• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree. until u decide u need yo leave
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
      i agree. until u decide u need yo leave
      True.... but that might not be for oh...a while!!
      sigpic

Comment

i agree i could stay with that light for a long while as long as i had food and water
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting episode but not high on my list of faves. Wonder what they did with Loren?
          sigpic

Comment

I like this episode, and especially the first scene between Sam and Jack. It's a sweet moment of teasing where you can really see the alchemy between the two characters, in their eyes, their words, the looks exchanges, ... And it contrasts with what follows!

Comment

Indeed it does. A bit slow, but nevertheless interesting. Poor Loran!
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, poor Loran indeed. He was a very sweet young man. He seemed to really like Teal'c, and Teal'c's patience with Loran was great. That was so sweet of Loran to give Teal'c that toy for an early birthday present.

Jack and Sam going through withdrawal symptoms and fussing was so funny. Another well done episode.
                Last edited by ChulaksPrincess; 31 October 2010, 07:26 AM.
                "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
                "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

Definitely the weak link in an otherwise strong season. It's one of those self-contained episodes that is just a bit TOO self-contained, ultimately going nowhere and not leaving any kind of lasting impression. Plus, it's a little bit on the boring side. Jack meeting another kid, that's also been done too often by this point in the series.

It has good moments, and pretty much all of those involve Daniel. I like the scene with him on the balcony and when he gets angry at Hammond. By contrast, Carter getting angry at O'Neill felt unnatural and stilted.

The light itself also isn't particularly stunning to look at, it just makes the room look messy more than anything!

RATING: 6 out of 10
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                    The light itself also isn't particularly stunning to look at, it just makes the room look messy more than anything!
                    Oh, I disagree with this. I think the light is very cool and the technology behind the special effect (what they were able to do with the money and time they had) very impressive.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Goa'uld version of the lava lamp.

Comment

Didn't like the episode much, it wasn't the worst of the series, but it was a filler episode which I thought could have been handled different.

I did notice the writing on the wall looked similar to the Furling Writing in Fifth race, it was different, but some of the curves and shapes of the lettering had some similarities. I always wondered while watching this episode if another alien race built the light room, to get the goa'ulds in there, and one of them just took credit for it, given their scavenger nature. The technology just never seemed goa'uld like to me.
                        Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Another in the proud tradition of "what's happening to Daniel" episodes. The second in a row, in fact (following Absolute Power). WHtD episodes became SG-1 writers favorite filler material after season 1, when the "what's happening to Jack" storylines were all used up. Of course the rest of SG-1 (those without kel-no-rim abilities, anyway) is eventually affected too. SG-1 apparently affected by narcotic power of the light. Viewers more likely to be affected by narcolepsy. Rating: 3/10.

Comment

Tuesday night and another ep of SG1...

1. And an SG team member runs into an active Stargate! WTF?

2. Daniel didn't seem that much out of whack early on so seeing him the wrong side of the balcony was a bit...

3. Loren, was generally a cool idea - he did well to survive that long though.

4. Seen worse beaches.

Decent enough ep but definately a filler.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Screwed the pooch yesterday, that episode is Monday.

Anyways, I thought it was an average episode.

I never listened the commentary for this episode before (one more (Monday's ep) and I've listened to all of them from Season 4)

Tomorrow, Dr. Lee makes his first appearance in the series. Oh, and the Stargate theme has lyrics!?
                              sigpic

Comment

Totally forgot that scene at the beginning when the SG-5 guy runs into the gate as it activates, so I was surprised by that.

I thought the special effect of the 'Light' was fantastic, that wonderful effect of flowing light, certainly mesmerizing, even by just watching it on the TV screen.....huh, err...where was I?!!!

'Loren' turns up on Earth a few years later at university in one of Dr Rush's lectures!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis..._display_media

Comment

Working...
                                X