• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prodigy (419)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 419

Carter must help keep a promising young cadet from throwing away a future at the S.G.C. O'Neill and Teal'c encounter a dangerous life form at an offworld research base.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:41 PM.

I wonder if Haily was right at the end, anyone wonder as well?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The real (former) AF Chief of Staff Gen. Ryan has a guest apearance in this episode.

This episode got a little slow in a few places for me, but I still enjoyed it, especially after Hailey got the chip brushed off her shoulder
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

At first, Haily was annoying to me, but when she reappeared in S5 as a recruit, she was a good character Those little 'glowy' things pack a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
          At first, Haily was annoying to me, but when she reappeared in S5 as a recruit, she was a good character
          Yes overall I liked Hailey a lot better in "Proving Ground"
          ~BCM =)

Comment

I did too. Hmm, i'm going to comment over on that episode...

Comment

Haha, I love the audio commentary to this on the Season 4 DVDs. Its gotta be one of my favourites. I urge anyone who has it to listen to it!
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                Haha, I love the audio commentary to this on the Season 4 DVDs. Its gotta be one of my favourites. I urge anyone who has it to listen to it!
                This wasn't one of my favourite eps of season 4 but I agree, the commentary on this ep is great.

Comment

This is the one where the sing the theme song isn't it? (it's been a while )
                  The "theme song" is a riot
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Is this the theme song with words?!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                      Is this the theme song with words?!
                      It is indeed the one with words! Once you've heard it you'll never be able to think of anything else during the opening credits, lol.
                      "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

It is indeed the one with words! Once you've heard it you'll never be able to think of anything else during the opening credits, lol.
                        You have no idea how true that is! That's got to be one of funniest things on any of the commentaries I've watched.
                        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Star.....gate... Haha, thats in my head now...

Comment

i really liked this episode, but i really loved the audio commentary.
                            and its true, i cannot hear the opening theme music without thinking of the song.

one thing though. why are the two theories mutually exclusive. carter thinks its a retalliation. hailey thinks its to do with the moon and whatnot. why can't they be angry and the moons polar whatchacallit is just agrivating it further? (forgive the lack of terminollogy, but i haven't watched this one in a while and my memory sucks)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              one thing though. why are the two theories mutually exclusive. carter thinks its a retalliation. hailey thinks its to do with the moon and whatnot. why can't they be angry and the moons polar whatchacallit is just agrivating it further? (forgive the lack of terminollogy, but i haven't watched this one in a while and my memory sucks)
                              IIRC Hailey was claiming that the lifeforms weren't sentient and therefore were only reacting to the magnetic field of the planet. Carter's theory was that they were retaliating because of what they did to the first one, thus that would mean that they were sentient.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                              X