Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
    Seriously. don't hurt me
    Nah, I am so blah at the moment. I think you are safe. I'm not the one you should worry about......

sigpic
    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
    WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      Nah, I am so blah at the moment. I think you are safe. I'm not the one you should worry about......

Who should I be worried about??
      Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
      Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Well, no one.
        sigpic
        Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Well, no one.
          Phew.

Comment

Wow, where is everyone?

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
            My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Snurchable as usual.

sigpic

Comment

Little Lemming p

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                Wow, where is everyone?
                I'm scared to say anything in case I mention a member of the opposite sex that's in the same scene with Teyla.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Little Lemming p
                  You know, I did thought of Lemming, but she hasn't been here in days.

I'm scared to say anything in case I mention a member of the opposite sex that's in the same scene with Teyla.
                  I know what you mean. Which lead to the question if we are to discuss Teyla how can we not mention the member of the opposite sex? Or how we see her relationships with the different members of the team. And what about Carson or Lorne, and even Radek. There are scenes with Teyla and these characters that I had enjoyed to some degree.

I enjoyed that scene in "Echoes" with Teyla, Kate and Weir. I also enjoyed that scene in "The Gift" with Teyla and Kate. I also enjoyed the one prior to that scene. So, I'm to be afraid to mention that I did enjoyed the scene prior to that one too. Cause it may seem that I am being shippy. That scene IMO revealed still how uncomfortable Teyla felt in Atlantis. I love that Teyla wasn't in control of her emotions. When for the most part that is all we were showed of her in the series. That is why I love that scene.

I am well aware that not everyone ship Teyla say with the person that I may ship her with. I don't usually bring in my ship preference when I am discussing Teyla. And I really don't care if other do discuss ther ship preferences. I am willing to discuss it in a friendly manner since it involves Teyla. I may not see your side. But you have your right to say it. And if you can give me a point of reference all the better. It will lead to some discussions. But to feel that I may say something and get a somewhat "******" or "*****" reply to it then why bother...

And whether Teyla and Kanaan are canon that is debatable to me...

I still would have prefer some development of this relationship. Something that was never given to us by the writers.

I just don't see a happy ending with Teyla and Kanaan. The smile was missing off her face for most of season five. I don't think Teyla got her happy ending...I can say that right.

And I still prefer to go by what I have seen on screen and not what JM have said on his blog. JM said a lot of stuff and somethings have proven not to be quite so accurate.
                  sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    Little Lemming p
                    Uh oh. *hides*

Comment

I know what you mean. Which lead to the question if we are to discuss Teyla how can we not mention the member of the opposite sex? Or how we see her relationships with the different members of the team. And what about Carson or Lorne, and even Radek. There are scenes with Teyla and these characters that I had enjoyed to some degree.

I enjoyed that scene in "Echoes" with Teyla, Kate and Weir. I also enjoyed that scene in "The Gift" with Teyla and Kate. I also enjoyed the one prior to that scene. So, I'm to be afraid to mention that I did enjoyed the scene prior to that one too. Cause it may seem that I am being shippy. That scene IMO revealed still how uncomfortable Teyla felt in Atlantis. I love that Teyla wasn't in control of her emotions. When for the most part that is all we were showed of her in the series. That is why I love that scene.

I am well aware that not everyone ship Teyla say with the person that I may ship her with. I don't usually bring in my ship preference when I am discussing Teyla. And I really don't care if other do discuss ther ship preferences. I am willing to discuss it in a friendly manner since it involves Teyla. I may not see your side. But you have your right to say it. And if you can give me a point of reference all the better. It will lead to some discussions. But to feel that I may say something and get a somewhat "******" or "*****" reply to it then why bother...

And whether Teyla and Kanaan are canon that is debatable to me...

I still would have prefer some development of this relationship. Something that was never given to us by the writers.

I just don't see a happy ending with Teyla and Kanaan. The smile was missing off her face for most of season five. I don't think Teyla got her happy ending...I can say that right.

And I still prefer to go by what I have seen on screen and not what JM have said on his blog. JM said a lot of stuff and somethings have proven not to be quite so accurate.
                      It's is a little difficult because technically talking about the people who are Teyla's friends is like talking about her. I mean how she responded to John or to Rodney is definitely different. This thread is a little complicating in that way because it's supposed to be ALL about Teyla but how do you just talk about her and not all the other people. And true there are many ships connected to Teyla so in a way I think we could maybe talk about them only if they focus on Teyla and not the other person.

Comment

It's is a little difficult because technically talking about the people who are Teyla's friends is like talking about her. I mean how she responded to John or to Rodney is definitely different. This thread is a little complicating in that way because it's supposed to be ALL about Teyla but how do you just talk about her and not all the other people. And true there are many ships connected to Teyla so in a way I think we could maybe talk about them only if they focus on Teyla and not the other person.
                        Just so a Moderator doesn't have to come in and set any major standards here I think this is the best advice overall for the thread members

Teyla is the main focus of the thread and discussion about her with any friend should showcase Teyla/Rachel rather then focus on the other person or any *ship*

Thanks for saying it better then any of us Moderators could

TameFarrar
                        GateWorld Moderator
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

To add to these words, this also means, if someone does mention Teyla and...Chuck

but you don't like Teyla and Chuck....with all due respect, get over it.

Accept others and their preferences with the tolerance you'd like extended to you.

Cause, you know, if we REALLY wanted to be pissy, since there seems to be some tension between ship perferences, we could make the extreme rule that ALL references to ANY ship should be out of the thread.

That would suck wouldn't it???

Vive le difference.

enjoy the uniqueness of individual preferences and try to accept and get along.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

WOW! Beautiful! I snurched the second one.

I agree with you here totally. I just highlighted this part to say this is what I expect of any talk.

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                            Just so a Moderator doesn't have to come in and set any major standards here I think this is the best advice overall for the thread members

Teyla is the main focus of the thread and discussion about her with any friend should showcase Teyla/Rachel rather then focus on the other person or any *ship*

TameFarrar
                            GateWorld Moderator
                            Thank you.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            To add to these words, this also means, if someone does mention Teyla and...Chuck

Accept others and their preferences with the tolerance you'd like extended to you.

Cause, you know, if we REALLY wanted to be pissy, since there seems to be some tension between ship perferences, we could make the extreme rule that ALL references to ANY ship should be out of the thread.

Vive le difference.

Thank you. And well said!
                            sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post

TameFarrar
                              GateWorld Moderator
                              Wow, thanx. I just thought it should be said.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Vive le difference.

True, I agree with you completely. However I have noticed on GateWorld that people aren't as hostile towards each other because of ship preference. Unlike say for example the fans between Clana and Clois. Now that's tragic.

Definitely though, as long as the focus is on Teyla we shouldn't have a problem with talking about a ship as long as the main focus is on Teyla.
                              Last edited by SGAFirenity; 19 December 2009, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Funny, how I heard an entirely different story...

Depends what side you're on, I guess.

Can we go back to talking Teyla/Rachel please? Cause not everyone is waiting for that ship to sail, especially since there's Kanaan and Torren, and they are very much canon whether you like that or not (just like Carson/Laura, Weir/Simon, John/ex-wife, Rodney/Jennifer, Ronon/Melena, ...).
                                Falcon, John and Teyla are canon.

The writers, the actors, the stunt coordinators, and everyone in the show including Rachel, Joe, Mallozzi and others have repeatedly commented that John and Teyla even after the whole pregnancy and Kanaan, are still very much attracted to one another. Those are not my words, those are their words. They have clearly stated that they played the roles that way. I didn't make this up.

However, you are correct in that according to what Mallozzi has stated, because it's hard to see it on screen with the lack of Teyla, never mind Kanaan, that they are in fact "settled" together, but...whether I like it that way or not, Teyla and John still have an attraction together that goes beyond friendship.

That being said, I didn't realize that this would bring about some heated discussions. I'm hardly in the threads anymore, so the last thing I want to do is cause any problems here, but hey, if it brings this thread back to life, bring it on!!

Kidding!

As for the mods, and for your comment, FH...I've always respected your comments and everyone else's in here, so please don't see this as anything more than what it is, just my opinion...I know that there are ship threads, I frequent two of them, but are you stating that no one here every discusses anything about Rachel/Teyla in regards to her relationship with others, both in and outside of the show?

How can we not talk about Rachel/Teyla's relationship with others when that's how it defines her character and her personality?

Is that what you guys are saying, that no one can comment anything about besides Teyla/Rachel, because if that's true, then we've all made comments that shouldn't have been posted.

Just my two cents.

Camy/Jeyla4ever
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X