No announcement yet.

Absolute Power (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was funny when shifu said *breakfast is the most important meal of the day* and daniel says * did Oma teach you that?* shifu replies *No the tv did*
    A good episode for daniel but no-one mentions what happened to teal'c in the dream!

Comment

This episode scared me! I was like, "What the hell?" Then Moscow blew up and I was like, "alright, obviously this is some sort of dream or something."
      I hate this episode, though, not as much as 'Need', but I prefer not to even see the idea of Daniel being evil!

Comment

Weird episode, i hope TPTB dont do something similar agian!

Comment

I did not like it much.....

Comment

I thought this ep was a bit OTT, and I had a hard time believing that Hammond would not take control of the situation before it escalated. That was just too much for me. Shifu was entertaining and I can understand the point of the so called (possible)
            Spoiler:
            dream teaching
            , but I thought it could have been done better.
            All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
            Pay it forward

Comment

I'm kinda mixed on this episode. It had some good peformances, particulary from Daniel and Shifu. But I felt the premise was wasted. The idea was good (that Daniel be given the knowledge of the Goa'ulds) but using it in a dream sequence made the whole thing seem like a rip-off of Forever In A Day (which wasn't that good to begin with). I felt it was a terrible end to the whole Harcesis plot line.

timdalton007

Comment

it was cool to see the dark side of Daniel for once every member of SG-1 (before season 9) the wirter have exploered jack's dark side (sades of grey)
                Carter (season 8) so it was cool to see daniel just not give a darn anymore and willing to sacifice his friends to get what he wanted.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by NightWing
                  it was cool to see the dark side of Daniel for once every member of SG-1 (before season 9) the wirter have exploered jack's dark side (sades of grey)
                  Carter (season 8) so it was cool to see daniel just not give a darn anymore and willing to sacifice his friends to get what he wanted.
                  I agree with that. Everyone has a dark side to them, whether they're willing to admit it or not - and Dr Jackson is no exception. We're so used to Danny being the Voice Of Reason in any given situation where Jack is about to act precipitately that it was quite a shock to the system to watch those principles crumble in the face of the knowledge he is given.

I imagine it scared the whatnot out of Danny as well, once he came to.
                  sigpic

Comment

great episode...i liked shifu...nice kid...very smart...
                    oma give your self a tep on the back! you did well!!
                    wow! in the mind of daniel...in that dream world...how much power!!!
                    moscow want bye-bye!!! knowlege can be destructive...

Comment

The satellite weapons were great. I didn't expect Daniel to blow up Moscow though. Out of all the characters he seemed to me to be the least likely to do such a thing. Took me a bit by surprise. Even if everyone has a dark side per se, I still don't see Daniel doing that. Jack trying to shoot him was my favorite part of the episode.
                      "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix
                        I didn't expect Daniel to blow up Moscow though. Out of all the characters he seemed to me to be the least likely to do such a thing. Took me a bit by surprise. Even if everyone has a dark side per se, I still don't see Daniel doing that.
                        I know what you mean. It seems almost inconceivable that Daniel (Daniel!) can go off on one if you give him a big, bad satellite weapon system to play with. Of all people, he would appear to be the one who would use it responsibly and correctly (that makes it sound a bit like a VCR, doesn't it? ).

Apparently not.

I suppose to some it requires extensive suspension of belief to have him behave so atrociously (understandably, given that he is normally the Voice Of Reason in situations of this type), but to me it seems like Danny was the ideal character to illustrate the concept of absolute power corrupting absolutely. If even he can't control himself, then we're all stuffed!
                        sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode, in seeing Michael Shanks play a totally different character in a downward spiral, using his friends and getting rid of anyone in his way. Since it was only a dream, it's no use arguing the logic of it as most dreams aren't logical, I know mine aren't! But the set-up was rather neat, not letting us know right away it was a dream, and it's kinda neat with everything he did to everyone else, he and Jack were still friends (until jack tried to shoot him!)
                          EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                            to me it seems like Danny was the ideal character to illustrate the concept of absolute power corrupting absolutely. If even he can't control himself, then we're all stuffed!
                            Precisely the point TPTB were trying to make, I think. Well said!
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I totally love this ep .
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ghahhhh! evil Daniel? why, why why? Okay, I saw this the first time, catching it just before we blew up moscow.... ehrr... Daniel blew up mascow, that's what I mean, right?
                                Spoiler:
                                Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                                I caught frogs and called them prince
                                And made myself a queen
                                Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                                I slept in castles and fell in love
                                Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                                To capture tinkerbell
                                They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                                But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                                And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                                And anything I can to get by
                                And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                                X