Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Double Jeopardy (421)

It was a good episode but I didn't find it all that memorable. True, it did have a lot of funny moments, but nothing that made me earmark the episode for future viewings. I think I would have liked for the robot story line to end at Tin Man, having me always guess as to what they were up to. Instead of the finite end of Double Jeopardy.

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Ahhh.. but they had to do this due to the (spoilers for season 5)
    "death" of Jackson so that the synthetic Jackson wouldn't be a possiblity.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

I just watched the audio commentary from MS and that other guy - I believe he was some visual effects supervisor, anywho.. It was my first commentary to listen to and it has got me wanting to hear more. It was very interesting to hear all their thoughts on every little thing. I didn't realize how difficult this episode was to shoot.

yeah... 2 of the same actor in a shot... I would assume it would be hard

I love to see 2 Jacks together... very funny.

Captain Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman's Avatar

I think they killed off the robots way too fast. It would have been interesting how the team relationship evolved with all of them being robots. It would have been interesting to see how the team dynamics and all would have changed had the real SG-1 been downloaded into robots...
    Sort of like a AU but in the same universe. Not to mention I love and pity those guys. It cannot have been easy. And they couldn't stop being SG-1 either. That was interesting.

This episode was a lot of fun and a little sad too.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

this is a really great episode where wde get to see Cronos again and the nutty alien Harlan I loved the scence where the 2 O'Neills start fighting and then Carter says :Colonels and then the O'Neills look up
    Lord Zedd

Airman

Thumbs up Re: Double Jeopardy (421)

Love love loved this ep. So funny! Fav scene, is when the O'Neills are fightin'. I got one word to say to you....bet-ter.
    "Dad, what's a muppet?"-Lisa
    "Well it's not quite a mop, and it's quite a puppet
    but maaan. So does that answer your question? I
    don't know."-Homer

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    I was a little disapointed that they didn't go into some of the differences between the real SG-1 and the Robot team.

I'm still curious how they got the guns and supplies and the uniforms.
    Probably made them. They are pretty resourceful.

Really great ep. Full of fuuny moments and Teal'c gets his revenge.

I forgot the best part. They get a Ha'tak. Very cool.

Chief Master Sergeant

It is a shame Cronus's wife/sister Rhea was not on that mothership as well. Always like it when a Goa'uld goes down.

I liked the female Goa'uld who interrogated the robot Sam and T'ealc, and was a little disappointed when she went geographic. I felt she had great potential.
    I agree, she was just the right type of evil, and a good actress. But she obviously wasn't a 'god', just a goa'uld underling of sorts.

I enjoyed this episode a fair deal. I'm impressed/pleased to hear that MS directed it. I love how involved the actors are with the production/direction of the show. I think it is part of what makes it such a great series.

Double Jack is always great (although I like double tech-talk Sam too) -- it's hilarious how they play off each other. As mentioned, Sam's 'Sirs!' was pretty funny too.

I don't like Cronus one bit (I think he is a flabby looking fabio type with really bad hair) and so I was glad to see him die. It was incredibly cool that SG1 was actually able to get control of the mothership!

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    I love to see 2 Jacks together... very funny.
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by Dahar Master Thor
    O'Neill's confrontation with robot O'Neill was the highlight for me. I especially loved the subtle Six Million Dollar Man reference: "bet-ter, stronger, faster." All the more funny because robot O'Neill is not just the ultimate "bionic" man, he's also an Air Force colonel, just like Steve Austin.
    Also, the "better" was how Harlan kept saying it in TIN MAN. I was wondering why the real SG-1 wasn't more worried about what the robot team had been doing around the galaxy, in their name. It would seem that would hae been another reason to go get the robot team, maybe somehow force the gate on Harlan's planet to stop working, after they returned them there. of course, since they were all damaged not sure if any of them returned to Harlan's planet now.

Probie

Wish I could've seen much more of their interactions with each other!:
    Tin O'Neill: We're not finished pal!
    O'Neill: I so OWN you!

And it reminds me of something O'Neill said in Point Of View in..season 2 sometime (alternate reality ep) "Imagine the combined IQ of 2 Carters!" They would've been so interesting to watch..!
    Teal'c: Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up.

It sounds a bit nerdy but the first time I watched this one and they came out of the stargate I thought what happened to the P90's. I thought they'd put the episode order back to front. DOH!
    This was cool on so many levels ,the two teams meeting and helping each otherand the locals being a bit confused!
    I just thought the whole idea was great and very funny!

Nice episode, good directing by Shanks!!!! anyway another one biteds the dust, when will the killing end???

Second Lieutenant

Cool eppy........but why hasn't Carter ever killed a system lord (not talking about YOU know who in season eight because that really wasn't her)

Shame that they had to get rid of the robots but like they say all good things must eventually come to an end.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

I really enjoyed this episode, was better second time round when you knew what was what! Best bit has got to be the two O'Neills fighting, so true to character and funny! Poor Daniel-bot! That was cool though! Great directing by Michael, loved his dvd commentary, very interesting to hear how he coped with it and what he liked and didn't like about it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast