Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*ahem*

Comment

Hopefully Ketari will have someone/thing else to not really like before its all said and done.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Regarding an earlier post made by Selmak, I guess that was a mistake, including Janet in 2010.
        __

__

Comment

Could have been.. It is possible that in the timeline where Earth joined the Condeferation Fraiser never entered into the situation. After all, didn't the Aschen destroy the Goa'ulds?
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Probably because of the differnet actions that occur, the differnet outcomes to the situations. Just a way of life.
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Ketari
              I didnt really like the Aschen.... mainly coz Jack and Sam didnt get together ultimately coz of them. *grumble*

And killing humans? That is just rude!
              yup that was also how I felt about the aschen and the episode...I love alternate reality and time stuff but this one had kind of a sad feelin' to it.

Comment

It's intentionally creepy, and the camera and lighting work emphasis it really well.

Comment

Having rewatched this episode I have to say it's one of my favorites from season four. I love how all four of them sacrifice their life at the end (Isn't that what alternate Universes are really for? Killing off regulars as much as you can, without *really* killing them ). Anyway, that scene sent chills down my spine.

One thing though, that note in the end, I couldn't help thinking that the red stuff that was supposed to be blood, looked an awful lot like paint, instead.
                  Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

It goes to show you that Daniel gets hotter in the future.

I know, I didn't think it was possible, either.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                      Not in Stargate. In stargate we know alternate realities are possibile (ie. The quantaum Mirror") Thus SG-1 didn't actually do squat to their timeline. But created an alternate one where they didn't meet the Aschen. Thus no paradox creates becuase the note came from a different timeline and not the one being changed.
                      The problem there is that the quantum mirror allows a connection between alternate realities, not alternate timelines of the same reality. Your theory is based upon the idea that the gate allows travel between alternate timelines, which then sets up the question of where the team are actually going when they step through.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is it possible that at some point in the future Sam goes to Jack (maybe at the same time she goes to Cassie), and says, "okay, timeline clean up! Sir, you have to bleed on this piece of paper and toss it into the gate. and Cassie, you have to save us at some time when you are about 50 years old..."

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                          The problem there is that the quantum mirror allows a connection between alternate realities, not alternate timelines of the same reality. Your theory is based upon the idea that the gate allows travel between alternate timelines, which then sets up the question of where the team are actually going when they step through.
                          Well, I was just thinking that "Timeline" and reality are more or less synomnous in this context.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                            Well, I was just thinking that "Timeline" and reality are more or less synomnous in this context.
                            I don't think they are. In "There But For The Grace Of God", Alt. Carter flat out said that the Stargate cannot connect alternate realities. It can, however, allow time travel within the same reality as was the case in "1969".

I don't think we'll ever see a resolution to the time paradox posited by SeaBee. It would require Earth to gain the knowledge necessary to predict solar flares by the year 2010. Jack O'Neill and company have 6 years left to find it and send another note back or else time will revert to the moment when the note passed through the Stargate and SG-1 will meet the Aschen on schedule.

"1969" resolved in a much more coherent fashion.
                            END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                              Jack O'Neill and company have 6 years left to find it and send another note back or else time will revert to the moment when the note passed through the Stargate and SG-1 will meet the Aschen on schedule.
                              That assumes a great deal about the nature of temporal paradoxes that we don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                That assumes a great deal about the nature of temporal paradoxes that we don't know.
                                True. However, the time travel theories floated over on the Temporal Anomalies homepage seem as good a place to start as any, and that's generally how I frame my thinking when it comes to the paradoxes inherent in most time manipulation scenarios in popular entertainment. I have an analysis of "1969" that I might post one of these days.
                                END OF LINE

Comment

Working...
                                X