Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi has absoloutely 0 involvement in the production of the mini-series. Its all done by Henson and some outside partners. Not sure who, but Sci-Fi just bought the rights to air the show first. So rest assured they wont corrupt it!

Sci-Fi has alot of original shows...no they have alot of stupid cliched shows that only borderline there "popcorn movies" in how horrible the plots and acting are. The only other Sci-Fi show besides Farscape was decent was First Wave which when compared to Farscape...well thats just it, there is no comparison.

Jeff I like your line up but as much as I like SG-1 they seriously need to end it this season. Sci-Fi will end up milking that show dry like Fox did with the Simpsons and the X-Files.

Comment

The animosity seems to have increased since BB and CB came to SG
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I haven't seen any Scapers vs Gaters animosity as such - certainly no blanket dislike of one group of fans by the other. What I have seen is two or three Scapers who think that we Gaters are blessed beyond measure to have two of their sainted actors, and two or three Gaters who think that we Scapers (yes, I'm both) should kneel before the greatness of the uncancelled show that is Stargate, cos only a show that's never been cancelled could possibly have the least amount of merit.

And I've seen people who like both shows or just one getting annoyed with the two-or-three; and not just the two-or-three from the 'other side'. For instance I think Farscape is smashing, and Claudia Black is IMO the best actress in TV SF; but even so it winds me up something chronic when any post that is not swooning over her is met with a reply from one of the two-or-three that points out how she's the best thing since crackers.

It doesn't reflect badly on all Scapers / Gaters though; I think most people have the sense to see that the majority of both are the sane, pleasant live-and-let-live type.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          two or three Scapers who think that we Gaters are blessed beyond measure to have two of their sainted actors,
          This group of people seem to be in the majority and as this is an SG board it is really annoying me
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

i have never really been given the chance to see farscape, only a few eps and the mini-seies, but i like it a lot . even though i hadn't seen much of it, i was sad to hear of its cancellation , and would most certainly watch it if they made a new season. however, i know stargate sg-1 will always be my number one!
            i've only just heard of this fan animosity, and i'm not really surprised if some scapers feel a little bitter about stargate if it really was because of stargate that it was cancelled. i don't think it is fair for them to take it out on the fans though!
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Holey thread necromancy We would have let you make a new topic, Qasim
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

What do you mean?

Necromancy is the black art of communicating with the dead. This is usually done to obtain information about the future, but can also be used for other purposes, such as getting the dead to perform deeds of which humans are not capable.
                love Torri

Comment

I watched the first few episodes at my parent's when it premired on Showtime, but I was in college at the time and didn't Showtime there. But I was into other shows at the time, like B5. Anyway, I eventually got hooked by Farscape and started to watch it religiously. When Sci-fi got SG1, I was worried about the amount of promos for SG1 and not Farscape. Then Farscape gets cancelled in the fourth season after being promised a fifth. For a while, I was very resentful against SG1, but I eventually got over it. I turned my hatred towards Sci-Fi and Vendi-Universial (sp?) who owned them at the time. Eventually I got over that as well because I realized that it is just a business and sometimes bad/wrong things happen and you shouldn't stay mad about it forever. Besides there are much betters things to hate like reality TV.

But I will always love Farscape, and I miss watching that show a lot. But you can learn to love again. Now, I love watching SG1 and Atlantis almost as much as I loved watching Farscape.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    What do you mean?
                    Check the date on the post before yours its July 2004.
                    "Thread necromancy" =bringing back an old thread thats been dead for a long time.
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                      Check the date on the post before yours its July 2004.
                      "Thread necromancy" =bringing back an old thread thats been dead for a long time.
                      Theres nothing wrong with resurrecting a thread
                      love Torri

Comment

Theres nothing wrong with resurrecting a thread

Just don't it to many times, or you will start thinking your a god or something.

Comment

This group of people seem to be in the majority and as this is an SG board it is really annoying me
                          *walks up to qasimjavid, sticks out her hand in an offer of friendship

Uh, no they would be in the MINORITY, they just seem to post more than any other Scapers. I'm a Scaper and a Gater and I do NOT feel that Gaters should be bowing or anything because Ben and Claudia are on the show. I'm quite happy they are on the show...it means they aren't out of work.

I'd still watch SG-1 if Ben and Claudia weren't on it.

Please don't let the words of a small handful of over-velous Scapers sour you to the rest of us Scapers, we're a good lot actually.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I've never actually seen much Farscape/SG-1 animosity.

Actually, I tend to see a lot more Farscape/Lexx animosity. But that's just because Lexx was a better show and FS fans were jealous
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                              I've never actually seen much Farscape/SG-1 animosity.

Actually, I tend to see a lot more Farscape/Lexx animosity. But that's just because Lexx was a better show and FS fans were jealous
                              Yeah, that's it. Not ever really being able to make it through an entire eps of Lexx, I'll just back away from that topic.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I love Farscape, definitely a scaper here, or whatever, but I also adore Stargate, which delves into the realm of spirituality moreso than Farscape, both shows had and have particulars that can draw a different crowd, but they are both great Sci-Fi shows, I believe that anyone who hates either show, if they gave it a chance would agree, that science fiction has benefited from both shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X