• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute Power (417)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 417

Jackson's teammates notice a disturbing change in him when he is reunited with the Harcesis child and given the Goa'uld genetic memory.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:40 PM.

I really liked this show... Only kinda wanted it all to be real. This was the first time that I really enjoyed Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson. Especially when he hit Moscow.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I agree, this was a great episode. I didn't realize it was going to be a dream sequence until it skipped ahead a year. I kept waiting for the plan to fall apart or turn against them or whatever else would have stopped it.

My only complaint is that photo makes it look like Jackson is constipated.
      "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Maybe that was one of the effects of the Goa'uld knowledge.. And perhaps the reason they all seen to be evil.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I have a question about Shifu/Harcesis. Did Oma help him to ascent? Cause Shifu was able to turn into a "glowing energy being" and appeared as a sandstorm. But they were also able to touch him and Dr. Fraiser was even able to take a sample of his blood. So was he part-ascended or something like that?

Comment

I'm not sure, haven't seen this episode in a while, but did the kid 'ascend' before or after he got a blood sample tooken from him?
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Well, he was the sandstorm before they took the sample...

Comment

Originally posted by Dramaqueen
                Well, he was the sandstorm before they took the sample...
                I'm going to have to watch the episode again,

Comment

Let me know when you did.
                  I was wondering if he, like Orlin in 'Ascension' re-took human form... but Orlin said that once he re-took human form he would not be able to ascent without help of the others... and IMO there wasn't the time in AP to..uhm.. re-ascent so... ... I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramaqueen
                    Let me know when you did.
                    I was wondering if he, like Orlin in 'Ascension' re-took human form... but Orlin said that once he re-took human form he would not be able to ascent without help of the others... and IMO there wasn't the time in AP to..uhm.. re-ascent so... ... I have no idea.
                    "Not enough time"? haha, maybe!

Comment

I thought I had an answer to this ascended-descended thing, but the more I think about it, the more I realise I might be wrong! But maybe Oma was keeping an eye on the child and helped out with the process. I don't know, though.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, thinking about this kind of stuff can really make it even more complicated than it maybe really is.
                        I was thinking that maybe Shifu was ascended in the same way like the monk in "Maternal Instinct". When he was shot by the Jaffa he became one of these "glowing energy beings" too, but I don't think that he ascended in that moment. I think he kind of ascended before and was just like Shifu able to re-take human form. Maybe because he didn't die before but chose to ascent. So maybe he had to ascent completly in the moment he died.
                        I see, I'm using the word "maybe" way too often so this is just a weird theory that just popped up in my head...

Comment

that kid can sure give you bad dreams

Comment

I'm unclear as to the whole issue regarding Shi'fu's ascension/descension, but I am not unclear as to how much anger I felt toward Daniel in this episode. Why do the writers always make Daniel the episodes where he turns out to be a jerk? Either through alien technology or an alternate future. Possibly because they know MS can pull it off, as he does this time. Another wonderfully acted episode from him.

Moscow being destroyed was very cool.

Comment

Ah.. I think possibly that the whole ascended being thing wasn't completely thought out when this episode was written and the blood sample thing just slipped by.

Comment

Working...
                              X