

and yet all the robots bought it in the end... that makes me sad.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X