"Sliders" Discussion /Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh Sliders...what a classic.
    Its the sole reason I am slightly obsessed with Jerry O'Connell these days, and that I rarely ever call him by his real name, im all "Omg! Thats QUIN!" whenever I see him in a different show.

I actually saw an episode of Sliders the other day for the first time in like 5? years. It was the ep where Carson Bekket is in it for like a few minutes as a police officer.

It twas quite a trip down memory lane.

The things I remember most are The Maggots, Wade being taken to a Maggot Farm (I think thats what happened when the actor left the show), some guy in a wheelchair, some guy eating eyeballs. And who can forget the most controversial thing ever: REPLACING Jerry O'Connell with some other fellow and trying to use the excuse that he was just another Quin with a slightly different appearance. Um hello, people? It doesnt work that way unless its Doctor Who...lol

I do miss this show, I hinted to my mum the other day that I'd quite like it on dvd for Xmas. I *think* she took notice, or she just agreed with me to make me shutup. Haha.

AND thats all I've got for now.

Stars with gates are cool...
    "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

Maggots? You mean the Kromagg right? Yeah, she was taken to a Kromagg farm to be tested upon, raped, etc. How very nice of the writers...oh yeah, she'd wanna come back after they did THAT.

Ugh, I just accept that Season 4 and 5 aren't canon. I do sadly accept The Exodus (as crappy as it was) as canon because theres a good chance that it wasn't our professor that died (cause of what happened in "Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome").
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
        Maggots? You mean the Kromagg right? Yeah, she was taken to a Kromagg farm to be tested upon, raped, etc. How very nice of the writers...oh yeah, she'd wanna come back after they did THAT.
        Haha, yeh sorry, like I said I havnt watched it in years, and I thought I remembered them being nicknamed 'maggots' at some point? lol. Oh well.

Comment

I really wish they'd put sliders back on...Aussie Tv stations arent the best for Sci-fi though...I caught most of my sliders eps during Chistmas holidays a while back when TV1,a cable channel, put it on. Alas, they bought season 4 I think it is, the one diectly after The Exodus, and have only played through that in the brief reappearences it makes in the near midnight sci-fi slot...Over and over again...at least three times now...I can only hope theyll start it from the beginning again...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
          Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
          Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky
            ...Aussie Tv stations arent the best for Sci-fi though...
            Understatment of the year. Man I hate aussie tv...they have a thing against sci-fi. The number of sci-fi shows they have screwed around with...bah *sighs*

Comment

OOOOh yeah, don't get me started on Aussie networks...ESP 7...but, to it's credit, TV1 does a damn good job airing sci-fi shows and movies, compared to the other networks at least. Which is why I'm remiaing hopeful that sliders wil soon return.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
              Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
              Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Jerry O'Connell is a jaxkass. Everytime I see him on TV he's being a rude snotty *****. He won't do Sliders without his lame ass brother that can't act either.

Comment

With the current serialized format of many TV shows, if a new version of Sliders was put on and adopted it, I believe it would be very successful. The downfall of that show was the Kromaggs and without a desire for more action they wouldn't be necessary.

Comment

Go here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35168
                    sigpic

Comment

I posted this to another thread but was directed here.

With the current serialized format of many TV shows, if a new version of Sliders was put on and adopted it, I believe it would be very successful. The downfall of that show was the Kromaggs and without a desire for more action they wouldn't be necessary.

Comment

Yep, I found the Kromaggs and this need for a "bad guy" in the show to be one of the show's mistakes. Fox undoubtablely pressured the writers into it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          Yep, I found the Kromaggs and this need for a "bad guy" in the show to be one of the show's mistakes. Fox undoubtablely pressured the writers into it.
                          Actually there was only one episode that had the Kromaggs in it while Sliders was on FOX. That episode was "Invasion". It wasn't until FOX canceled the show and SCI-FI picked it up that the Kromaggs became the recurring villians. Plus on top of that the Kromaggs were given a radical make-over into "more conventional" villians and didn't resemble the evolved Ape Kromaggs we met in "Invasion". If Fox pushed for a villian that would have been more in season 3 with Colonel Rickman.

Comment

Man, Sliders is old school. I remember watching it when it was first run, on Saturday afternoons, when I was around 12-ish. That show was so bad, but I enjoyed it. I've gotten my hands on seasons 1 - 4, and I'm slowly making my way through.

Jerry O'Connell was (and still is) a cutie, even if he's an a** in real life.
                            sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

I just watched an episode of Sliders again last week, hadn´t seen any episode since they aired on TV. It was a good episode and made me remember why I watched this series in the first place.

Comment

Oh the good old days back in the day of Bill clinton and the Conservatives aka John major in power here in the UK wow i used to love this show, still do of course and will probably buy the DVDs to feel nastalgic for a while, was such a good show.

Some of the episodes that always stuck with me and popped up again whenever i watched "Armageddon" and all those movies was the episode with the Asteroid on it's way to earth, i liked the way each Earth had it's own problems and it's highs and good points, another i think was in season 3 where the group go to a rondom Earth and some or one of them begins to sufforcate becuase the air on the planet is not what they are used to or something.

I'm really thinking hard here to remember all the good episodes that stuck with me before i hit the hard times and stopped watching it
                                For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
                                X