Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Light (418)

Default Re: The Light (418)

This episode was okay. Predictable like all hell but it was still enjoyable. Loran was a decent character, does he ever comes back? Jack and Daniel's bet was the best part. I felt it ended too early because I wanted to see SG1 on vacation on the beach. Imagine Teal'c playing with a beach ball or trying to surf!
    "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

teal'c surfing that would be a great and heaps funny episode

I haven't actually seen this episode yet, but I've seen pics of it, and I think Michael Shanks did a terrific job with the balcony scene. I can sympathize with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard
    teal'c surfing that would be a great and heaps funny episode
    that would have been so funny.

i enjoyed this ep, it was good

I loved this episode and the whole idea. Even the bad guys need to relax sometimes.

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Quote Originally Posted by Descent
    I loved this episode and the whole idea. Even the bad guys need to relax sometimes.
    Indeed. Wasn't it a bit of a stupid theory of Carter about the light being just decoration? The sound on the background was very nice to hear. Really fitted well
    Lord Zedd

Chief Master Sergeant OrangeShipper's Avatar

Saw this ep again today, I'd forgotten how good it is!! I really like it.. Lots and lots of Jack at his best - caring, emotional (the infirmary scene and carrying Daniel through the gate were fantastic!), funny - it was actually quite funny in general, with him and Carter fighting, and the bet at the beginning.. Well, I just thought Jack was fantastic in it.. heehee! And the light is very, very pretty... Twas fantastic!!

Re the language on the walls, thought it was some variation of a Goa'uld dialect...
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...ngeShipper.jpg Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

That bit where Sam and Jack have each other by the lapels - the screen cap just screams for a caption competition!

Good idea!
    Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Lightbulb Re: The Light (418)

And, I think Jack handled the whole near-suicide thing really well. He could've very easily reacted by accidentally startling poor Daniel, which could've made Daniel lose his grip and fall :-0. But, he came out slowly enough so that he didn't startle Daniel. He encouraged him instead of scolding him.
    Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Another fantastic episode.
    Daniel is classic Daniel and just awesome. From imputant Daniel, to suicidal Daniel, to recovering Daniel, to Mr Remote control. He seemed a little uncomfortable with Loren. Loren acted younger then his age which makes sense considering his circumstances. I'm not sure Daniel Jackson is too great with kids, but then that may be due to his own cirumstances.

Teal'c was pretty silent in this ep but caring for his friends.... haha except when he points out he can leave whenever he wants. "oh how nice for you".

Jack, now this is classic O'Neill. Sure hes funny but he has his serious edge to him. He's not a total goof ball. He knows what the score is and he knows when he can joke and when he has to get tough. Its good that hes able to shake himself out of the drug induced light haze too (well at least sometimes). Shows some maturety and awareness of the situation.

Carter was solid in this ep but like teal'c didnt have a lot to do. The beach scene was pretty nice between her and jack and the opening bet scene was cool too.

The kid that played Lorin did a really good job too.

Awesome ep that reminds me why I loved SG-1. Oh, Love the forest BDUs they were wearing too.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Chief Master Sergeant

And heres the "Alternate time line" ending to Daniel Jackson in that episode:

WARNING: May not be suitable for younger viewers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00vZZTvABeE

I Have Information...

i really did enjoy watching this episode it was amazing

i really liked the way jack handled the whole daniel thing it really did show there friendship and when he rushed to go save him by taking daniel though the stargate, i really did love that scene

it was great acting by both MS and RDA but i also thought the young boy also was great in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by plastic View Post
    i really did enjoy watching this episode it was amazing

i really liked the way jack handled the whole daniel thing it really did show there friendship and when he rushed to go save him by taking daniel though the stargate, i really did love that scene

it was great acting by both MS and RDA but i also thought the young boy also was great in this episode
    Very true.

WHAT A RUBBISH EPISODE!

and i mean rubbish, just boring and that kid who looks like 30 is creepy!

Their are only two Gd things about this episode and they are:
    -The GCI on the ligth looks great and very well desgined
    -Teal'c syaing the toy gun is "inaffective" (even thought he already knows about toy guns from the Water gun battle he had in "Bane")

Some may love it and some my dislike this episode but i HATE IT!

BORING! (in an Urgo voice)
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Quote Originally Posted by MechaThor View Post
    WHAT A RUBBISH EPISODE!

and i mean rubbish, just boring and that kid who looks like 30 is creepy!

Their are only two Gd things about this episode and they are:
    -The GCI on the ligth looks great and very well desgined
    -Teal'c syaing the toy gun is "inaffective" (even thought he already knows about toy guns from the Water gun battle he had in "Bane")

Some may love it and some my dislike this episode but i HATE IT!

BORING! (in an Urgo voice)
    LOL according to the "last post" I posted my message of hate on sept thr 7th 2007, When I poated this I had not seen the epsiode for well over a year, maybe even more.
    However about a week ago after talking about how I never liked this episode in the "worst Epsiode Thread" I decided to rewatch this episode. and to my delight, I actually for the 1rst time EVER, enjoyed this episode.

As I have alreday said I had not watched it for a very LONG time, there4 i gess I have come to like diffrent things in SG-1 epsiodes. I use to only care about guns, exsplosions and cool aliens. Today I still care about Guns, Exsplosions and cool Aliens but also am more aware of the importance of character design and plot.

So now I can prove myself wrong and say that i actulaly like "The Light" now, its still not the best, but as far as i am concered its no longer the worst!
    Banner Made By Me for Me

Quote Originally Posted by MechaThor View Post
    LOL according to the "last post" I posted my message of hate on sept thr 7th 2007, When I poated this I had not seen the epsiode for well over a year, maybe even more.
    However about a week ago after talking about how I never liked this episode in the "worst Epsiode Thread" I decided to rewatch this episode. and to my delight, I actually for the 1rst time EVER, enjoyed this episode.

As I have alreday said I had not watched it for a very LONG time, there4 i gess I have come to like diffrent things in SG-1 epsiodes. I use to only care about guns, exsplosions and cool aliens. Today I still care about Guns, Exsplosions and cool Aliens but also am more aware of the importance of character design and plot.

So now I can prove myself wrong and say that i actulaly like "The Light" now, its still not the best, but as far as i am concered its no longer the worst!
    good for you for having an open mind in the end. I find some episodes I didn't originally like all that much growing on me over time too.

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55 View Post
    good for you for having an open mind in the end. I find some episodes I didn't originally like all that much growing on me over time too.
    Indeed, taht has happened alot recently, especailly after seeing some (not all) of the weaker Epsiodes in S9-10.
    A few times it has also gone the other way around, I use to like "Bounty" untill i found out about a massive plot hole nera the end, and I had always enjoyed "prisoners" but don't like it as much any more.

Anyways, Yes for me The Light is now a 7/10 rather than a 3/10
    The Beach scnes with the sataues add a nice new landscape to the show, rather than just pine forests. I belive they have only been to the beach twice, The over in another good epsiode called "Fire and Water", They should go their more offern if its still around , especailly in Atlantis!
    Banner Made By Me for Me

Brigadier General

Not a very bad episode but not my favourite.

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow2 Re: The Light (418)

Was it just me or was this episode extremely depressing. The suicides, people getting mad at each other, everything being dark on the planet, and dead bodies on the beach. However, the scene in the beach right before Teal'c finds Loran's parents was kinda funny. Sam and Jack fighting was kinda refreshing, the whole awkward relationship was getting kind of old. You do have to wonder what they did for those three weeks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast