Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 308

Thread: 2010 (416)

  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,121

    Stargate 2010 (416)

    Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    2010
    EPISODE NUMBER - 416

    Ten years into the future, the former members of SG-1 must send a message into the past to prevent the extinction of the human race.

    Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; March 12th, 2016 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Probie Boomer359's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Very nice episode. It's fun and kind of goofy, but still keeps the drama packed in pretty well.

    My only problem was with the scene where "President" Kinsey is addressing them at that ceremony by the gate. It felt very cheesey. Everything else about it was nice.

    A question, though. I noticed that in this episode Teal'C didn't have his gold serpeant brand. I'm sure he didn't need to wait ten years to get it removed because current medical technology should be able to correct something like that. Seems odd that he would have to wait untill they found a more advanced technology.

  3. #3
    Staff Sergeant gate traveler's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    I did notice that the earth gate had a DHD.

  4. #4
    Staff Sergeant Dramaqueen's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Bremen, Germany
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Quote Originally Posted by gate traveler
    I did notice that the earth gate had a DHD.
    Well, maybe it's the Russian (Giza) one. Since earth is a member of the Aschen Confederation they may have been able to work out their political problems. Besides, they disclosed the existence of the Stargate and needed the DHD for public gate traveling so probably the Russians profited from sharing it too.

  5. #5
    First Lieutenant SGSlugger's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Caladan
    Posts
    515

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    I liked this one. It showed us one of the possible uses for the stargate.

    Although I found it a little off for us to use a laser grid system to protect the gate. I guess that it is a decade in the future though.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

    Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

  6. #6
    Lieutenant Colonel Anubis's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,435

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    It was strange that they used a security laser grid to protect a Stargate, but perhaps it was meant to keep aliens from getting in/out of the gate!

  7. #7
    Caffeinated Teacher Nolamom's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Toll Booth - Home of the Tollans
    Posts
    15,113

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    I like the scene of Jack at his cabin...finally retired and fishing! Of course, can that man ever *stay* retired? Apparently not.

    It would be pretty terrific to have a terminal somewhere that one could travel to other worlds just by stepping through the gate.
    Nmom

  8. #8
    Probie Galadriel Fefalas's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    One of my favourite episodes ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

  9. #9
    Chief Master Sergeant Spaceminx's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    My fave ep ever. It just looks stunning from beginning to end (not to mention AT).
    Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

    http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

  10. #10
    Chief Master Sergeant Spaceminx's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    And I've only just noticed my avatar is from this ep. How dumb am I?
    Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

    http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Caffeinated Teacher Nolamom's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Toll Booth - Home of the Tollans
    Posts
    15,113

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceminx
    And I've only just noticed my avatar is from this ep. How dumb am I?
    Not dumb, just unobservant?
    Nmom

  12. #12
    Second Lieutenant shinyredpants's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    my tape worm's stomach
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    i...really dont care for this episode...

    mostly cuz i cannot stand the aschen...

    other than that it's a good episode!

    Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.



  13. #13
    Chief Master Sergeant Ice^^Heat's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    The aschen scare the **** out of me !

    Nothing is more scary than humanity allied so closely with an "great and nice" alien race that has an secret agenda.

    Imagine walking trough an empty New York City in 2155. Brrrrr..... *shivers*

    I think this story-arc is great, because it scares the **** out of me.

    Really scary... *shivers*

  14. #14
    Second Lieutenant shinyredpants's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    my tape worm's stomach
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice^^Heat
    The aschen scare the **** out of me !

    Nothing is more scary than humanity allied so closely with an "great and nice" alien race that has an secret agenda.

    Imagine walking trough an empty New York City in 2155. Brrrrr..... *shivers*

    I think this story-arc is great, because it scares the **** out of me.

    Really scary... *shivers*
    ohh yeah that's why i dont like the aschen! they scare me too...

    i mean they're just...creepy...and no sense of humor...bleh...

    Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.



  15. #15

    Question Re: 2010 (416)

    I liked the music, really set the tone for the episode, ominous type sounds.. Hated Janet's Aschen type pantsuit though.Hehe.

    Just a thought. When would time revert to before the Aschen took over? Would it be as soon as the note went through the Stargate, or when Hammond gave his order that they wouldn't be going to the Aschen planet (Pwhatever), or even later on the date they were supposed to go there.

  16. #16
    Captain Sela's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In a world of my own...
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice^^Heat
    The aschen scare the **** out of me !

    Nothing is more scary than humanity allied so closely with an "great and nice" alien race that has an secret agenda.

    Imagine walking trough an empty New York City in 2155. Brrrrr..... *shivers*

    I think this story-arc is great, because it scares the **** out of me.

    Really scary... *shivers*
    What scares me about this episode is how willing the human race was to sell their souls for what amounted to a handful of brightly colored beads. What's really scary is how the leaders - "Joe Ambassador" and friends - sold us out willingly and with full knowledge. Too scary....
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

  17. #17
    Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Menegroth, Doriath
    Posts
    4,444

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    I haven't seen this episode yet, but some screencaps i have seen, the episode looks good But is this episode where Kinsey is president?

  18. #18
    Captain bcmilco's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,160

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Yes Kinsey is Prez in this episode.

    I really like this episode a lot it has so much in it!
    ~BCM =)

    Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

  19. #19
    Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Menegroth, Doriath
    Posts
    4,444

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    I liked the futuristic clothing

  20. #20
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    perth, australia
    Posts
    391

    Default Re: 2010 (416)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatetrixer
    I liked the music, really set the tone for the episode, ominous type sounds.. Hated Janet's Aschen type pantsuit though.Hehe.

    Just a thought. When would time revert to before the Aschen took over? Would it be as soon as the note went through the Stargate, or when Hammond gave his order that they wouldn't be going to the Aschen planet (Pwhatever), or even later on the date they were supposed to go there.

    I believe it would change when G. hammond made the order that they were not going to go to the planet.

    because as soon as that happend, the computer was told not to dial that planet.

    does anyone know when exactly the note was sent to? how close were they to dialing that planet?

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •