• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent SC episode. Loved it.

Nuff said.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Oh yes, I can see it now. An SG team has just sent their iris code, and Hammond orders "Open the Iris" Sgt. Davis goes to place his hand on the pad when suddenly the system locks up. Davis turns to Hammond, "Sir the computer has crashed!" The next thig we know we hear the unmistakable sound of multiple impacts against the iris.

No I highly doubt that they use Windows for the main system, if you sneeze in it's direction Windows gets a virus.

Why reinvent the wheel? Especially with the fine grain security you can get with, for example, Solaris or SELinux ACL's

Of course your security is only as good as your administrator, no matter what OS you're running.
      Well maybe they're using Windows ME

*falls off chair laughing*

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
        Well maybe they're using Windows ME
        *shudders*

You know, even Microsoft tries to forget Windows Mistake Edition
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

unfortunately i'm stuck using it. my computer hates me.

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            unfortunately i'm stuck using it. my computer hates me.
            ohh boy do i know that feeling.
            and they say ai doesnt exist. computers are ALIVE people! they are evil and malicious (sp?). they take pleasure in trying to destroy our lives. and the more we rely on them, the more they are able to destroy!!

(the reason I feel this way is because my dvd player - i only have one in my computer - is incompatible with some of my stargate dvds! they play on my brother's player, just not mine!!!!)

they are mean, and nasty and they smell bad!

ohh, and the token topic comment -
            entity rocked. lol

Comment

Computer mind transfer... that can't be good

Comment

she talked like Steven Hawking

Comment

well she's almost as smart

Comment

This is the first SG episode I ever saw, and it hooked me. AT's performance was fantastic and I suppose that's why Sam's always been my favorite character. Anyway, I saw Entity and Da told me that it wasn't even one of the better ones, so naturally I started watching every evening and here I am. But I love the look in AT's eyes when the Entity is in control: they're so totally blank, like a mask. The eyes simeltaneously scared the crud out of me and...okay, just freaked me out.

Thanks to Entity, I [heart] Stargate!

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Jack's file when the Entity brought it up in the briefing room said: "John O'Neill"

I mean thats a kind of obvious blunder to make

Or did I miss something...

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                        Did anyone else notice that Jack's file when the Entity brought it up in the briefing room said: "John O'Neill"

I mean thats a kind of obvious blunder to make

Or did I miss something...
                        Jacks justs a nickname IIRC. His real name is Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                          How the heck does that work o,o

Comment

I still wonder, if that place was a home of the ancients, what the hell happened?
                            When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

I like how Sam told them that she was still around at the end, when she was still the computer, I believe it was the MALPs computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                                Or presumably, John 'Jack' O'Neill, and as anyone who ever acted in or watched The Importance of Being Earnest while at school or college will know, Jack is a notorious domesticity for John.

What I really liked about this episode - aside from AT's twitchy acting - was the confrontation between Jack and Daniel after Sam's been possessed, where neither one of them will back down because neither one of them is wrong.
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X