Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Prodigy (419)

Chief Master Sergeant LordAnubis82's Avatar

Default Re: Prodigy (419)

i didn't think of it before but those glowing bugs are like the Ancient drone weapon. they're yellow, make a high pitch humming sound and can pass through anything.

is it possible that this is where the Ancients got the idea to create the drone weapon? they probably saw and studied this things millions of yrs ago (while in the MW Galaxy) and determined that certain energy can pass through anything. like in SG-1 s7 finale Lost City pt. 2 when they passed through Anubis' shields and ships easily. or Atlantis s3 ep No Man's Land when they detroyed a Wraith Hive Ship. or s4 ep Harmony when they (minidrones) went through the Genii.

it's just a thought.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis82 View Post
    i didn't think of it before but those glowing bugs are like the Ancient drone weapon. they're yellow, make a high pitch humming sound and can pass through anything.

is it possible that this is where the Ancients got the idea to create the drone weapon? they probably saw and studied this things millions of yrs ago (while in the MW Galaxy) and determined that certain energy can pass through anything. like in SG-1 s7 finale Lost City pt. 2 when they passed through Anubis' shields and ships easily. or Atlantis s3 ep No Man's Land when they detroyed a Wraith Hive Ship. or s4 ep Harmony when they (minidrones) went through the Genii.

it's just a thought.
    it certainly is a possibility if these creatures existed when the ancients were still thriving in our galaxy.

I have a question.Those creatures doesn't apears in SGA episode "the defiant one".Just a question.

Probie

so here I was watching this episode again and I came across something unique in the episode. When they encounter the glowing light life-forms again, where they call O'Neill and Teal'C over, the scientists stand in awe at the number of glowing lights (nobody gets hurt at this point yet). Anyway, I saw something in the background....and it turned out to be an SUV. I had to rewind and look closely in the background again to look at it at it in close detail and it was a car driving in the background.

anyone else notice this or was this already commented on and I just didn't read through the postings here.

Paul

Probie

Good eye, there was indeed a car driving in the background behind the bushes

the little cocky b***h in this episode was annoying for the most part, but other than that i enjoyed this episode alot

Not a very good episode , it had it moments but not many.

Teal'c zatting Jack was fun.

Rating : 5 / 10

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco View Post
    The real (former) AF Chief of Staff Gen. Ryan has a guest apearance in this episode.

This episode got a little slow in a few places for me, but I still enjoyed it, especially after Hailey got the chip brushed off her shoulder
    It was nice to see general Ryan in the episode. it shows how popular the show was after only 4 seasons
    Some say that he has only one ear.
    And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
    All we know is he's called

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha.Majka's Avatar

Earth Symbol Re: Prodigy (419)

I like this episode only for the look into Samīs life ( her hight school ) .. and the luminous ... somewhat... it was sweet.
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

this was a good episode i liked that sam took another under her wing

Second Lieutenant Coela Bellatore's Avatar
    The Intersection of Global Jihad & 3rd World Debt

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
    I like this episode only for the look into Samīs life ( her hight school ) .. and the luminous ... somewhat... it was sweet.
    Its at her college, the Air Force Academy. And BTW, its not actually like that. That girl would probably have been forced into a nearly endless cycle of demerits and most likely raped.
    In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
    "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Not a bad episode but the cadet was very annoying.

Lieutenant Colonel Martina Magnus's Avatar

I like this ep only becasue of Sam ... It was kinda sweet
    The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

I didn't like Hailey, but the glowing energy things were cool.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant ChulaksPrincess's Avatar

I liked the way Major Carter spoke to, and treated Jenniffer. Sam was tough, because she cared about her.

I also loved the way Teal'c stood up for Jack, telling that man that Jack was indeed qualified, and suggesting that the man do as Jack said.

While rewatching this episode, I realized what a missed opportunity it actually represents. It's sad that Hailey only returns once. She should have been a cast member on either SGA or SGU. Possibly the best guest character in all SG series, with a depth and potential unlike any other character. Though she's a *****, I really liked her. She wasn't more annoying than Rodney, anyway.
    Last edited by Heart of Light; May 25th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Light View Post
    While rewatching this episode, I realized what a missed opportunity it actually represents. It's sad that Hailey only returns once. She should have been a cast member on either SGA or SGU. Possibly the best guest character in all SG series, with a depth and potential unlike any other character. Though she's a *****, I really liked her. She wasn't less annoying than Rodney, anyway.
    I am honestly surprised they never had her on SGA or even SGU.. I think she would have done well in either.

Chief Master Sergeant LeftHandedGuitarist's Avatar

I'd forgotten how enjoyable this episode was. Hailey was an annoying character but also one that had a ton of potential and depth, so I enjoyed watching her. She portrayed the awe at first seeing the Stargate very well. Great to see Carter at the academy, but Daniel's presence is missed. The off-world story is also a good one - I'd love to have learnt more about the light bugs.

O'Neill really takes his time when dialling the gate at the end. Just get on with it! Also, first appearance of the awesome Dr. Lee!

RATING: 8 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
    I'd forgotten how enjoyable this episode was. Hailey was an annoying character but also one that had a ton of potential and depth, so I enjoyed watching her. She portrayed the awe at first seeing the Stargate very well. Great to see Carter at the academy, but Daniel's presence is missed. The off-world story is also a good one - I'd love to have learnt more about the light bugs.

O'Neill really takes his time when dialling the gate at the end. Just get on with it! Also, first appearance of the awesome Dr. Lee!
    The episode was more enjoyable than I thought it was, it's not one I re-watch often, but better than I remember it to be. I agree with you about Haley - although she is also a charcter where I wouldn't care if she came back or was never seen again, she did add something extra to the episode, bit of a change of pace and insight to the mission.

I think O'Neill went slowly, so he wouldn't pose as a threat to the bugs, they seemed to be watching him. (Also, it builds tension and all that for the sake of the show )

I just realized today that Dr. Lee made an appearance in the episode. I always thought he came into the picture much later into the show.

A solid episode.

Have you ever noticed how greatly the effects of a Zat Gun vary, depending on the needs of the storyline? In this episode, Jack shakes it off after several seconds.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast