No announcement yet.

Prodigy (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ep was good for basically showing us that there is someone who is even smarter than Sam and she is younger.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Really hated Haley in the beginning. She wasn't so bad at the end though. Highlight of the episode for me was Teal'c zatting Jack. Priceless.
      "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

I thought Hailey was still annoying at the end of the episode. It was a complete character change for her in Proving Ground, where she seemed like a normal, nice human being.
        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Well alot can change over a short period of time.
          sigpic

Comment

True. It's inevitable that she's still going to have that chip on her shoulder at the end of the ep - after all, she's just had a very brief taste of what her potential future could be in the USAF so the dust is still settling a bit.

Now that she's got something to aim at that is sufficiently challenging to a youngster of her intellect, I suspect changes will be pretty rapid. After all, the one thing she isn't going to want to do now is get herself chucked out of the Academy over something stupid (like breaking someone's nose!)and deny herself a place on the Stargate Programme.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah personally i liked the one where they had the test at the SGC with her that was a great episode

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr View Post
                I wonder if Haily was right at the end, anyone wonder as well?
                That would put a 'sticker'; in sams butt..

As to me. while it was a good ep it was not great... Also, i wonder why they 'made it' a female who was the smart one.. like carter. It seems to me, they are always 'down playing the males' in that regard - felger, dr lee, heck even rodney.

Comment

That's an interesting point - it does seem to end up being that way a lot of the time. Very few of the male scientists we have seen in or around the SGC have been either as brainy as or (if they are equivalent in the intellectual stakes) well adjusted or 'grown up' as Sam!

Mind you, Hailey has her own problems here. She's childish, resentful, self-righteously arrogant and quite unwilling to accept responsibility for her own behaviour. Before she does anything else, she really does need to grow up a bit herself.

The 'why couldn't Hailey have been male' question is one that I have been sitting here for an hour trying construct a reply to that doesn't seem contrived or overly simplistic. There's the 'Sam sees shades of herself in Hailey' argument, I suppose, or the 'wouldn't we just assume that a male Hailey's resentment is down to his being unable to handle the fact that there's a woman who is cleverer than him?' argument.

Put simply? I dunno.

Kept me occupied over my lunchtime sarnies, though...
                  sigpic

Comment

To Bill or not to Bill...

I was watching this the other day and realised - "hey! it's Dr Bill Lee!!!" But then I was mightily confused as a scientist named "Bill" bought it from the KILLER MOSQUITOS and no one addressed Bill Dow's character to his face. After another couple of watchings, I discerned that the "Dr Lee" who built the shield thingy was in fact Bill Dow's character.

However, his first name was not mentioned...so in hindsight on that moon there were two Bills - Bill Thompson and Bill Lee. I know this may sound really stupid to some people but it was...somewhat...fun...to discover.

PS: I love this episode. ^_^

Comment

Here's the clip (on youtube) of the DVD commentary with them singing the Stargate themesong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqDE8kocoTI

Comment

Down through the years, i never watched any stargate at all.
                        I dunno, just never got into it, and the channels here in Ireland rarely aired the show.
                        but now Iv got all 10 seasons of SG-1 and all 4 seasons of Atlantis and am going to watch them all in order.
                        I started about a month ago, and the latest episode Iv watched (this morning) was this one, again another class episode.
                        Iv got a long way to go yet and I'm absolutely addicted!!
                        and also intend on watching the two movies, trailer of continuum looks class and am already interest about Stargate Universe, it sounds good even though they havent started making it yet.....

Comment

That was very cool that General Ryan, came onto the show, I didn't know that it was the real general Ryan until today which was my third or forth time seeing it. I didn't care for Jennifer Hailey very much, there was something about her that was kind of annoying. On the other hand theres something about Major Griff that I really like, it's a shame he was only in this episode for a few moments. We also meet Dr. Lee for the first time and even though he isn't in his normal character that we will meet later, it's fun to look back. In general this episode was rather flat, there just wasn't enough storyline and way too many secondhand characters.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                            On the other hand theres something about Major Griff that I really like, it's a shame he was only in this episode for a few moments.
                            He was like the new Colonel Makepeace, except Griff didn't turn out to be an NID agent...
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Sam found her mini-me.

Rating: 4/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/prodigy.html
                              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by StargateSG8 View Post
                                Down through the years, i never watched any stargate at all.
                                I dunno, just never got into it, and the channels here in Ireland rarely aired the show.
                                but now Iv got all 10 seasons of SG-1 and all 4 seasons of Atlantis and am going to watch them all in order.
                                I started about a month ago, and the latest episode Iv watched (this morning) was this one, again another class episode.
                                Iv got a long way to go yet and I'm absolutely addicted!!
                                and also intend on watching the two movies, trailer of continuum looks class and am already interest about Stargate Universe, it sounds good even though they havent started making it yet.....
                                oi! i'm the same! i only started last month also. but i only have the complete sg1 and the ark of truth. i haven't bought continuum yet. i have finished up to season 7. just started season 8. i'm not sure if i'll like atlantis since jack is not there.

regarding this episode, haley annoyed me a bit. i found her arrogant. i found the academy part boring. the off-world scene is much better.

i love jack's reaction to general ryan and when he got zatted by tealc. so brave and selfless for volunteering to go out and dial the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X