No announcement yet.

Entity (420)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I think I've noticed that - incredible!
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

I think this episode has one of the most alien worlds seen in Stargate, even though we hardly see much of it. If you examine the grainy probe footage at the beginning it truly looks bizarre. Wonder what it would be like if a team stepped through.

Comment

Painful.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

It was a cool looking world. It would've made for a far more interesting episode had they found a way to explore it rather than the ridiculousness of putting Carter into a computer.

With all of the stuff built up around the Gate on the other world it makes you wonder how they used the Stargate themselves.

Comment

Err... okay... do I like this? Do I still like this? Did I ever like this enough to like this episode?

I don't know. I was suitably entertained for 42 minutes so that's something.

The matrix-nest, the little robot driving off around the corner, the idea of an frequency based civilization... all very cool.
            But knowing we never find out more about it, sorta turns the appeal down a couple of notches, and that's really too bad because this had some really good content.

The episode starts out harmless enough before all hell breaks loose and they inadvertently get a visitor over who isn't happy about getting radiowaved into oblivion. It should at least have given the SGC a shot at explaining, but how fast the SGC was at destroying it, that's just the same response the entity had to the probe's arrival. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Michael Shanks doing an awesome job portraying an addict in The Light, and Amanda Tapping acting her socks off in this one. It reminds me a little of her performance in the Sanctuary episode Veritas. That's one of my favorite episodes and she's acing it there too.

Though I feel a little underwhelmed, and I'm sure given more time this episode could have expanded more but alas.... never heard from again, and forgotten in SG-1 history.

How would you rate SG-1's "Entity?"

Excellent
            Good -- even though I felt left hanging. It had way more potential.
            Fair
            Poor
            Terrible

+++++++

3-episode quiz: The Light, Prodigy & Entity

Jigsaw puzzle: Entity
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 09 June 2018, 03:46 AM.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You need to check your brain at the door. Its a weird episode that doesn't make a lot of sense. The whole transfer of the computer into Sam's brain and Sam's brain into the computers is too much of a stretch to me. I actually do sympathize with the computer. It was an accident but we did kill several of their kind. I call it fair with 6 minutes and 37 seconds and 14/15
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                You need to check your brain at the door. Its a weird episode that doesn't make a lot of sense. The whole transfer of the computer into Sam's brain and Sam's brain into the computers is too much of a stretch to me. I actually do sympathize with the computer. It was an accident but we did kill several of their kind. I call it fair with 6 minutes and 37 seconds and 14/15
                Ah, but the brain does have the potential to store a lot of information. Okay, we are not yet able to transfer consciousnesses into and out of it, but I'm sure that given enought time -- say a couple hundred more -- and medicine and technology has advanced enough to give our brains that extra boost. Well, not our brains but the brains of future humans.

7:15 again (tying this one with Prodigy).

Comment

That is my point. Given our technology, what they do in this episode is absurd
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    That is my point. Given our technology, what they do in this episode is absurd
                    Ah right... ... yes, good point.

Comment

11:40. 12/15

I felt the entity reacted the same way humans would if someone inadvertently poisoned humankind. They would attack to save our people.

I thought this was a fair episode. I did like Jack playing with the camera, and AT and RDA acted this episode to perfection. I just don't like the story in general.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I like this episode, but I never understood why it is called as shippy. I always saw the exclamation "This one is important." that it was not about being important for Jack but for the whole SGC (as a friend, an expert, a teammember). And Jack was undoubtedly hurt by the situation, but I believe that he would behave the same way if the entity entered into Daniel or Teal'c. (Or someone else who was important for Jack, do you remember to his state when was Kawalsky infected by Goaul'd or Boyd was dying under the influence of black hole?)

Comment

I think shippers see what they want to see in a lot of Stargate episodes.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I agree, I somewhere read that S/J relationship took a lot of focus in S4-S5 (I heard that it was even the opinion of some actors as well), but I can not see it for my life. For me, it was seen prominently only in Divide and Conquer and a little in Beneath the Surface. I was always asking myself "Where is this mentioned focus"? It became more evident later in S7-S8, but not very dramatically for me.

Comment

Goes to show we all look at something in a different way, and no way is better or worse than the next.

Comment

Working...
                                X