This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Pet Peeves

just the little things about the show that bother you. dont get me wrong, the show is excellent, but theres always little things that annoy people lol. mine personally are 1)gen landry wearing the flight jacket indoors (it drives me crazy!!!), 2) daniel wearing the bandana, and 3) in the beginning when dr fraiser would call tealc "mr tealc"

since we already have a nice long general pet peeves thread, this one is to be stargate only please.

unless you want to post general ones here too and i can close this thread or merge it with the existing one
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Give SG-1 their wormhole back! No more naggin' Atlantis' wormhole!

Comment

Cliff hangars, and cliff hangars that have predictable outcomes. And lets not forget all these "breaks" they take. When I overthrow the world government, I'm going to force these guys to produce an episode every week. No more of this "It takes time to produce" stuff! If I have to hire security guards armed with whips to motivate the people that work on the show to work 18 hours a day, then that's what I'll do!

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
          Cliff hangars, and cliff hangars that have predictable outcomes. And lets not forget all these "breaks" they take. When I overthrow the world government, I'm going to force these guys to produce an episode every week. No more of this "It takes time to produce" stuff! If I have to hire security guards armed with whips to motivate the people that work on the show to work 18 hours a day, then that's what I'll do!
          In my opinion, the cast and crew shouldn't have to produce an episode a week, but the networks airing the show must air an episode a week.

Comment

Sg-1/SGA teams only get P90s or other submachineguns even when going up against things like Wraith or Unas while base guards get the heavier weapons like assault rifles, sometimes even with underslung grenade launchers, so they can point them at incoming wormholes in a menacing fashion.

Wouldn't this scenario work better reversed maybe?

Comment

1. they took the opening creds and replaced them with some 3 sec. retarded thing

2.that we havent found a realy good sorce of naqwuda (yes i no its not spelled right) evn after the goauld's down fall

3.that the asgard havent given use energy weapons they could gives opsoleat weapons compared to theres

Comment

Main cast members who are unable/too lazy to pronounce "Goa'uld" correctly even though they should know better after NINE EFFING YEARS.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

two words...

PLOT.HOLES. GRR!!!!

make that four...here's the other two...

STORY.INCONSISTENCIES!

ie. where's Jack? Where's the Nox? Who are the Furlings? Did Cassie fall off the face of the planet? What about all these places/people we were to go back to?
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

One thing that bugs me on SG is whenever the self-destruck is on, it is always the very last second that they are able to cancel. I would love to see them cancel the self-destruck with 2 minutes and 34 seconds to spare.
                    sigpic
                    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Quick endings, pointless episodes, and predictable storylines.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                        Main cast members who are unable/too lazy to pronounce "Goa'uld" correctly even though they should know better after NINE EFFING YEARS.
                        Yeah but George Bush still can't pronounce nuclear even though it's his favorite hide and go seek game so it's not too unrealistic

My peeves are:

Despite previous problems, they keep touching the wierd alien technology.

There are no small disasters, like Sam catching an alien version of the measles.

That they never, since coming up with the series premise, presented a solution to the language barrier. It's like ignoring the big elephant in the room.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I'm getting REALLY tired of those long drawn-out character-to-character looks accompanied by the dramatic music at the end of almost every scene this season, i.e.:

"We have a problem here, people", says Landry, looking hard at Sam for answers.
                          Cut to Sam looking with concern at Daniel.
                          Cut to Daniel looking vexed and turning to Teal'c.
                          Cut to Teal'c raising an eybrow and glancing over at Cam.
                          Cut to Cam pondering the deeper implications (or maybe lunch).
                          (fade to commercial)

Perhaps Cam's planning on meeting the writers in the Mess Hall because they obviously left early when they heard lemon chicken was on the menu. Maybe he can help them find out where all the rest of the dialogue that was supposed to be in that scene went.

Comment

1. Furlings, Where are those Furlings?
                            I think the writers should right them in as a powerful new ally, to fight the Ori. Because the only Jaffa that is going to help is Teal'c. The Jaffa are gonna go ORI, most of them anyway.

2. Sam told the FBI guy she was sort of seeing someone earlier in Season 9. Is it Jack?

3. What happened to Sarah?

4. Landry needs replaced, I think he is kind of dopey. I think he lets SG-1 call all of the shots, Hammond had a backbone.

5. Finally, is Vala coming back or what?
                            Hallowed are the Eey-Ore!

Comment

Originally posted by runyon3je
                              5. Finally, is Vala coming back or what?
                              Spoiler:
                              Yes, check out the spoilers for the last episodes of Season 9.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                              X