Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost City Writers' Political Views (SPOILERS FOR LOST CITY)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost City Writers' Political Views (SPOILERS FOR LOST CITY)

So, when the entire team, plus Hammond, is gathered at Jack's cabin, they're in the middle of discussing the political situation (with President Henry Hayes and VP Robert Kinsey) when Jack says something along the lines of "Yeah, who voted for these two shrubs anyway?".

Could his use of the word "shrub", synonymous to "bush", which is also the name of the current US president, have been a little hint as to how the writers feel about the current US administration? I don't, I was rewatching it the other day, and I thought about that. There's my symbolism insight for the day.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

I don't think so. I think that Robert Cooper and Brad Wright needed a word and they chose Shrubs. That would be a good question to ask Joe.
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe 'shrub' is the Ancient word for 'really really stupid person,' and Jack remembered that word.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
        I don't think so. I think that Robert Cooper and Brad Wright needed a word and they chose Shrubs. That would be a good question to ask Joe.
        I agree. I think it is just a coincidence.

Comment

Interesting thought................could be onto something there. "Shrub" is a pretty odd word to use when describing people.........I don't think I've heard anyone else use it in that context as it would be a pretty poor insult.

"You shrub! I hate you!"..........see

Comment

I agree, "shrub" is an odd thing to say, but it fits in Jack's character, since he says odd things.

*Makes mental note to call someone a "shrub."*

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
              So, when the entire team, plus Hammond, is gathered at Jack's cabin, they're in the middle of discussing the political situation (with President Henry Hayes and VP Robert Kinsey) when Jack says something along the lines of "Yeah, who voted for these two shrubs anyway?".

Could his use of the word "shrub", synonymous to "bush", which is also the name of the current US president, have been a little hint as to how the writers feel about the current US administration? I don't, I was rewatching it the other day, and I thought about that. There's my symbolism insight for the day.
              I doubt that the writers Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper are anti bush because if they were theyre would be more likely more anti bush statements in there. I therefore say like practically anyone else that its all becasue of Jacks state of mind and that he often says weird things.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
              X