This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

season 10?

can someone tell me if there is going to be a season 10 for sg1?

According to Joe we will know in about a month.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

thanks. I thought so. i just couldnt see them introducing the ori and then calling it quits....

Comment

Originally posted by daniellover
        thanks. I thought so. i just couldnt see them introducing the ori and then calling it quits....
        to quote Chris Judge: "The show will end when the writers run out of ideas..." and that was from the Behind the Gate: Secrets Revealed Special of SG1-8/SGA-1 second halves.
        "I'm PMSing and I have a zat....were you're going to say something?"
        Official F.O.R.D. Website

Second Star to the Right

One of the top ways to know you're in college: Two hours of sleep is considered lucky!
        (That's also one of the top ways to know you work with McKay.)

Comment

Originally posted by daniellover
          can someone tell me if there is going to be a season 10 for sg1?
          Considering, SG-1 is being treated as a new series, I think it would be reasonable for Sci-Fi to allow it time to establish its new storyline, as long as the ratings are decent. So, I'm pretty sure they'll commission a Season 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
            Considering, SG-1 is being treated as a new series, I think it would be reasonable for Sci-Fi to allow it time to establish its new storyline, as long as the ratings are decent. So, I'm pretty sure they'll commission a Season 10.
            if they were really serious about commiting to it as a new series they would give them a multi-season assurance so the writers can actually have room to work and write instead of having to write everything to finish at the end of the season. right now sci fi is just humoring sg-1 till atlantis is fully accepted and established and then they will likely pull the plug. the people at sci fi are not the most enlightened bunch. all you have to do is look at their track record.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              if they were really serious about commiting to it as a new series they would give them a multi-season assurance so the writers can actually have room to work and write instead of having to write everything to finish at the end of the season. right now sci fi is just humoring sg-1 till atlantis is fully accepted and established and then they will likely pull the plug. the people at sci fi are not the most enlightened bunch. all you have to do is look at their track record.
              Yeah, like Farscape.

But I recently heard a rumor they were negotiating a multi-year contract, so that made me feel more optimistic.

Personally, I think the Stargate franchise is their flagship and its gotten more popular recently, so I think they'll hang on for at least one more season.

And no, I don't for one moment believe the Sci-Fi Channel gives a damn about the feelings of its viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                And no, I don't for one moment believe the Sci-Fi Channel gives a damn about the feelings of its viewers.
                yeah how many giant animal movies are they gonna cram down our throats and try to pass off as sci fi? that and additional showings of "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas"

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                  yeah how many giant animal movies are they gonna cram down our throats and try to pass off as sci fi? that and additional showings of "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas"
                  Those movies show that the Sci-Fi Channel has no concept of what appeals to their base viewing audience. I still can't believe they cancelled Farscape. I can't believe they didn't pick up Doctor Who.

To the casual viewers, the Sci-Fi Channel is a pathetic geek fest.

To the base audience, the Sci-Fi Channel is a sad joke with extraordinary luck that it embraces or dismisses on a whim.

Comment

Who knows, we all ceratainly hope so after a fresh start this year in Season 9 with new regualars and a new enemy, we shall see the countdown begins!

Comment

Working...
                    X