• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 (416)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 416

Ten years into the future, the former members of SG-1 must send a message into the past to prevent the extinction of the human race.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:19 PM.

Very nice episode. It's fun and kind of goofy, but still keeps the drama packed in pretty well.

My only problem was with the scene where "President" Kinsey is addressing them at that ceremony by the gate. It felt very cheesey. Everything else about it was nice.

A question, though. I noticed that in this episode Teal'C didn't have his gold serpeant brand. I'm sure he didn't need to wait ten years to get it removed because current medical technology should be able to correct something like that. Seems odd that he would have to wait untill they found a more advanced technology.

Comment

I did notice that the earth gate had a DHD.

Comment

Originally posted by gate traveler
        I did notice that the earth gate had a DHD.
        Well, maybe it's the Russian (Giza) one. Since earth is a member of the Aschen Confederation they may have been able to work out their political problems. Besides, they disclosed the existence of the Stargate and needed the DHD for public gate traveling so probably the Russians profited from sharing it too.

Comment

I liked this one. It showed us one of the possible uses for the stargate.

Although I found it a little off for us to use a laser grid system to protect the gate. I guess that it is a decade in the future though.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

It was strange that they used a security laser grid to protect a Stargate, but perhaps it was meant to keep aliens from getting in/out of the gate!
            __

__

Comment

I like the scene of Jack at his cabin...finally retired and fishing! Of course, can that man ever *stay* retired? Apparently not.

It would be pretty terrific to have a terminal somewhere that one could travel to other worlds just by stepping through the gate.
              Nmom
              sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite episodes ...
                The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Comment

My fave ep ever. It just looks stunning from beginning to end (not to mention AT).
                  Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

And I've only just noticed my avatar is from this ep. How dumb am I?
                    Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceminx
                      And I've only just noticed my avatar is from this ep. How dumb am I?
                      Not dumb, just unobservant?
                      Nmom
                      sigpic

Comment

i...really dont care for this episode...

mostly cuz i cannot stand the aschen...

other than that it's a good episode!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

The aschen scare the **** out of me !

Nothing is more scary than humanity allied so closely with an "great and nice" alien race that has an secret agenda.

Imagine walking trough an empty New York City in 2155. Brrrrr..... *shivers*

I think this story-arc is great, because it scares the **** out of me.

Really scary... *shivers*

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
                            The aschen scare the **** out of me !

Nothing is more scary than humanity allied so closely with an "great and nice" alien race that has an secret agenda.

Imagine walking trough an empty New York City in 2155. Brrrrr..... *shivers*

I think this story-arc is great, because it scares the **** out of me.

Really scary... *shivers*
                            ohh yeah that's why i dont like the aschen! they scare me too...

i mean they're just...creepy...and no sense of humor...bleh...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

I liked the music, really set the tone for the episode, ominous type sounds.. Hated Janet's Aschen type pantsuit though.Hehe.

Just a thought. When would time revert to before the Aschen took over? Would it be as soon as the note went through the Stargate, or when Hammond gave his order that they wouldn't be going to the Aschen planet (Pwhatever), or even later on the date they were supposed to go there.

Comment

Working...
                              X