This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who picks banner ads for Gateworld??

Now Gateworld is advertising "Threshold," the very show that is competing directly with Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Ironic isnt it. Whats more ironic is that Gateworld is acting very slow to load the page so for about 30 seconds ALL I can see is the Threshold banner. Very funny.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

GateWorld's ad inventory is sold by a third-party company called Gorilla Nation Media, except for the Google Adsense banners.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

only 30 seconds? you're lucky

at work, on my nice fast t-line i've sat waiting for a page to load for up to two mintues...cept for the ad of course. it always loads first

gorilla nation is obviously an aggressive marketing company
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Addblock ftw

Comment

Right now im at 450 kbs per sec...
            and I get it here and there but most the time it loads right up...
            I had t3 at my old job and here and there it still lagged, so its not your isp....

And what do you think pays for this site?
            So we deal with bs ad's, we get a nice site out of it....
            Would you not say so?

Never forget the power of words, and how it can affect someone's life.
            Always remember there's another person on the other side of the computer.

Comment

yes, the ads to pay the bills

and i would use adblock at work, but the geeks in computer services wont' allow me to

i'm actually using a different browser now. at home i'm on dialup and the ads were bogging the page loads down to minutes at a time as the flash loads (not to mention dragging my processor down)

just the way things are. more and more sites are getting fancier and fancier...but the folks htat are making them aren't taking the time to realize that most of the computer users out there aren't on cable with fast computers and, well more and more folks are like me...if there's a site that's too bogged down with flash, i just find another one or i do without
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If you have FireFox, there's a nice little plug-in called FlashBlock that kills flash in sites for you...you click on an icon if you want to see what's there...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

the only add i like so far is the Serenity one course care less bout the rest.. the invasion one is just gettin' annoyin'
                  sigpic

Comment

Safari (on mac os x) seems to block the ads but the pages still take forever to load but up stairs in the IT lab on the PCs it loads just fine it also loads just fine at home. I'm at school BTW

Comment

Cant even see them lol. I'm using a paid firewall which blocks all ads. Also I'm using 2mg broadband connection and he firefox browser so i dont experience any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonthefurling
                        Cant even see them lol. I'm using a paid firewall which blocks all ads. Also I'm using 2mg broadband connection and he firefox browser so i dont experience any problem.
                        2mbps you call that a broadband connection LOL mine is 5mbps and thats slow

TO the MOD Why don't you post my Sig? I would PM Darren and ask but I Can't use PM

Comment

Working...
                        X