X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taping "Threshold" or "Stargate"?

Hi,

Are you going to tape "Threshold" and watch Stargate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica, or the other way around?

I'm not going to tape "Threshold" , I'm not that really interested in it. I'm more looking forward to SG1 two episodes. Battlestar looks good, too. So I'll be watching the Sci Fi channel tomorrow night!
    Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

whats this about threshold
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I don't really care about "Threshold"
        I'm going to watch SciFi Friday
        sigpic

Comment

"Threshold" is the new sci-fi show on CBS that will air from 9 to 11 pm on Friday. This show is the reason that two Stargate SG-1 episodes will air on Friday. Sci-Fi channel is hoping that Stargate SG-1 will keep viewers from switching channels to check out the new show. They apparently didn't think the prospect of a new Stargate Atlantis episode would hold the viewers.Since I think most people have VCRs or DVRs, the scheduling change seems irrelevant.

The current TV Guide has an article on the fact that the broadcast stations are all trying out new Sci-Fi shows. It will be interesting to see how the Sci-Fi station will fare with this competition.

Comment

Originally posted by fan457
            "Threshold" is the new sci-fi show on CBS that will air from 9 to 11 pm on Friday. This show is the reason that two Stargate SG-1 episodes will air on Friday. Sci-Fi channel is hoping that Stargate SG-1 will keep viewers from switching channels to check out the new show. They apparently didn't think the prospect of a new Stargate Atlantis episode would hold the viewers.Since I think most people have VCRs or DVRs, the scheduling change seems irrelevant.

The current TV Guide has an article on the fact that the broadcast stations are all trying out new Sci-Fi shows. It will be interesting to see how the Sci-Fi station will fare with this competition.
            Its not that Atlantis wouldn't hold viewers but what would the average viewer choose the second last episodes of the stargates (which are both stand alone eps) or the Premiere of a new show.

By showing the stargates seperatly Sci Fi creates 2 weeks of finales to compete with the upcoming Autumn line up on larger channels
            sigpic

Comment

By showing almost the entire first half of the seasons of all three Friday Sci-Fi shows in the summer, the Sci-Fi channel hardly has any competition. But the second half of the season will air in direct competition with these new sci-fi shows as well as the rest of the broadcast shows. Friday has been a pretty safe day in general from competition (it's a throw-away day for the other channels: if your show is scheduled for Fridays it's pretty much a goner from the beginning. Only Saturday evening is worse.) But with CBS trying a sci-fi show on Fridays I think the battle lines may be drawn.
              "Threshold" also has Brent Spiner of STNG, which is guaranteed to draw in some Trek fans.

Comment

I know I'm sticking with Sci-Fi Friday and SG-1 all the way. I may check out this "Threshold" if I hear a good buzz about it, but never at the expense of missing sg-1.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                X