2010 (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dani347
    Same here. Not getting anything near my eyes.

Besides, purely shallow reasons, I don't want Daniel without glasses. He looks scrumptious in glasses.
    Haha, yah, i know some people who doesn't want to wear contact lenses, or fix their eyes by laser and such, glasses would fit them better anyway... haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, until it got to the end. Then I got annoyed. My "Time Paradox" antipathy kicked in, and I found myself thinking thus:

The team meet the Aschen, eventually find out about them being bad guys, and send the note through the gate.
      The note stops the team meeting the Aschen, therefore the note doesn't get sent.
      This means the team don't get the note, meet the Aschen, and send a note.
      And so on. And on and on and on.

This is the reason why so many Sci-fi creators avoid time travel like the plague. It's too easy to set up a paradox, and very difficult to get out of it!
      sigpic

Comment

i'm no scientist. i pretty much failed maths at highschool. so things like that dont bother me..

i live a world of blissfull ignorance of such things

meanwhile, i was walking to uni today and was thinking about this ep the..

"And we're walking" bit.

I had this huge stupid grin on my face.
        people were looking at me weirdly... it's funny how people are so boring that seeing someone smiling to themselves freaks them out.

Comment

ooo, grr, that sgc guide that said that was so, 'horrible', i thought it was funny though, 'and we're walking'.

i agree, if your alone walking somewhere in public, and start smiling, it is kind of scary, haha...

Comment

Strange how people react to such a normal thing
            __

__

Comment

Sometimes, when i walk and see people smiling by themselves, i just start to laugh, but stop, haha...

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                I enjoyed this episode, until it got to the end. Then I got annoyed. My "Time Paradox" antipathy kicked in, and I found myself thinking thus:

The team meet the Aschen, eventually find out about them being bad guys, and send the note through the gate.
                The note stops the team meeting the Aschen, therefore the note doesn't get sent.
                This means the team don't get the note, meet the Aschen, and send a note.
                And so on. And on and on and on.

This is the reason why so many Sci-fi creators avoid time travel like the plague. It's too easy to set up a paradox, and very difficult to get out of it!
                Not in Stargate. In stargate we know alternate realities are possibile (ie. The quantaum Mirror") Thus SG-1 didn't actually do squat to their timeline. But created an alternate one where they didn't meet the Aschen. Thus no paradox creates becuase the note came from a different timeline and not the one being changed.
                sigpic
                Banner By JME2

Comment

I don't normally laugh, just think to myself
                  __

__

Comment

I was thinking about the scene with the guide. And how she says the gate room was the embarkation room, Daniel says it was "the Gate room" and yet at least in the early years season one + two they did call it the embarkation room. So what gives?
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Perhaps they wanted to give the professional talk a rest!
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        Perhaps they wanted to give the professional talk a rest!
                        or, like most things when the novelty wears off, they made it more simple. and more natural. it housed the gate, thus, it's the gate room

also, it's not technically correct either - other things besides embarking on missions happens there. but then, thats just being pedantic.

besides, the military is well known for their nicknames of things and people..

Comment

As you can see by my name, I'm a huge fan of the Aschen. <33

Comment

Ooh! I would have never of guessed that!
                            __

__

Comment

yet another alternate reality episode... still cool though.

now we know Frasier won't be around in 2010

That is sad
                              Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 August 2011, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I didnt really like the Aschen.... mainly coz Jack and Sam didnt get together ultimately coz of them. *grumble*

And killing humans? That is just rude!
                                Shipper Haven eBay Page --- Shipper Haven Website
                                Shipper Haven Facebook Page --- Shipper Haven Twitter Page
                                Shipper Haven - A safe haven for you and your TV, Movie and Literary ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X