"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rent the last 2 seasons.

Season 4 is at least watchable if you think of it as a different show. Season 5 is just horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
      Just rent the last 2 seasons.

Season 4 is at least watchable if you think of it as a different show. Season 5 is just horrible.
      Are the last two seasons available on VHS? B/c I just checked and Seasons 4 and 5 are not out on DVD with no word of a release date.

Comment

Oops...

No, that's not what I ment.

When seasons 4 and 5 come out on DVD (they should sometime in the future) just rent the DVDs thruogh Netflix or something.

Comment

I remember watching these in high school. Such a great concept and then I just stopped. I have been meaning to rent the DVD of the show sometime.

Comment

Season Five was the worst, they killed off the two main characters in the first episode, and brought in two people to tag along till the end, and still nothings resolved by the last episode.

Your just left wondering what happened to them all.
            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Been watching Season Two lately and decided that "Hey, theres no Sliders thread here. I'll make one." Come on, I know you guys are out there.

Note that most of the appreciation here will most likely stem off of Pre-"The Exodus" but if you liked Season Four and Five, I certainly won't hold it againist you.

I just loved the idea behind this show. Alternate realities. Same person, different worlds. Great stuff. Real shame Fox had to be idiots again and throw Tracy Torme out of the loop (who already wasn't getting the creative control he wanted) and fire John Rhys-Davies.

Discuss.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I used to watch that show.

IMO, I think that the Ancients should've had something like that. A personal wormhole generator without a gate.
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Man I loved this show! Just wasn't the same after the professor left though, even though I still watched and quite enjoyed it. I haven't seen any eps without the Mallory(sp?) bros, but can imagine that it would have been weird...Did Rembrant end up getting home in the end?

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                  Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                  Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
                    I haven't seen any eps without the Mallory(sp?) bros, but can imagine that it would have been weird...Did Rembrant end up getting home in the end?
                    Your lucky, Season 5 was really...really bad. And yes, he did in the "Series Finale" cause the Kromagg had invaded Earth Prime (our Earth) so he injected himself with some sort of virus and slid home so he could combat them. Thats how the series ended. There, now you can save yourself from watching Season 5.
                    sigpic

Comment

lol, excellent. So what, they didn't resolve earth prime being under attack? Or are we just to assume Remmy wins cause he's so cool

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
                        lol, excellent. So what, they didn't resolve earth prime being under attack? Or are we just to assume Remmy wins cause he's so cool
                        The series finale was still a cliffhanger in a way as the producers had hoped that because they made it a cliffhanger, fans would rally for a sixth season. Thing is...they didn't.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ive seen all of seasons 1+2, and bits of season 3. I quite liked 1 and 2. Classic Sci-fi
                          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                            Ive seen all of seasons 1+2, and bits of season 3. I quite liked 1 and 2. Classic Sci-fi
                            Seasons 1 and 2 are the best really. The first half of Season 3 was alright but after that, it all sorta went downhill.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think they should bring it back and make season 4 and 5 a different Earth and we only thought it was ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                                I think they should bring it back and make season 4 and 5 a different Earth and we only thought it was ours.

Well if you wanted to get technical it possible that in season 4 and 5 we were watching alternate versions as Maggie became a brunette and more likeable, Quinn turned out to be from Kromagg prime, the Kromaggs became Nazis instead of evolved apes, Remmy shaved his mustache and Quinn had a long lost brother and different parents. Although you could also apply this to season 3 as we saw Wade become a red-head and The Professor became more grumpy. lol. Anywhoo I loved Sliders. There was talk a few years ago about making a movie with the original 4, but unfortunatly it didnt happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X