No announcement yet.

Absolute Power (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone notice that Shi'fu was eating fruit loops? Just thought I'd throw that in....

Comment

Just diving in here to say that this is one of my favourite eps. I love to see Daniel take on another persona from time to time…(Lifeboat, Need, etc.). MS is a very good actor and episodes like this/these give him a chance to showcase that talent. He has mentioned that he enjoys the chance to do something different with the Daniel character, on more than one occasion, in Convention Q & A panels. (Spending 10 years being a “Mister Goody Two-shoes” is probably a little boring for an actor I should think.)

As to the blowing things up and P90’s comments…For me one of the great things about Stargate is the balance between action, drama, thought-provoking concepts and comedy. Yes, there are some very funny moments and episodes throughout the series as well.

So, if the whole show has this multidimensional feel to it, it stands to reason that we should also see the same multidimensional-ness (Good grief! Did I say that? is there such a word??!!) of each character throughout the series. Daniel being no exception.

If there “holes” in this particular ep. (and a few have been mentioned) I submit that it has much to do with trying to cram the whole “Absolute power corrupting absolutely” thing into one episode. (Could have made a nice movie…IMHO)

Whatever.......Daniel Rocks! - Good, Evil, Moody, Broody, Ascended, Descended….

He can come to my house for tea anytime!

As to the fruit loops?….I believe Colonel O’Neill requests that they be a staple part of the SGC diet….along with blue jello!
      sigpic

Comment

So... what did happen to tealc?

Comment

I believe the 'altered' daniel sent him off on a mission he knew would get teal'c captured/killed...

Comment

Indeedy - the last thing EvilDanny would have wanted was a blunt spoken, wise, honorable warrior in the vicinity. Particularly one with the unerring capacity to raise incredibly awkward points of order at just the moment when you're about to do something very morally ambiguous.

Evil Geniuses do not need such people on the staff.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
              Indeedy - the last thing EvilDanny would have wanted was a blunt spoken, wise, honorable warrior in the vicinity. Particularly one with the unerring capacity to raise incredibly awkward points of order at just the moment when you're about to do something very morally ambiguous.

Evil Geniuses do not need such people on the staff.
              Not to mention that Teal'c killed Sha're and I think Daniel, in a little tiny part of his soul, didn't forgive Teal'c completely....
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

"Dreams teach", I like that I'm glad to see that Daniel is smart enough that a rapid increase in enemy knowledge isn't always a good thing. In order to remain separate from your enemy you must vanquish the things that allow them to rise to such great power, rather than use them yourself. The following is a quote about the production of Absolute Power that I found extremely interesting.

"That was a deleted scene from 'Absolute Power.' Jack makes a horrifying discovery: It turns out Daniel has been keeping Teal'c a prisoner, experimenting on him, transfusing himself with his naquadah-rich blood which, ultimately, allows him to use the hand device. It was a dark revelation that was cut at either the script stage or in editing." (Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at Our Stargate)
                Can you imagine that? I'm glad they decide to cut that out of the episode, it was already extremely dark it didn't have to get any worse.
                sigpic

Comment

I would have loved to see that on a deleted scenes part for the seasion..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    I would have loved to see that on a deleted scenes part for the seasion..
                    I have mixed feelings about that.
                    sigpic

Comment

You could tell Daniel had turned evil, because he wasn't wearing glasses. People with glasses are awesome and don't do bad things.

Rating: 5/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ute-power.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I cant stand the annoying cryptic talk.

Comment

This episode is really weird

It seems to imply that the boy taught daniel what would happen if humans acquire advance devastating weapons, so logically this would have meant an end to their quest of acquiring new tech in future missions, at least for Daniel since he experience them in his dream.... But obviously that's not going to happen

It seems like its intended to solve the story about this kid and with the usual "you can't have our tech" message, as we've seen in many episode where they fail to get the tech they wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            This episode is really weird

It seems to imply that the boy taught daniel what would happen if humans acquire advance devastating weapons, so logically this would have meant an end to their quest of acquiring new tech in future missions, at least for Daniel since he experience them in his dream.... But obviously that's not going to happen

It seems like its intended to solve the story about this kid and with the usual "you can't have our tech" message, as we've seen in many episode where they fail to get the tech they wanted
                            I see what your saying but I think it was morre specific than that, in that it was lession about what would hapen if you had advanced technology and also had the memories of the goauld (like Shifu did). I mean not all aliens who have advanced tech end up using it for evil , the Nox for example
                            AncientsTimeline

Comment

I like the end when Daniel tells them then the can't accept the goa'uld memories.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                                The following is a quote about the production of Absolute Power that I found extremely interesting.

"That was a deleted scene from 'Absolute Power.' Jack makes a horrifying discovery: It turns out Daniel has been keeping Teal'c a prisoner, experimenting on him, transfusing himself with his naquadah-rich blood which, ultimately, allows him to use the hand device. It was a dark revelation that was cut at either the script stage or in editing." (Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at Our Stargate)
                                Can you imagine that? I'm glad they decide to cut that out of the episode, it was already extremely dark it didn't have to get any worse.
                                I agree that it would have been extremely shocking to see that Daniel had experimented on Teal'c.

My interpretation while watching the episode was that Daniel had Teal'c killed. And I was wondering whether it was because Daniel had Apophis' memories (from the Harsesis) and saw Teal'c as a traitor, or whether it was that Daniel still felt angry at Teal'c for his part in what happened to Sha're, that he had Teal'c killed. Or if it was that Daniel realized that Teal'c would be the first one to notice what happened to Daniel, and would try to stop him? We saw that it took Carter a year to blow the whistle on Daniel, and O'Neill didn't believe Daniel was really dangerous until he witnessed his attack on Russia. I think Teal'c would have caught this long before either Carter and O'Neill started to act on their suspicions.

Comment

Working...
                                X