No announcement yet.

Prodigy (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very charming General Ryan - nice idea to put him in there.
    Good ep, some fun and nice little sparky creatures with great power.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      I didn't like Hailey either but I think that was the point. She is playing the stuck up know it all that thinks she is smarter than everyone. We aren't suppose to like her. I dug the episode just wish we found out who was right in the end. Would have been fun to have a bunch of fairies as allies.
      It is a pity they never explored those aliens again.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        It is a pity they never explored those aliens again.
        Don't we see them in an Atlantis episode? "The Defiant One" I think, that's a really good episode too.

Comment

I think they are different light aliens
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Same looking, but imo different beasties..

Comment

The Atlantis ones were better I think. More fun to play with.

Comment

Since these aliens attacked and nobody knew why it would have been very risky to try to communicate with them to convince them you are harmless - eps about beasty lights, I don't know, not very promising to me.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

This still applies, including the continuity error, which I cannot unsee.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  General Ryan turning O'Neill in a bubbling idiot... fun to watch.

"Sir. Sirs... Si... both of you."

From the extra's I learned that Don S. Davis was more nervous than the General, who was more at ease than everyone else on the set.

Hailey -- okay, too bad we only get see her once more and the not a peep. Too bad.

Those damn scientists...

Buzzing energy beings... they were cute, at first, and then not so much.

Continuity error: when Carter and Hailey step through the gate at the SGC, Jennifer is standing on the left side of Sam from our POV, but when they walk through on the other side, they have switched places.
                  And it has been established that the energy beings are being re-used in The Defiant One, at least the CGI is and the sound effects. They don't get all "kill the human" there, though they do help tag a Wraith.

How would you rate SG-1's "Prodigy?"

Excellent
                  Good
                  Fair -- again, I'm the only one apparently to vote Fair.
                  Poor
                  Terrible

+++++

3-episode quiz: The Light, Prodigy & Entity

Jigsaw puzzle: Prodigy
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 09 June 2018, 03:45 AM.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I quite like this episode for the fact of seeing the Air Force Academy. I always liked the Hailey character so its a shame we don't see more of her. The energy creatures were interesting but its obvious they were used for the Carter and Hailey dynamic and teaching Hailey a thing about command. I will give it a good with 6 minutes 54 seconds
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

They should have brought Hailey back more often, or at least have checked in with her more often.

I'm clocking in at 7:15.

Comment

9:47

I thought this was a good episode. I like Cadet Hailey with the big chip on her shoulder. I loved that General Ryan made an appearance on the show!

Scientists really need to listen to Jack.

Comment

It was a good episode dealing with decisions of command, and I liked how it compared Hailey/Sam to Jack/scientist.
                          I also liked that the scientist, although a jerk, was delighted when he first saw the Tinkerbads. he was a rounded character.
                          As for Hailey, she was bratty and had an attitude. I doubted she would last in the military long, and Sam having it out with her showed Sam's dedication and bearing as an officer. It was a good episode for her.
                          I did think Hailey seemed very short. She looked more like a child. Hard to believe she broke someone's nose.
                          Also, having been in the military, the actress had a lousy salute. Someone should have worked with her. I noticed in the audio De Louis also wanted to keep Hailey and Sam from wearing hats...he kept calling them 'Taco Bell hats.' Well they're overseas caps, and I thought they should have worn them, but I'm the old soldier.
                          I must be the only one who didn't like the opening scene with the general. I know Jack O'Neill is a character, and we want funny dialogue, but a colonel would be much more in control and on top. Jack looked like a dork. Stands out in a series that usually keeps the military format.
                          Also, I hope they would go back to that world. SGC seems to abandon a lot of gear and lose all kinds of equipment off world...the losses alone would make a lot of pols want to shut it down.
                          I agree Hailey could have been used in other episodes. She was obnoxious, but it was good obnoxious.
                          Some brilliant minds can't cut military discipline. Edgar Alan Poe and Whistler both went to West Point, and later resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by altair View Post
                            I doubted she would last in the military long,...
                            Could be a spoiler if you're only now watching the show but... with regards to Lt. Hailey...

Spoiler:
                            ...she will continue at the academy because we'll see her again a season later as part of a training team, training to join the SGC and they all pass their test.

I did think Hailey seemed very short. She looked more like a child. Hard to believe she broke someone's nose.
                            Length has little to with strength... Use your opponents strength against them. And also, to the opponent, never underestimate the woman out to get you.

Also, having been in the military, the actress had a lousy salute. Someone should have worked with her.
                            Ah, when you know the real deal, fiction can make you cringe.

I must be the only one who didn't like the opening scene with the general. I know Jack O'Neill is a character, and we want funny dialogue, but a colonel would be much more in control and on top. Jack looked like a dork. Stands out in a series that usually keeps the military format.
                            Considering General Ryan told Don Davis that he knew Colonel's worse than Jack -- I think it's not too much of a stretch.

Also, I hope they would go back to that world. SGC seems to abandon a lot of gear and lose all kinds of equipment off world...the losses alone would make a lot of pols want to shut it down.
                            Great to know I'm not the only one to notice how much gear they always loose or leave behind.

Comment

It was a good episode dealing with decisions of command, and I liked how it compared Hailey/Sam to Jack/scientist.
                              I also liked that the scientist, although a jerk, was delighted when he first saw the Tinkerbads. he was a rounded character.
                              As for Hailey, she was bratty and had an attitude. I doubted she would last in the military long, and Sam having it out with her showed Sam's dedication and bearing as an officer. It was a good episode for her.
                              Also, having been in the military, the actress had a lousy salute. Someone should have worked with her. I noticed in the audio De Louis also wanted to keep Hailey and Sam from wearing hats...he kept calling them 'Taco Bell hats.' Well they're overseas caps, and I thought they should have worn them, but I'm the old soldier.
                              I agree Hailey could have been used in other episodes. She was obnoxious, but it was good obnoxious.
                              Some brilliant minds can't cut military discipline. Edgar Alan Poe and Whistler both went to West Point, and later resigned.

Tinkerbads-- what a great name!

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

I've always liked Hailey, even though she was, indeed, a brat. But she stood up for her fellow cadet(s) when she felt she needed to. If the character was a guy, he probably would have been applauded for assaulting somebody else (even though punished for it) in trying to protect a fellow cadet. She did mellow, though, later in the episode, even though she still challenged Sam a bit at the end. After she realized what was out "there" for her to be a part of in the universe, that "stick up her butt" attitude faded a lot and she became more likable. I wish she had made a few more return appearances, besides just the one. She made quite a few appearances in fanfiction stories, which I liked.

Comment

Working...
                                X