Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Sliders on dvd?

Just rent the last 2 seasons.

Season 4 is at least watchable if you think of it as a different show. Season 5 is just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo
    Just rent the last 2 seasons.

Season 4 is at least watchable if you think of it as a different show. Season 5 is just horrible.
    Are the last two seasons available on VHS? B/c I just checked and Seasons 4 and 5 are not out on DVD with no word of a release date.

Oops...

No, that's not what I ment.

When seasons 4 and 5 come out on DVD (they should sometime in the future) just rent the DVDs thruogh Netflix or something.

I remember watching these in high school. Such a great concept and then I just stopped. I have been meaning to rent the DVD of the show sometime.

Season Five was the worst, they killed off the two main characters in the first episode, and brought in two people to tag along till the end, and still nothings resolved by the last episode.

Your just left wondering what happened to them all.
    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Default Sliders Appreciation Thread

Been watching Season Two lately and decided that "Hey, theres no Sliders thread here. I'll make one." Come on, I know you guys are out there.

Note that most of the appreciation here will most likely stem off of Pre-"The Exodus" but if you liked Season Four and Five, I certainly won't hold it againist you.

I just loved the idea behind this show. Alternate realities. Same person, different worlds. Great stuff. Real shame Fox had to be idiots again and throw Tracy Torme out of the loop (who already wasn't getting the creative control he wanted) and fire John Rhys-Davies.

Discuss.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Arrow Re: Sliders Appreciation Thread

I used to watch that show.

IMO, I think that the Ancients should've had something like that. A personal wormhole generator without a gate.

Default Re: Sliders Appreciation Thread

Man I loved this show! Just wasn't the same after the professor left though, even though I still watched and quite enjoyed it. I haven't seen any eps without the Mallory(sp?) bros, but can imagine that it would have been weird...Did Rembrant end up getting home in the end?

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Quote Originally Posted by Frinky
    I haven't seen any eps without the Mallory(sp?) bros, but can imagine that it would have been weird...Did Rembrant end up getting home in the end?
    Your lucky, Season 5 was really...really bad. And yes, he did in the "Series Finale" cause the Kromagg had invaded Earth Prime (our Earth) so he injected himself with some sort of virus and slid home so he could combat them. Thats how the series ended. There, now you can save yourself from watching Season 5.

lol, excellent. So what, they didn't resolve earth prime being under attack? Or are we just to assume Remmy wins cause he's so cool

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"

lol, excellent. So what, they didn't resolve earth prime being under attack? Or are we just to assume Remmy wins cause he's so cool
    The series finale was still a cliffhanger in a way as the producers had hoped that because they made it a cliffhanger, fans would rally for a sixth season. Thing is...they didn't.

Ive seen all of seasons 1+2, and bits of season 3. I quite liked 1 and 2. Classic Sci-fi
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6181/mbeddiene8.jpg[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Quote Originally Posted by MB.Eddie
    Ive seen all of seasons 1+2, and bits of season 3. I quite liked 1 and 2. Classic Sci-fi
    Seasons 1 and 2 are the best really. The first half of Season 3 was alright but after that, it all sorta went downhill.

I think they should bring it back and make season 4 and 5 a different Earth and we only thought it was ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo
    I think they should bring it back and make season 4 and 5 a different Earth and we only thought it was ours.

Well if you wanted to get technical it possible that in season 4 and 5 we were watching alternate versions as Maggie became a brunette and more likeable, Quinn turned out to be from Kromagg prime, the Kromaggs became Nazis instead of evolved apes, Remmy shaved his mustache and Quinn had a long lost brother and different parents. Although you could also apply this to season 3 as we saw Wade become a red-head and The Professor became more grumpy. lol. Anywhoo I loved Sliders. There was talk a few years ago about making a movie with the original 4, but unfortunatly it didnt happen.

Ahhh Sliders...what a classic.
    Its the sole reason I am slightly obsessed with Jerry O'Connell these days, and that I rarely ever call him by his real name, im all "Omg! Thats QUIN!" whenever I see him in a different show.

I actually saw an episode of Sliders the other day for the first time in like 5? years. It was the ep where Carson Bekket is in it for like a few minutes as a police officer.

It twas quite a trip down memory lane.

The things I remember most are The Maggots, Wade being taken to a Maggot Farm (I think thats what happened when the actor left the show), some guy in a wheelchair, some guy eating eyeballs. And who can forget the most controversial thing ever: REPLACING Jerry O'Connell with some other fellow and trying to use the excuse that he was just another Quin with a slightly different appearance. Um hello, people? It doesnt work that way unless its Doctor Who...lol

I do miss this show, I hinted to my mum the other day that I'd quite like it on dvd for Xmas. I *think* she took notice, or she just agreed with me to make me shutup. Haha.

AND thats all I've got for now.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eeper/sig2.jpg

Stars with gates are cool...
    "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Maggots? You mean the Kromagg right? Yeah, she was taken to a Kromagg farm to be tested upon, raped, etc. How very nice of the writers...oh yeah, she'd wanna come back after they did THAT.

Ugh, I just accept that Season 4 and 5 aren't canon. I do sadly accept The Exodus (as crappy as it was) as canon because theres a good chance that it wasn't our professor that died (cause of what happened in "Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome").

Quote Originally Posted by Descent
    Maggots? You mean the Kromagg right? Yeah, she was taken to a Kromagg farm to be tested upon, raped, etc. How very nice of the writers...oh yeah, she'd wanna come back after they did THAT.
    Haha, yeh sorry, like I said I havnt watched it in years, and I thought I remembered them being nicknamed 'maggots' at some point? lol. Oh well.

I really wish they'd put sliders back on...Aussie Tv stations arent the best for Sci-fi though...I caught most of my sliders eps during Chistmas holidays a while back when TV1,a cable channel, put it on. Alas, they bought season 4 I think it is, the one diectly after The Exodus, and have only played through that in the brief reappearences it makes in the near midnight sci-fi slot...Over and over again...at least three times now...I can only hope theyll start it from the beginning again...

...Aussie Tv stations arent the best for Sci-fi though...
    Understatment of the year. Man I hate aussie tv...they have a thing against sci-fi. The number of sci-fi shows they have screwed around with...bah *sighs*