"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

I was bored so I decided to start this thread. Sliders was a great show, but all everyone seems to talk about in here is Star Trek or Andromeda. So here we can all talk about Sliders. Season One was the best IMO, the first few episodes especially. What does eveyone else think? Just ramble on about Sliders

I caught random episodes of it - it was pretty good

What happened in the end?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

It was pretty good but once Wade & the professor left it was the beginning of the end. It had already begun to grow stale. They should have followed the Voyager route and let the poor fools go home. None of this stupid cro-mag nonsense. It wrecked a perfectly good series.
      Another case of desperate people trying to continue a series with almost none of the original stars. It doesn't work. Bad bad idea.

I keep the warm memories of the first few season in my head and try to forget everything after that.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

So in other words they never got home
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

the first two years (shot in vancouver) was pretty good, but the Fox network idiots kept on interfering, and for the third season they put a moron in charge (who's attitude is: "It's an alternate reality, who cares?"), and we get dragons, robots,... Also the creator of the series left after the first few eps. Then TIIC fire the professor because he criticised them to much. Then Fox cancelled it, and it moved to SciFi. Wade left because she couldn't stand the new girl. The idiotic showrunner stayed, and brought all the cromagg/brother crap. A year later Quinn and his brother left, and the only original actor was rembrant (the black guy)

Comment

oops, sorry Quasim
            Didn't mean to spoil you.

But you can rest assured that if you'd watched every episode from the beginning you'd have quit watching long before they finally cancelled the crap that was left of the series.

Besides... thats not exactly true that they didn't get home.... just not in the Voyager sense of going home end of the series, point accomplished etc.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              So in other words they never got home
              rembrandt got home in the very last episode, but we dont see it, we just see him jump into the vortex

Comment

Sliders was (and still is) one of my favorite shows. The first 2 seasons were awesome, but season 3 was hit or miss and most of them were movie-rip off worlds instead of parrall earths. It was already said that Fox and David Peckinpah (the moron) ruined it. Season 3 really got bad after John Rhys-Davies (Arturo) was fired from the show. Sabrina Lloyd (Wade) was really PO about this, as she and John had become good friends, and hated and fought with Kari Wuhrer, Davies replacement. Sabrina eventally left the show before season 4 started, reportly making Peckinpah choose between her or Kari. Peckinpah also punished Sabrina by sending Wade to a Krommagg breeder camp. Sabrina eventally did return in season 5, though only as a voiceover and as a favor to Cleveant Derricks. (Remmy)

Season 4 was okay, but the whole Krommagg, Quinn being from the Krommagg Earth Prime, Colin storyline made no sense at all. Originally, the idea for season four was that the final episode of the season would show the Sliders reaching Kromagg Prime, only to learn that Colin was a genetically enhanced clone made to betray the group and open a door for the Kromaggs to invade their home world. This was dropped due to episode "Lipschitz Live", in which a double of Colin appeared; the reasoning for this was that the creative staff didn't think a once-off clone could have a parallel universe duplicate.

Season 5 was absolutely terrible. Jerry O'Connell was the only thing keep the show together and when he left it really showed. I do however give credit to Cleveant Derricks (Remmy) for staying with the show as long as he did.

So yeah, I'm a Sliders Fan!

What if you found a portal to a parallel universe? What if you could Slide into a thousand different worlds? Where it's the same year, and you're the same person, but everything else is different. And what if you can't find your way home?

SLIDERS

Comment

Ah Sliders...

The last episode I saw of that was where they thought that they'd set the sliding device to their homeworld coordinates... Everyone except Quinn and some woman went through, then the wormhole closed and they tried again and ended up somwhere else... I never knew what happened after that. I wish i'd seen it.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

That was finale of season 3 - also last of mine.

Comment

Series 3 finale eh? So anyone care to clue me in on what exactly happened next? Pretty please?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I loved Sliders (at least at first). When the professor and Wade left, it was a long, painful ride downhill that I didn't stay very long for. The 4 main characters had a great balance that made the show work, not to mention the writing was much better then. My fav episodes were 1. the one where Quinn helps a younger version of himself and 2. the tornado one (the Stand by Me handshake was just nifty).
                        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Daniel: Oh! You see?
                        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Season 1 & 2 were awesome. Some of the best sci-fi ever. Season 3 was very hit or miss, with Season 4 starting to pick back up. Season 5 was just way to ridiculous to watch. I made it through the first 2 or 3 episodes.
                          sigpic

Comment

I still think if they'd of kept Quinn the show would have survived, If they ever wanted to bring it back the frist they theyd have to do is bring back Quinn
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I watched it when they had marathons on Scifi, It's not in the top ten of my favorite shows, but I think it's in my top 20 or just outside
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X