Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 182

Thread: Entity (420)

  1. #61
    Lieutenant Colonel Mr Prophet's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Huntingdon
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    But it didn't choose Sam because she was Sam, it chose her because she wanted to talk to it and could therefore be lured. If not her it would have settled for Daniel, but Hammond - like Jack or Teal'c - would have been too cautious.

    Moreover, it was plainly unable to pose as Sam in any way, so what good would it be for it to occupy Hammond? No-one would have believed it was Hammond unless it could sell a sudden total loss of voice and attack of weird twitching.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

  2. #62
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    True.

  3. #63
    Captain
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    But it didn't choose Sam because she was Sam,
    Actually, the entity very clearly indicated that Sam was deliberately targeted:

    FRAISER: We understand you have taken control of Major Carter, but you're not her.

    ENTITY: There was no other choice. No other place to go. You wish to terminate.

    O'NEILL: Still do.

    ENTITY: But you will not. Not now. I have observed. You value the life of one.

    O'NEILL: Yes we do.

    ENTITY: This one is important.

    O'NEILL: She is.

    ENTITY: For this reason, this one was chosen. You will not terminate this one in order to destroy me.

    FRAISER: It went into Sam out of self preservation.

    ENTITY: I cannot be removed from this mind without terminating. You will not terminate this one. None of you will. Therefore I will survive.
    Although I'm a J/S shipper, I'm not sure I entirely agree with the entity that Sam was more important or special than the rest of SG1. But it clearly believed that the others and Hammond cared enough about her that they wouldn't risk her life to target it. And that is why it chose her to inhabit. Jack, of course, proved this theory to be wrong.

    Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

    Richard Dean Anderson

  4. #64
    Lieutenant Colonel Mr Prophet's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Huntingdon
    Posts
    3,933

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    But for that purpose, Daniel would have done just as well and was just as likely to be captured by the lure that it used.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

  5. #65
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    also true.

  6. #66
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,935

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    this espiode sucked seriously

  7. #67
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    Why do you say that?

  8. #68
    Major General jckfan55's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Carter's Lab
    Posts
    10,279

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    Quote Originally Posted by Albion
    Actually, the entity very clearly indicated that Sam was deliberately targeted:



    Although I'm a J/S shipper, I'm not sure I entirely agree with the entity that Sam was more important or special than the rest of SG1. But it clearly believed that the others and Hammond cared enough about her that they wouldn't risk her life to target it. And that is why it chose her to inhabit. Jack, of course, proved this theory to be wrong.

    Albion
    We see the Entity watching through the cameras. Hammond etc. are always consulting with Sam about how to fix the problem. That could indicate her importance to it. I think one of the better parts of the episodes is the idea that Sam or any of them would have to be sacrificed to save Earth and how hard that is to deal with when it's not in the abstract, but is a friend you're talking about.

  9. #69
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    I think the entity chose carter because she was the most likely to touch the keyboard.

    However the entity could have set it up anyway it wanted to WHY CARTER! The entire team is just as valuable.

    (Easiest I suppose)

  10. #70

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    Quote Originally Posted by captain jake
    I think the entity chose carter because she was the most likely to touch the keyboard.

    However the entity could have set it up anyway it wanted to WHY CARTER! The entire team is just as valuable.

    (Easiest I suppose)
    Yeah i also think that. Carter is the one who knows the most of computers so she was the one person that could try to do something with it. And cause she was curieus of what it was she wanted to communicate with it.
    I also think that the entity knew that, and that is why he made that.

    Yes everyone is valuable but I think the entity noticed Carters behaviour and therefor it wanted her cos she knows the most of those computers and things, and she wasn't able to help Sg1 to rescue herself

  11. #71
    Captain
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,058

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    I think the entity chose carter because she was the most likely to touch the keyboard.
    Actually, I wonder about that one. As a lure to to get Carter, it seems to me that the entity took a very large risk. Surely, out of all of SG1, the person most likely to rush to communicate with an alien entity was Daniel! He's the language expert, he's the one fascinated with communication and with communicating with aliens. I'd normally have expected him to be first up to the keyboard, before anyone else could move.

    So it's always seemed a little odd to me that that was the lure the entity chose to ensare Carter. I think it just struck very lucky that she was the one who took it and it got what it wanted.

    Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

    Richard Dean Anderson

  12. #72
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    I think relicarterje made a great point if it hadn't been carter, carter might have been able to fix the problem.

  13. #73

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    well thanks captain jake

    ow i thought of something else, if daniel tried to talk to the entity with the keyboard, the entity didn't have to do the same to him, he had a free will. And he wanted Carter, so it could wait until Carter tried it... so maybe the entity got lucky that carter tried it first. otherwise he had to wait a little bit longer

  14. #74
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    So you think the entity was just lucky?

    I don't think so I believe it to be very methodical, it choose sam.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    Quote Originally Posted by captain jake
    So you think the entity was just lucky?

    I don't think so I believe it to be very methodical, it choose sam.
    i think you misinterpreted what i said. I think he wanted to have sam, but he was lucky that she was the first to touch the keyboard. Otherwise the entity had to wait for her. now she was the first

  16. #76
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    O ok gotcha.

  17. #77
    Brigadier General ReganX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9,142

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    Quote Originally Posted by RepliCartertje
    I think he wanted to have sam, but he was lucky that she was the first to touch the keyboard. Otherwise the entity had to wait for her. now she was the first
    The Entity set up an interface to communicate/conduit to enter a human body and brought up Sam's profile on the screen - it knew who it wanted as a host and that Sam would respond to what looked like an invitation to communicate.

    Had it shown Daniel's profile, Daniel would have responded and been as vulnerable to being taken over as Sam was.

    I figured that the Entity chose Sam because it believed, based on its observations and the information gleaned from the computer system, that she would be the person that those at the SGC would be least able to bring themselves to kill.

  18. #78
    Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,232

    Arrow1 Re: Entity (420)

    What about jack, daniel, teal'c, or Dr. fraiser? I couldn't kill any of them.

  19. #79
    Brigadier General ReganX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9,142

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    Quote Originally Posted by captain jake
    What about jack, daniel, teal'c, or Dr. fraiser? I couldn't kill any of them.
    Neither could I, but the Entity seemed to consider Sam the best choice.

  20. #80

    Default Re: Entity (420)

    I think he wanted to kill Carter cause of the knowledge that she has, if she is gone... like in dead... the SGC would find it hard to do thing so... that is maybe why it choose Carter. And it knew that because of the reading it had done of the files in the computer

    And I really could not kill anyone of them... but who would?... I don't think anyone

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •