Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
    The aschen scare the **** out of me !

Nothing is more scary than humanity allied so closely with an "great and nice" alien race that has an secret agenda.

Imagine walking trough an empty New York City in 2155. Brrrrr..... *shivers*

I think this story-arc is great, because it scares the **** out of me.

Really scary... *shivers*
    What scares me about this episode is how willing the human race was to sell their souls for what amounted to a handful of brightly colored beads. What's really scary is how the leaders - "Joe Ambassador" and friends - sold us out willingly and with full knowledge. Too scary....
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

I haven't seen this episode yet, but some screencaps i have seen, the episode looks good But is this episode where Kinsey is president?
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yes Kinsey is Prez in this episode.

I really like this episode a lot it has so much in it!
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I liked the futuristic clothing

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
            I liked the music, really set the tone for the episode, ominous type sounds.. Hated Janet's Aschen type pantsuit though.Hehe.

Just a thought. When would time revert to before the Aschen took over? Would it be as soon as the note went through the Stargate, or when Hammond gave his order that they wouldn't be going to the Aschen planet (Pwhatever), or even later on the date they were supposed to go there.

I believe it would change when G. hammond made the order that they were not going to go to the planet.

because as soon as that happend, the computer was told not to dial that planet.

does anyone know when exactly the note was sent to? how close were they to dialing that planet?

Comment

I would guess they got the message within a month before the mission to P4C-970, since it was already on the mission schedual.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

I think it was said that the planet was the next mission, but I'm not sure on that. Haven't seen this episode for a while.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

From the transcipt:

O'NEILL: General, wasn't 970 on our mission list?

HAMMOND: It was. Not anymore. I'm not taking any chances. I want P4C 970 removed from the dialling computer immediately. Dismissed.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Ah... Yeah, that's how it went.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Hehehe. That was great! You've got to love the way Hammond says things
                      __

__

Comment

This episode bugged me... One of those 'little' twilight zone storys, haha.. The part that i don't get is, if the high-tech aschen medicine could heal like many diseases and such, and remove Teal'c's emblem on his forehead, why does Daniel still wear glasses and such. If this was mentioned, i'm sorry If it has, someone plz tell me!

Comment

Originally posted by Dramaqueen
                          Well, maybe it's the Russian (Giza) one. Since earth is a member of the Aschen Confederation they may have been able to work out their political problems. Besides, they disclosed the existence of the Stargate and needed the DHD for public gate traveling so probably the Russians profited from sharing it too.
                          I think that the Russian DHD was blown up in '48 Hours.'
                          I thought this one was good because they all got to be heroes and save the planet once again. It was funny when Jack called Mullem, melon. That is so O'Neill isn't it?

Comment

My eye problems could be 'cured' if I wanted, I just prefer having to wear glasses for the rest of my life to risking anyone near them with lasers. Maybe the Aschen's technique is no more foolproof.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              My eye problems could be 'cured' if I wanted, I just prefer having to wear glasses for the rest of my life to risking anyone near them with lasers. Maybe the Aschen's technique is no more foolproof.
                              Same here. Not getting anything near my eyes.

Besides, purely shallow reasons, I don't want Daniel without glasses. He looks scrumptious in glasses.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Roatbaum

I think that the Russian DHD was blown up in '48 Hours.'
                                I thought this one was good because they all got to be heroes and save the planet once again. It was funny when Jack called Mullem, melon. That is so O'Neill isn't it?
                                So 48 hours is after 2010 right? Thus The timelines changed. In the 2010 timeline it properly didn't get blown up is all.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X