No announcement yet.

Entity (420)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it didn't choose Sam because she was Sam, it chose her because she wanted to talk to it and could therefore be lured. If not her it would have settled for Daniel, but Hammond - like Jack or Teal'c - would have been too cautious.

Moreover, it was plainly unable to pose as Sam in any way, so what good would it be for it to occupy Hammond? No-one would have believed it was Hammond unless it could sell a sudden total loss of voice and attack of weird twitching.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

True.
      sigpic

Comment

But it didn't choose Sam because she was Sam,
        Actually, the entity very clearly indicated that Sam was deliberately targeted:

FRAISER: We understand you have taken control of Major Carter, but you're not her.

ENTITY: There was no other choice. No other place to go. You wish to terminate.

O'NEILL: Still do.

ENTITY: But you will not. Not now. I have observed. You value the life of one.

O'NEILL: Yes we do.

ENTITY: This one is important.

O'NEILL: She is.

ENTITY: For this reason, this one was chosen. You will not terminate this one in order to destroy me.

FRAISER: It went into Sam out of self preservation.

ENTITY: I cannot be removed from this mind without terminating. You will not terminate this one. None of you will. Therefore I will survive.
        Although I'm a J/S shipper, I'm not sure I entirely agree with the entity that Sam was more important or special than the rest of SG1. But it clearly believed that the others and Hammond cared enough about her that they wouldn't risk her life to target it. And that is why it chose her to inhabit. Jack, of course, proved this theory to be wrong.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

But for that purpose, Daniel would have done just as well and was just as likely to be captured by the lure that it used.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

also true.
            sigpic

Comment

this espiode sucked seriously
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Why do you say that?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  Actually, the entity very clearly indicated that Sam was deliberately targeted:

Although I'm a J/S shipper, I'm not sure I entirely agree with the entity that Sam was more important or special than the rest of SG1. But it clearly believed that the others and Hammond cared enough about her that they wouldn't risk her life to target it. And that is why it chose her to inhabit. Jack, of course, proved this theory to be wrong.

Albion
                  We see the Entity watching through the cameras. Hammond etc. are always consulting with Sam about how to fix the problem. That could indicate her importance to it. I think one of the better parts of the episodes is the idea that Sam or any of them would have to be sacrificed to save Earth and how hard that is to deal with when it's not in the abstract, but is a friend you're talking about.

Comment

I think the entity chose carter because she was the most likely to touch the keyboard.

However the entity could have set it up anyway it wanted to WHY CARTER! The entire team is just as valuable.

(Easiest I suppose)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                      I think the entity chose carter because she was the most likely to touch the keyboard.

However the entity could have set it up anyway it wanted to WHY CARTER! The entire team is just as valuable.

(Easiest I suppose)
                      Yeah i also think that. Carter is the one who knows the most of computers so she was the one person that could try to do something with it. And cause she was curieus of what it was she wanted to communicate with it.
                      I also think that the entity knew that, and that is why he made that.

Yes everyone is valuable but I think the entity noticed Carters behaviour and therefor it wanted her cos she knows the most of those computers and things, and she wasn't able to help Sg1 to rescue herself

Comment

Actually, I wonder about that one. As a lure to to get Carter, it seems to me that the entity took a very large risk. Surely, out of all of SG1, the person most likely to rush to communicate with an alien entity was Daniel! He's the language expert, he's the one fascinated with communication and with communicating with aliens. I'd normally have expected him to be first up to the keyboard, before anyone else could move.

So it's always seemed a little odd to me that that was the lure the entity chose to ensare Carter. I think it just struck very lucky that she was the one who took it and it got what it wanted.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I think relicarterje made a great point if it hadn't been carter, carter might have been able to fix the problem.
                          sigpic

Comment

well thanks captain jake

ow i thought of something else, if daniel tried to talk to the entity with the keyboard, the entity didn't have to do the same to him, he had a free will. And he wanted Carter, so it could wait until Carter tried it... so maybe the entity got lucky that carter tried it first. otherwise he had to wait a little bit longer

Comment

So you think the entity was just lucky?

I don't think so I believe it to be very methodical, it choose sam.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                                So you think the entity was just lucky?

I don't think so I believe it to be very methodical, it choose sam.
                                i think you misinterpreted what i said. I think he wanted to have sam, but he was lucky that she was the first to touch the keyboard. Otherwise the entity had to wait for her. now she was the first

Comment

Working...
                                X