Absolute Power (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgentX
    I'm unclear as to the whole issue regarding Shi'fu's ascension/descension, but I am not unclear as to how much anger I felt toward Daniel in this episode. Why do the writers always make Daniel the episodes where he turns out to be a jerk? Either through alien technology or an alternate future. Possibly because they know MS can pull it off, as he does this time. Another wonderfully acted episode from him.
    I didn't see Daniel being a jerk at all. I saw Daniel having a vision in which he turned out to be a jerk. None of it was real, it was all a Shifu-induced vision.

But yes, I agree on the acting.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
      I didn't see Daniel being a jerk at all. I saw Daniel having a vision in which he turned out to be a jerk. None of it was real, it was all a Shifu-induced vision.
      Sorry, the confusion was my mistake, I had meant Daniel in the vision. I didn't think the actual Daniel was a jerk. Wait... What I meant was that the Daniel in the vision was a jerk. A very driven jerk, but still a jerk

Comment

So what happened to the kid.. I hope we see him again.

Comment

did he go through to with oma again?

Comment

I thought Evil Daniel was very sexy.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
              I'm unclear as to the whole issue regarding Shi'fu's ascension/descension, but I am not unclear as to how much anger I felt toward Daniel in this episode. Why do the writers always make Daniel the episodes where he turns out to be a jerk? Either through alien technology or an alternate future. Possibly because they know MS can pull it off, as he does this time. Another wonderfully acted episode from him.

Moscow being destroyed was very cool.
              He did such a good job that I almost wish he was a Goa'uld

Comment

Is it just me, or does MS play madmen a little too well?

It seems like every time a nutter is required, they make it Daniel.
                It's like he is in SG-1 for archeology, language translation and gibbering!
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think he was a "madman." Usually when referring to this ep, most of us use the term Evil Daniel, even me. However, I now believe he was an entirely different person than Daniel.

His change in personality is first noticeable when he is leading a briefing. He barks off orders to everyone with no option for negotiation. His plans must be done in a year no matter what the cost. Personal requirements fulfilled since he is "cooperating" with the military. Did you see the looks on Hammond and Davis' face?

He interrupts Teal'c's Kelnoreem with no apologies other than a Goa'uld translation he must have now, with no regard to Teal'c's personal time.

Jack questions him about the project and he jumps all over him, telling him to help or leave. No discussion.

He throws Sam in jail because her opinions are in contrast to his as well as his plans for Earth.

Some other observations include the house he's living in. Daniel would never live in such a spacious and elegantly decorated mansion. Too ostenatious for him. Daniel would be embarrassed to drink a glass of two thousand dollar a bottle champagne, yet he offers it to Jack like Jack should be thrilled to partake in it. His clothes are dry cleaned and probably only worn once or twice.

Thoughts? Comments?

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Wow! What a list of Evil Danny vs. Good ol' space monkey.

I must say I didn't like Shifu all that much (ducks shoe thrown by someone). I like Oma Desala a whole lot more (and I really didn't start liking her until we actually got to see her in human form in 'Meridian'). It was freaky seeing the things that Daniel was imagining doing to his teammates, especially when he imagined using the ribbon device jolt against Carter. Shows just how powerful the Goa'uld genetic memory is and why only Tok'ra are good.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Thanks, Daniel's twin. *blushes* I know I've seen this episode way too many times.

I didn't like Shifu too much either. He was annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                        Some other observations include the house he's living in. Daniel would never live in such a spacious and elegantly decorated mansion. Too ostenatious for him. Daniel would be embarrassed to drink a glass of two thousand dollar a bottle champagne, yet he offers it to Jack like Jack should be thrilled to partake in it. His clothes are dry cleaned and probably only worn once or twice.
                        Power corrups and absolute power corrups absolutely!!
                        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                          Power corrups and absolute power corrups absolutely!!
                          I believe thats what Shifu's point was

Comment

I really like this episode, though I agree that Shifu was a little annoying (though his cryptic sentences gave us the whole ball of wax thing). I thought the episode was good in that it happened to Daniel, as he is seen as the 'purest' and most naive character and for him to be corrupted highlighted the evilness of the goa'uld. It also helped him get away from always going through the gate for something related to Sha're and implied that ascended beings aren't always fence sitters.

Comment

Nice Daniel episode I Thought that MS played 'Evil Daniel' very well- very realistic in parts I wasn't all to keen on the Shifu kid though

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes! I guess I have a thing for evil Daniel. I made a signature with him in it:

Elevators are such a PITA!

Read my fanfic here:True Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X