Page 612 of 697 FirstFirst ... 112512562602609610611612613614615622662 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 13923
    The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Default Re: Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SGAFirenity View Post
    It's is a little difficult because technically talking about the people who are Teyla's friends is like talking about her. I mean how she responded to John or to Rodney is definitely different. This thread is a little complicating in that way because it's supposed to be ALL about Teyla but how do you just talk about her and not all the other people. And true there are many ships connected to Teyla so in a way I think we could maybe talk about them only if they focus on Teyla and not the other person.
    Just so a Moderator doesn't have to come in and set any major standards here I think this is the best advice overall for the thread members

Teyla is the main focus of the thread and discussion about her with any friend should showcase Teyla/Rachel rather then focus on the other person or any *ship*

Thanks for saying it better then any of us Moderators could

TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

To add to these words, this also means, if someone does mention Teyla and...Chuck

but you don't like Teyla and Chuck....with all due respect, get over it.

Accept others and their preferences with the tolerance you'd like extended to you.

Cause, you know, if we REALLY wanted to be pissy, since there seems to be some tension between ship perferences, we could make the extreme rule that ALL references to ANY ship should be out of the thread.

That would suck wouldn't it???

Vive le difference.

enjoy the uniqueness of individual preferences and try to accept and get along.

WOW! Beautiful! I snurched the second one.

It's is a little difficult because technically talking about the people who are Teyla's friends is like talking about her. I mean how she responded to John or to Rodney is definitely different. This thread is a little complicating in that way because it's supposed to be ALL about Teyla but how do you just talk about her and not all the other people. And true there are many ships connected to Teyla so in a way I think we could maybe talk about them only if they focus on Teyla and not the other person.
    I agree with you here totally. I just highlighted this part to say this is what I expect of any talk.

Quote Originally Posted by TameFarrar View Post
    Just so a Moderator doesn't have to come in and set any major standards here I think this is the best advice overall for the thread members

Teyla is the main focus of the thread and discussion about her with any friend should showcase Teyla/Rachel rather then focus on the other person or any *ship*

TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    To add to these words, this also means, if someone does mention Teyla and...Chuck

Accept others and their preferences with the tolerance you'd like extended to you.

Cause, you know, if we REALLY wanted to be pissy, since there seems to be some tension between ship perferences, we could make the extreme rule that ALL references to ANY ship should be out of the thread.

Vive le difference.

Thank you. And well said!
    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC http://www.smilescollection.com/smiles/love/sc_9108.gif& me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
    WraithLord - R.I.P.

TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Wow, thanx. I just thought it should be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post

Vive le difference.

True, I agree with you completely. However I have noticed on GateWorld that people aren't as hostile towards each other because of ship preference. Unlike say for example the fans between Clana and Clois. Now that's tragic.

Definitely though, as long as the focus is on Teyla we shouldn't have a problem with talking about a ship as long as the main focus is on Teyla.
    Last edited by SGAFirenity; December 19th, 2009 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Funny, how I heard an entirely different story...

Depends what side you're on, I guess.

Can we go back to talking Teyla/Rachel please? Cause not everyone is waiting for that ship to sail, especially since there's Kanaan and Torren, and they are very much canon whether you like that or not (just like Carson/Laura, Weir/Simon, John/ex-wife, Rodney/Jennifer, Ronon/Melena, ...).
    Falcon, John and Teyla are canon.

The writers, the actors, the stunt coordinators, and everyone in the show including Rachel, Joe, Mallozzi and others have repeatedly commented that John and Teyla even after the whole pregnancy and Kanaan, are still very much attracted to one another. Those are not my words, those are their words. They have clearly stated that they played the roles that way. I didn't make this up.

However, you are correct in that according to what Mallozzi has stated, because it's hard to see it on screen with the lack of Teyla, never mind Kanaan, that they are in fact "settled" together, but...whether I like it that way or not, Teyla and John still have an attraction together that goes beyond friendship.

That being said, I didn't realize that this would bring about some heated discussions. I'm hardly in the threads anymore, so the last thing I want to do is cause any problems here, but hey, if it brings this thread back to life, bring it on!!

Kidding!

As for the mods, and for your comment, FH...I've always respected your comments and everyone else's in here, so please don't see this as anything more than what it is, just my opinion...I know that there are ship threads, I frequent two of them, but are you stating that no one here every discusses anything about Rachel/Teyla in regards to her relationship with others, both in and outside of the show?

How can we not talk about Rachel/Teyla's relationship with others when that's how it defines her character and her personality?

Is that what you guys are saying, that no one can comment anything about besides Teyla/Rachel, because if that's true, then we've all made comments that shouldn't have been posted.

Just my two cents.

Camy/Jeyla4ever

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
    Falcon, John and Teyla are canon.

The writers, the actors, the stunt coordinators, and everyone in the show including Rachel, Joe, Mallozzi and others have repeatedly commented that John and Teyla even after the whole pregnancy and Kanaan, are still very much attracted to one another. Those are not my words, those are their words. They have clearly stated that they played the roles that way. I didn't make this up.

However, you are correct in that according to what Mallozzi has stated, because it's hard to see it on screen with the lack of Teyla, never mind Kanaan, that they are in fact "settled" together, but...whether I like it that way or not, Teyla and John still have an attraction together that goes beyond friendship.

That being said, I didn't realize that this would bring about some heated discussions. I'm hardly in the threads anymore, so the last thing I want to do is cause any problems here, but hey, if it brings this thread back to life, bring it on!!

Kidding!

As for the mods, and for your comment, FH...I've always respected your comments and everyone else's in here, so please don't see this as anything more than what it is, just my opinion...I know that there are ship threads, I frequent two of them, but are you stating that no one here every discusses anything about Rachel/Teyla in regards to her relationship with others, both in and outside of the show?

How can we not talk about Rachel/Teyla's relationship with others when that's how it defines her character and her personality?

Is that what you guys are saying, that no one can comment anything about besides Teyla/Rachel, because if that's true, then we've all made comments that shouldn't have been posted.

Just my two cents.

Camy/Jeyla4ever
    Camy,
    Lets be clear here okay
    Folks can make any comments they want regarding Teyla/Rachel with anyone -we are just making the point that Teyla/Rachel should be the focus and not the *other person or the ship*.

As for your other assertions...well on-screen action from the show is canon - not actor interviews or producer comments - so please don't assert that if someone didn't see the same thing as you or heard/read the same things as you, they *missed* something. Please keep that in the ship threads.

Thanks
    TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Hi all,

Just popping in to let everyone know we're having a Holiday Open House over at the Women of the Gate community and would love for you to stop by.

Fics, pics, icons, vids - all are welcome - new or old, festive or not. We're just celebrating the ladies!

We also have a snazzy new poll for the 2010 Ficathon and we're adding character profiles for all the ladies (Teyla's will be up by tomorrow - we're trying not to inundate the flists by posting them all today ).

You'll find the rules for posting, news on the character profiles and the new poll all efficiently included in this single entry here

Merry Christmas!

I feel like a star.../The Home of Football

As for your other assertions...well on-screen action from the show is canon - not actor interviews or producer comments - so please don't assert that if someone didn't see the same thing as you or heard/read the same things as you, they *missed* something. Please keep that in the ship threads.

Thanks
    TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Well said Tame

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel500 View Post
    Hi all,

Just popping in to let everyone know we're having a Holiday Open House over at the Women of the Gate community and would love for you to stop by.

Fics, pics, icons, vids - all are welcome - new or old, festive or not. We're just celebrating the ladies!

We also have a snazzy new poll for the 2010 Ficathon and we're adding character profiles for all the ladies (Teyla's will be up by tomorrow - we're trying not to inundate the flists by posting them all today ).

You'll find the rules for posting, news on the character profiles and the new poll all efficiently included in this single entry here

Merry Christmas!
    Cool, I shall pop by later
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...gs/CSI-sig.jpg

Camy,
    Lets be clear here okay
    Folks can make any comments they want regarding Teyla/Rachel with anyone -we are just making the point that Teyla/Rachel should be the focus and not the *other person or the ship*.

Thanks
    TameFarrar
    GateWorld Moderator
    Thank you for clarifying that, Tame. I was under the impression that my comments of John and Teyla's relationship was inappropriate for this thread.

As for my assertions, well, those are actually facts of statements made by those that wrote, created and played the character. Not my opinion. Rachel made the comment and I thought nothing of it to state it here because it is the Rachel thread. If other crew members of the show also make any comments about how the role of Teyla was played and how they wrote her to be, I thought this thread is appropriate for that as well. It's part of understanding the character in depth from the writers, directors, and actors point of view and it gives us, the viewers, a more wholesome look at the character of Teyla that we know and love.

Even what we are stating to be on screen canon can be interpreted differently by the viewer. For example, Teyla and Kanaan. Are they actually living together? How do we know that? Because we've seen Kanaan in Atlantis? How do we know that Teyla and Kanaan are a couple? She has always referred to him as the father of my son....not my boyfriend, or my lover or my husband. Besides the fact that Kanaan is the father of her son, there's nothing else on-screen that defines Teyla and Kanaan's relationship. I totally agree with Linda that this was a horrible thing for Teyla's character. We've seen all the other characters interact romantically with another character except Teyla. Teyla and Kanaan have never even kissed!!!! That is a total disgrace for Teyla's character. There's more to a relationship than having a child with someone. That's easy. Anyone can have a child, but to have a relationship, any kind of relationship, that requires more than simply one common denominator; in this case, a child.

Linda, I'm with you on this one. Teyla deserved better. I was wiling to give Kanaan a try if the guy even had a backbone. If we really want to be specific, the only thing canon about Kanaan is that he's the babysitter and father of Teyla's child. If Teyla is in a romantic relationship with Kanaan, what is she doing with the team in her off time? Why is she going to John for advice on why she should transform herself as a Wraith Queen? Where was the father of her son when both Teyla and Torren were held hostage and almost died at the hands of Michael? So, he was in New Athos, but what about after wards, there was no sign or mention of him either. Teyla was back in the hallways with a restless Torren. Wouldn't the father want to be there with them at all times at the thought that he almost lost them and he wasn't even there?

We should have seen more of her with the father of her son than simply in times when the baby was shown or simply in reference to her child. We really know very little of how Teyla reacts to and responds in romantic relationships. All we know is that according to her traditions, the man makes the first move. If we state that they are in fact a couple, there's very little if any that they are together. For all we know, Kanaan could have his own private quarters.

Season 5 was definitely not Teyla's best on-screen season. Which is why, personally, I sort of just ignore that whole season.

Any who, am I to tread lightly in this thread from now on? Should I simply not mention John and Teyla at all in here so as to avoid any problems?

Camy,
    ... Err Tame - Jeyla is not Camy. Unless her real name is Camy in which case, you may ignore me.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that, Tame. I was under the impression that my comments of John and Teyla's relationship was inappropriate for this thread.

As for my assertions, well, those are actually facts of statements made by those that wrote, created and played the character. Not my opinion. Rachel made the comment and I thought nothing of it to state it here because it is the Rachel thread. If other crew members of the show also make any comments about how the role of Teyla was played and how they wrote her to be, I thought this thread is appropriate for that as well. It's part of understanding the character in depth from the writers, directors, and actors point of view and it gives us, the viewers, a more wholesome look at the character of Teyla that we know and love.

Even what we are stating to be on screen canon can be interpreted differently by the viewer. For example, Teyla and Kanaan. Are they actually living together? How do we know that? Because we've seen Kanaan in Atlantis? How do we know that Teyla and Kanaan are a couple? She has always referred to him as the father of my son....not my boyfriend, or my lover or my husband. Besides the fact that Kanaan is the father of her son, there's nothing else on-screen that defines Teyla and Kanaan's relationship. I totally agree with Linda that this was a horrible thing for Teyla's character. We've seen all the other characters interact romantically with another character except Teyla. Teyla and Kanaan have never even kissed!!!! That is a total disgrace for Teyla's character. There's more to a relationship than having a child with someone. That's easy. Anyone can have a child, but to have a relationship, any kind of relationship, that requires more than simply one common denominator; in this case, a child.

Linda, I'm with you on this one. Teyla deserved better. I was wiling to give Kanaan a try if the guy even had a backbone. If we really want to be specific, the only thing canon about Kanaan is that he's the babysitter and father of Teyla's child. If Teyla is in a romantic relationship with Kanaan, what is she doing with the team in her off time? Why is she going to John for advice on why she should transform herself as a Wraith Queen? Where was the father of her son when both Teyla and Torren were held hostage and almost died at the hands of Michael? So, he was in New Athos, but what about after wards, there was no sign or mention of him either. Teyla was back in the hallways with a restless Torren. Wouldn't the father want to be there with them at all times at the thought that he almost lost them and he wasn't even there?

We should have seen more of her with the father of her son than simply in times when the baby was shown or simply in reference to her child. We really know very little of how Teyla reacts to and responds in romantic relationships. All we know is that according to her traditions, the man makes the first move. If we state that they are in fact a couple, there's very little if any that they are together. For all we know, Kanaan could have his own private quarters.

Season 5 was definitely not Teyla's best on-screen season. Which is why, personally, I sort of just ignore that whole season.

Any who, am I to tread lightly in this thread from now on? Should I simply not mention John and Teyla at all in here so as to avoid any problems?
    Well said Jeyla... The only thing canon about Teyla/Kanaan is that they have a child together..... we have never seen or heard either of them say that they love each other, are in a relationship together or even living together.. for all we know Teyla and Kanaan just share the responsibilies of raising a child..

I would say that in the Athosian culture this could be quite a normal thing... in fact being such a close community I could see many of Teyla's people acting as carers and babysitters and helping with the responsibility of raising children..... this is where the writers did a huge disservice to Teyla's character IMO... trying to turn her into some suburban mom and having her worry about remaining on the team or continuing to defend her people against the Wraith... I've always felt that Teyla would not change because of parenthood.... she is the leader of her people and used to living a dangerous lifestyle... if she was still on Athos would she hide away in her tent to be with her son... I dont think so.... I feel she would still want to make the world a better place for her child and carrry on as before knowing that her child would be taken care of by ANY of her people if anything happened to her...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    ... Err Tame - Jeyla is not Camy. Unless her real name is Camy in which case, you may ignore me.
    it is Camy....I had to change my username because Mr. Camy and the Camilitos were snooping around and therefore, Tame know it and change it for me when I asked her to.

Back to being Jeyla! Sorry, I did go around the threads that I frequent and stated that, maybe I didn't do it here.

Okay after 30 minutes this message will explode!

Colonel

Omg a thread about Teyla aka Rachel Luttrell...... How did I miss this?

I thought she was one of the great things to happen to Atlantis. A very beautiful addition to the cast. Plus she's an atheltic looking woman, and I find these kind of women terribly lovely to watch.

I think is my second post here. Just the time to share with you two caps from a french documentary.

Her face when she tries to speak French.

And during her little interview
    http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7295/bannireshweirprobie.gif
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Definitely though, as long as the focus is on Teyla we shouldn't have a problem with talking about a ship as long as the main focus is on Teyla.
    I agree. As long as Teyla is the focus, I don't have a problem with posters talking about ship. And, what I mean by Teyla-focus is that the emphasis should be on Teyla as an individual and not as just part of a ship.

Quote Originally Posted by bluealien View Post
    Well said Jeyla... The only thing canon about Teyla/Kanaan is that they have a child together..... we have never seen or heard either of them say that they love each other, are in a relationship together or even living together.. for all we know Teyla and Kanaan just share the responsibilies of raising a child..

I would say that in the Athosian culture this could be quite a normal thing... in fact being such a close community I could see many of Teyla's people acting as carers and babysitters and helping with the responsibility of raising children..... this is where the writers did a huge disservice to Teyla's character IMO... trying to turn her into some suburban mom and having her worry about remaining on the team or continuing to defend her people against the Wraith... I've always felt that Teyla would not change because of parenthood.... she is the leader of her people and used to living a dangerous lifestyle... if she was still on Athos would she hide away in her tent to be with her son... I dont think so.... I feel she would still want to make the world a better place for her child and carrry on as before knowing that her child would be taken care of by ANY of her people if anything happened to her...
    I'm still beyond disappointed that TPTB didn't use Rachel's pregnancy as an opportunity to explore Athosian culture and give us a taste of Teyla's life before, and outside, of Atlantis. I'll admit that I wish they had never included the pregnancy in the show, however, since they were determined to do so, I was hoping that I would find out more about Teyla and the Athosian lifestyle.

Instead, they used this storyline to try to force Teyla into an out-of-character soccer mom role and to depict a bizarre, chemistry-free, out of nowhere thing that I can't even call a relationship because the writers didn't give it enough thought to even try to make it somewhat believable. Kanaan was a bland, forgettable character that brought nothing of interest to SGA and it's almost frightening that TPTB thought Teyla fans would be satisfied with this crap storyline.

It's too bad that they didn't use fanfic writers to come up with ideas for Teyla because, over the years, I've read several interesting fanfics where the authors had created their versions of Athosian culture and how they, the Athosians, dealt with relationships and procreation. In each case those non-paid writers did a much better job in creating a rich background for Teyla than SGA's writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Omg a thread about Teyla aka Rachel Luttrell...... How did I miss this?

I thought she was one of the great things to happen to Atlantis. A very beautiful addition to the cast. Plus she's an atheltic looking woman, and I find these kind of women terribly lovely to watch.
    Yep, I agree that Rachel was one of the great things about Atlantis and it was refreshing to see an athletic, graceful woman who looked like she was capable of kicking butt -- kicking butt on screen. In fact, I remember reading that originally, Teyla wasn't supposed to be a butt-kicking warrior, but that because of Rachel's dance background and carriage, the stunt coordinator thought she would be able to handle more physically demanding training.

Quote Originally Posted by Probie View Post
    I think is my second post here. Just the time to share with you two caps from a french documentary.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Pretty pics!

The first one is hilarious because it looks like she's either excited that she finally managed to say what she was trying to say in French, or, that she had so totally messed up that she just gave up and started laughing.

Sig by Luciana

Quote Originally Posted by maxbo View Post
    Pretty pics!

The first one is hilarious because it looks like she's either excited that she finally managed to say what she was trying to say in French, or, that she had so totally messed up that she just gave up and started laughing.
    It's the second reason. She just said "Bonjour" with a lovely voice and try to say something in French again but she messed up.lol

It's the second reason. She just said "Bonjour" with a lovely voice and try to say something in French again but she messed up.lol
    Oh, that is too funny! Thanks for sharing this!

Sig by Luciana

Oh, that is too funny! Thanks for sharing this!
    Maybe I can post this later. I just have to know how to extract a passage from a video.lol

I feel like a star.../The Home of Football

I agree. As long as Teyla is the focus, I don't have a problem with posters talking about ship. And, what I mean by Teyla-focus is that the emphasis should be on Teyla as an individual and not as just part of a ship.

I'm still beyond disappointed that TPTB didn't use Rachel's pregnancy as an opportunity to explore Athosian culture and give us a taste of Teyla's life before, and outside, of Atlantis. I'll admit that I wish they had never included the pregnancy in the show, however, since they were determined to do so, I was hoping that I would find out more about Teyla and the Athosian lifestyle.

Instead, they used this storyline to try to force Teyla into an out-of-character soccer mom role and to depict a bizarre, chemistry-free, out of nowhere thing that I can't even call a relationship because the writers didn't give it enough thought to even try to make it somewhat believable. Kanaan was a bland, forgettable character that brought nothing of interest to SGA and it's almost frightening that TPTB thought Teyla fans would be satisfied with this crap storyline.

It's too bad that they didn't use fanfic writers to come up with ideas for Teyla because, over the years, I've read several interesting fanfics where the authors had created their versions of Athosian culture and how they, the Athosians, dealt with relationships and procreation. In each case those non-paid writers did a much better job in creating a rich background for Teyla than SGA's writers.
    nail... hit... head
    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!
    http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...gs/CSI-sig.jpg

http://i15.servimg.com/u/f15/14/45/27/11/vlcsna15.jpg
    http://i15.servimg.com/u/f15/14/45/27/11/vlcsna16.jpg
    Is this the one,which other members of the cast also trying to speak French?
    So cute,thanks for posting