No announcement yet.

"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted to another thread that a take-off on the Sliders Kromag arc would make for a great Stargate spin-off series. Here is the link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...13#post5341713

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
      now I want to go listen to the commentarys on the DVD's and hear about them pratting on about Stargate stealing their wormhole. They aren't even remotely the same graphic effect and I am sure Bruce Wooloshyn at Rainmaker would be insulted to hear that.
      That's exactly what i thought, if those guys have accually watched Stargate they'd no it's completly different from theirs. I don't know when the dvd's were released but it has to be right around when the series ended in 2000 cause the comment on the fans that kept it on the air after it was canceled. Another thing they comented on was old Garwin Stanford(aka Narim) who was in the pilot and after that he appered in other TV shows like SG-1. So i geuss that's ONE thing they're allowed ta brag about.

As for Jerry O'Connel on Crossing Jordan i don't watch the show but i've seen him on it. I have watched the show Numbers and i heard that Sabrina Lloyd is on it, however i haven't seen her in any episodes. Does anyone know if somethin happened to her character in the first season?

Comment

Isn't the Stargate series wormhole effect practically the same as the Stargate Movie wormhole? The movie was made in 1994 one year before Sliders started.

Comment

I liked the first season and some aspects of the "CroMagg" story arc.

I loved Sabrina Lloyd. What a spunky, hot thing she is.
          "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper
            Isn't the Stargate series wormhole effect practically the same as the Stargate Movie wormhole? The movie was made in 1994 one year before Sliders started.
            Yet another reason which proves the producers of Sliders are seriously doped up on somethin. I think i wanna ask Bruce from Rainmaker what he thinks about that at the next convention.

Comment

I loved sliders as a kid, and have seen the first 2 seasons, and bits and peices of 3+4 i think. It was a great show, with good actors. Its a pity they stuffed it up in the later seasons, and blamed the cast replacements on making the show more sexy for a teenage audience.
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

So I started watching some old episodes of Sliders lately. I thought was kind of neat when I realized a young Gary Jones appeared in a few episodes....and then I got to episode 7 and what do I see but a Prior of the Ori talking to Professor Arturo. Kind of weird.

Yeah, I know this is probably not worthy of posting, but it's 12:30 am so what the hey...

Comment

Does anyone know if they will ever release the 4th or 5th seasons of Sliders on dvd? I've searched the internet many times and can never find anything about it.
                  : There's a man... He's bald and wears a short-sleeved shirt, and somehow he's very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

: D'oh! I forgot to tape The Simpsons.
                  : (Gives O'Neill a weird look)
                  : It's important to me.

Comment

dont know but i loved sliders

Comment

Theres been no word about a Season 4 or 5 set as far as I know.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Why would you ever want those ****ty seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                          Why would you ever want those ****ty seasons.
                          Never saw how the story ended. I didn't have Sci-fi back then.
                          : There's a man... He's bald and wears a short-sleeved shirt, and somehow he's very important to me. I think his name is Homer.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal'c
                            Never saw how the story ended. I didn't have Sci-fi back then.

Oh god, it ended when the Professor died.

It has one of the worst endings ever and season 5 is horrible. Hell horrible is too nice of a thing to say.

Comment

It has one of the worst endings ever and season 5 is horrible.
                              I agree, Season 5 was trash but Season 4 wasn't too bad.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

It has one of the worst endings ever and season 5 is horrible. Hell horrible is too nice of a thing to say.
                                That's what I heard but I figured I'd give it a chance. As long as the dvd's come at a cheap price.

Comment

Working...
                                X