• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Light (418)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 418

SG-1 finds a deserted Goa'uld palace, where a beautiful device causes suicidal tendencies.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:44 PM.

This is a pretty good episode. From Lt Barber's suicide and the death of the rest of SG-5 and almost getting Jackson killed ( ). The light-matrix distraction was pretty cool as well, probably pretty effective for whoever was using it.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

It was an interesting one-off episode, I'd liked to know what happened to the kid they found, he seems to have fallen into the same plothole that Nyan from "New Ground" fell into

The SFX were absolutely beautiful, I loved the way the flowed down the walls, the FX department really earned their money with those IMO.

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      and almost getting Jackson killed
      Is your name Pierre Bernard, by any chance?
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

It seems to a a bottonless hole that can hold anything.

Originally posted by bcmilco
        Is your name Pierre Bernard, by any chance?
        Nope.. Why'd ya go and say that? Its just I never liked Jackson until he died and returned in "Fallen". Not exactly sure what it was about him.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
          Nope.. Why'd ya go and say that?
          I was just joking, it's just that I've seen a bunch of your posts mention DJ getting killed or that he should get killed, And I had just been looking at the 'Recliner Of Rage' thread.

Right, anyway...

Great SFX and bottemless plot-hole
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

My lava lamp just doesn't seem as snazzy after seeing this episode.
            Fitness Buddies

Comment

Does anyone know when this episode will come on again? I missed it...along with almost every other episode on this show....(I just got into this show recently..Memorial Day to be exact)
              "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

Comment

I'm not sure, but maybe you should buy the DVD, haha... Or possibly, rent the box set. Anywho, good episode, loved it. Maybe sci-fi will play it sometime in the future, haha..
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Nice episode, cool effects.

For some reason, I found the fact that the Goa'uld used drugs funny. I could just see Ba'al whacked out and giggling.

Maybe I'm just odd.
                  sigpic

Comment

Giggling Goa'uld... funny

Comment

I finally saw the episode, OMG it was great. All the suicidal issues and stuff was very dramatic and same with Daniel's "death". The light was beautiful too, I wish I had one...that wasn't addictive.
                      "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

Comment

The first times I saw it I didn't really like it. But when I watched it.. 4 days ago maybe, I enjoyed it:>

Comment

Goa'uld drugs... *giggles*

Comment

This was a strange episode to me... not having to do with anything.

Comment

I liked the interplay between the characters when they started going into withdrawal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X