• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobraR478
    I believe thats what Shifu's point was
    Great minds think alike
    Rocky

Comment

This episode proves to show how Dangerous a Harsesis can be and it was good to show that it was a vision as it explained that if a person wanted that power they would more than likely use it for evil even under good intentions. Makes you wander if theyt will ever do a AU episode with an evil SG-1 in.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I sure hope not. That would be too much of a TOS of Star Trek for my tastes.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
          This episode proves to show how Dangerous a Harsesis can be and it was good to show that it was a vision as it explained that if a person wanted that power they would more than likely use it for evil even under good intentions.
          Yes, imagine if the Harcesis had come Apophis' control, blowing up Moscow might be not so far from the truth!

I really liked this episode, I was actually taken in by the dream at first though I was still kinda waiting for some explanation to Daniel's behaviour. Evil Daniel was very well acted by MS, but he was incredibly annoying with all his orders and stuff. Jack was pretty funny as he seemed to be quietly thinking "wtf is going on?"

Shi'fu made a very good point and one that I don't think Daniel will forget any time soon.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
            Is it just me, or does MS play madmen a little too well?

It seems like every time a nutter is required, they make it Daniel.
            It's like he is in SG-1 for archeology, language translation and gibbering!
            Yea he does play a crazy person or person who is not quite all there really well. Like in Legacy or Need.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
              Yea he does play a crazy person or person who is not quite all there really well. Like in Legacy or Need.
              And in Lifeboat.

I really liked this episode - Shifu was played really well. Did he remind anyone else of Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle?

Comment

I love, love, love this episode.

Evil Daniel rules, and is so, so sexy. I have to agree that MS plays crazy/power-crazed roles extremely well. He never ceases to amaze me in such situations. I loved his evilness in Need, but he's even better, even more evil here. I couldn't believe that he actually blew up Moscow. And his 'It's like cutting your enemy's heart out.' line. I know, just an imagined Daniel, but still! And what's scary is, if he really had been capable of developing such a weapons system, I'm sure the gov't would have given him the means and power to do so, without question.

The ep was well done in the sense that it wasn't immediately obvious that it was a dream sequence -- not until they tell us 'one year later'. I kept wondering what actually happened to Teal'c during that time, as they all kept referring to an incident with him.

Just the technology, and Daniel developing it and comandeering it, was extremely cool. I loved the way the weapons looked, and how powerfully and flawlessly they performed. Everything, especially the launch, was just so perfect (too perfect to be true, obviously).

I was a bit surprised that the Russians immediately responded by threatening to blow up the new satellite weapons. That seemed a bit extreme to me.

Ultimately I don't really agree with the way the episode ended. I don't think they should have just let all the info go (although I guess they didn't have a choice?). I wish Daniel had been able to remember some of the tech -- even if it had just been that heavy naquadah water fuel source stuff. A wasted opportunity to gain new tech just kills me every time!

Comment

I have a little casting gripe regarding the kid who played Shifu. Now he's supposed to be the offspring of the hosts of Apophis and Shar'e, right? Call me crazy, but I think he should have had more African features. Curly hair, and dark brown eyes are what I expected. There's no way he would have come out looking like that. Apophis' host is a straight up black Egyptian, and Shar'e's people were taken from ancient Egypt, right? Peter Williams is a black man, right? I have the same issue with the kid who plays Teal'c's son Ry'ac, except he did look like a mixed child, yet Teal'c and his wife are straight up black, not even light skinned. A minor quibble, but disappointing for me when they literally whitewash the characters by casting racially ambiguous people when it should be obvious. It's bad enough that this strong black man and excellent role model for young black viewers is given minimal dialogue. I'm always so proud when my little 3 year old nephew proclaims that "I'm Teal'c!" and says "Indeed" in his deepest little voice. This might be hard for many of you to understand, and for that, I'm sorry if I'm not articulating this well.

Comment

I liked this episode. I did not realize it was a vision until it was made clear. But I was wondering why they didn't suspect something had happened to change Daniel, (aside from just a drive to defeat the Goa'uld). MS did play the part well, as you started to really hate him, during the vision.

After he had the first vision of Teal'c, I thought he was going to call him a sholva.

Comment

Originally posted by Jump237
                      I have a little casting gripe regarding the kid who played Shifu. Now he's supposed to be the offspring of the hosts of Apophis and Shar'e, right? Call me crazy, but I think he should have had more African features. Curly hair, and dark brown eyes are what I expected. There's no way he would have come out looking like that. Apophis' host is a straight up black Egyptian, and Shar'e's people were taken from ancient Egypt, right? Peter Williams is a black man, right? I have the same issue with the kid who plays Teal'c's son Ry'ac, except he did look like a mixed child, yet Teal'c and his wife are straight up black, not even light skinned. A minor quibble, but disappointing for me when they literally whitewash the characters by casting racially ambiguous people when it should be obvious. It's bad enough that this strong black man and excellent role model for young black viewers is given minimal dialogue. I'm always so proud when my little 3 year old nephew proclaims that "I'm Teal'c!" and says "Indeed" in his deepest little voice. This might be hard for many of you to understand, and for that, I'm sorry if I'm not articulating this well.
                      Nah. I get what you're saying. Shifu bugs me, but Ry'ac doesn't. And of the many reasons for having Teal'c speak more, the one you raise is ... not the least important. I hear he'll be talking more in season 9.
                      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I think Michael Shanks is very,very good actor.This show was great...is great.And is...really...reference
                        Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it.

Comment

I thought this whole thing about daniel turning evil and taking over the world is totally against daniel's character. Daniel wouldn't do anything to harm anyone... or would he. But seriously, Daniel is not the whole 'world domination' type. Maybe Dr. Fraiser... lol. Or teal'c!
                          Last edited by sg1 volgman; 19 July 2005, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1 volgman
                            I thought this whole thing about daniel turning evil and taking over the world is totally against daniel's character. Daniel wouldn't do anything to harm anyone... or would he. But seriously, Daniel is the whole 'world domination' type. Maybe Dr. Fraiser... lol. Or teal'c!
                            I suppose it does come across as a bit shocking - but why shouldn't Daniel become drunk with the power he has? Okay, Daniel's behaviour completely contradicts everything he's ever stood for in the past - but this is an entirely new situation; who would be able to resist the temptation? No matter how much a force for reason and right Daniel has been, he's still human - and as susceptible as the rest of us to the baser human instincts - which could have twisted his original desire to protect the planet from the Goa'uld into a desire to control it (either the grid alone or the world in general - not sure which).

On the other hand - as this is a journey that Shifu's taking him through inside his mind. There's the possibility that Daniel being the central protagonist is merely a metaphor for humanity at large. As Shifu explains - he's teaching Daniel - who better to use as a demonstration tool than Daniel himself?

Obviously we'll never know for sure whether Daniel's actions were prompted by Shifu just to show him what could happen, or he was allowed to react as he would have done if it were truly happening. Mind you, I suspect that it was probably the latter version - after all, what greater object lesson could you have to warn you of how you might react than to give you the chance to find out? It's a valuable lesson that Daniel's been taught - and (unlike most of the rest of humanity) he's actually likely to learn from it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              Power corrups and absolute power corrups absolutely!!
                              Jackson in the vision seemed to be thinking more like "Power corrupts and absolute power is actually pretty neat."
                              The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                                I suppose it does come across as a bit shocking - but why shouldn't Daniel become drunk with the power he has? Okay, Daniel's behaviour completely contradicts everything he's ever stood for in the past - but this is an entirely new situation; who would be able to resist the temptation? No matter how much a force for reason and right Daniel has been, he's still human - and as susceptible as the rest of us to the baser human instincts - which could have twisted his original desire to protect the planet from the Goa'uld into a desire to control it (either the grid alone or the world in general - not sure which).

On the other hand - as this is a journey that Shifu's taking him through inside his mind. There's the possibility that Daniel being the central protagonist is merely a metaphor for humanity at large. As Shifu explains - he's teaching Daniel - who better to use as a demonstration tool than Daniel himself?

Obviously we'll never know for sure whether Daniel's actions were prompted by Shifu just to show him what could happen, or he was allowed to react as he would have done if it were truly happening. Mind you, I suspect that it was probably the latter version - after all, what greater object lesson could you have to warn you of how you might react than to give you the chance to find out? It's a valuable lesson that Daniel's been taught - and (unlike most of the rest of humanity) he's actually likely to learn from it.
                                i would! i would do what's best for humanity... one human in particular.. But anyway I agree. I think it is what daniel would do faced with the situation. What I don't get is how he could have dreamed a years worth of dream in a few hours or less.

I still wonder what Teal'c would have done.

Comment

Working...
                                X