Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant shaqarava's Avatar

Default Re: Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Quote Originally Posted by eoin
    But if warp 10 is ifinite speed the why would the asgard need to go 100x light.
    And im remember an ep from TNG and the doctor had a ship that could travel at warp 13 hmmm... i though you cant go any higher than infinite
    Warp 10 is infinite according to the warp scale used to measure speeds in teh 24th century. That episode your referring to was in a future timeline and by that time they had rescaled everything down.

This site, especially the last question at the bottom answers your question well: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/3939/warp10.htm

Basically if warp 10 is infinite, and if a fast ship like Voyager can go a max speed of warp 9.975 then it has room for improvement before reaching 10. So it can go 9.999, and even further, 9.9999. Eventually it becomes inconvenient to say those decimals so you rescale it down so warp 9.975 is now warp 6 and warp 9.999 is warp 7 and warp 9.9999 is warp 8 etc.

As that site puts it "I said Warp 9.99998, Ensign, not Warp 9.9998!" Someone had to eventually have given up and decided to renumber the darn system."

Warp 9.99 is 8000c.
    Regular Ha'tak is 32,000c.
    BC-303 Naquadria is 250,000c.
    Replicator Ha'tak is atleast 25,600,000c .
    Daedalus is 63,000,000c.
    Daedalus ZPM is 250,000,000c.
    BORG Transwarp-hub is roughly 1,000,000,000c.
    Asgard hyperdrive is several billion times c.

Quote Originally Posted by aAnubiSs
    Warp 9.99 is 8000c.
    Regular Ha'tak is 32,000c.
    BC-303 Naquadria is 250,000c.
    Replicator Ha'tak is atleast 25,600,000c .
    Daedalus is 63,000,000c.
    Daedalus ZPM is 250,000,000c.
    BORG Transwarp-hub is roughly 1,000,000,000c.
    Asgard hyperdrive is several billion times c.
    Judging by the SG ships bigger numbers i take it there faster

Anyway what does the c mean at the end of each sentences
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Quote Originally Posted by david2708
    Err......Star Trek 28 years/seasons....11 movies.
    If Star Trek lasted 28years then how is Stargate SG-1 gonna be the longest running Scifi show in America. That's all I am saying. Star Trek was not on consecutivly for 28yrs. There was breaks.
    Without Star Trek we wouldn't have Stargate.
    Ancients vs. Star Trek = Ancients.
    They built the Stargates and mapped the Galaxies.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

not exactly true, there were other scifi shows that would of come similiar to startrek if it didn't come out.

Startrek=Stargate..?

if it were the trek and gate two strongest ships, i think the stargate people would win.

I think overall Stargate would win, mainly because most of the ships in Star Trek are similiar in power and there are hardly and huge group well maybe the Borg so I think the Asgard and the Gou'ald would kick more ass and the Replicators would totally rock the Borg.

But then again I don't watch much startrek.
    We are followers of eternal Hathor!!

http://uploads.vancouverxchange.com/nodrog/hathor11.jpg
    "We are the queen of the Gods, we are the mother of all Gods."

Stargate all the way

Stargate ships would whoop any star trek ship

Quote Originally Posted by eoin
    Judging by the SG ships bigger numbers i take it there faster

Anyway what does the c mean at the end of each sentences
    I think c is some constant used to measure the speed of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tezzador
    I think c is some constant used to measure the speed of light.
    cool thanks

trek ship's would win over all SG ship's with no probably

Captain
    USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D: deck 5, corridor C, room 038

trek ships of which aliens and which gate ships of which aliens. but that's already been discussed.

aAnubiSs I'm curious where you got your comparisons for speed. I'm interested if STar Trek ever mentioned what warp corilated to what light speed.
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/.../baal-sig1.jpg

If you look at things like Earth building 1200 megaton bombs because they think that's what they'll need to take out Wraith hiveships than Trek is screwed.

If you look at things like Wraith cruisers and Goa'uld Ha'taks shooting fireworks instead of actual weapons at fleeing sg teams then gate is screwed.

I've never seen a Stargate ship explode like a bomb from a light fender-bender type collision with another ship though so I'm going to go with Gate based on that sad display from the then pride of the Federation fleet in TNG.

We've seen Star Trek ships shoot plenty of fireworks too, we've also seen plenty of Star Trek ships being exploded by pathetic chemical explosions. Although I think the only time we've seen a Star Trek ship getting smashed up by fender bender type collision was in Nemesis, in DS9 they had lots of Jem'Hadar ships ram full impulse into other ships.

Second Lieutenant

At first I didnt like how Prometheus was so boxy looking.....but i soon got over that and then the Daedulus looks even better! Any word on what the next ship in the line will be?

*BTW, since we are already talking about Star Trek was on for 28 seasons.....do you think if the Stargate franchise gets to about 14 or so seasons that it will be as well known. Because right now if you ask an average joe on the street he will no doubt know the basic concept of Star Trek but probably never heard of Stargate...........but I have absolutely no clue on how well known this show is (I think I asked on this forum before ) LOL, *WHEN* SG-1 gets renewed for another season and it beats The X-Files, i can just hear everybody say "What in the heck is this SG-1........I never even heard of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by walter_MacChevron
    At first I didnt like how Prometheus was so boxy looking.....but i soon got over that and then the Daedulus looks even better! Any word on what the next ship in the line will be?
    I like it. A) It follows the Asgard design. B) Its boxy design makes sense, since it was basically a prototype.

Based on the fact that Star Gate ships can travel across the Galaxy like its nothing and several races can travel between galaxies, its an absurd comparison. Stargate ships makes Star Trek stuff look like 20th century Earth.

I was thinking how long it would take to travel to other Galaxy's would depend on there they are like the Galaxy is a circle so if the Asgard Galaxy was just outside our part it would be faster also the same with Pegasus do we know if the Prgasus is completely acrost our Galaxy
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together

Captain
    USS Enterprise NCC 1701-D: deck 5, corridor C, room 038

Well... one should consider that most races with that technology <to travel accross galaxy's> have been at it much longer then Star Trek, who didn't borrow tech, which the SGC did. So, in terms of developement on their own, Star Trek beats StarGate. Besides, it an absurd comparison from other stand points.

the pride of the Federation was an exploration ship, not meant for serious combat, which is what the Daedelus was intended for. am I wrong?

When the Federation put their minds on weapons, they came up with the Defiant, which officially has over four times the fire power of the Pride of the Federation and it's only four decks.
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/.../baal-sig1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by giantevilhead
    Although I think the only time we've seen a Star Trek ship getting smashed up by fender bender type collision was in Nemesis, in DS9 they had lots of Jem'Hadar ships ram full impulse into other ships.
    Nah I was thinking of that TNG episode where they got caught in the timeloop and that other antiquated Federation ship kept coming out of the timewarp and scraping some paint off their engine which then caused them to blow up.

It happened over and over again 3 times I think and really hammered home just how glass jawed their ships must be to blow sky high from a pithy little nudge like that.

The old junker seemed to survive the collision just fine every time though. I guess it was built in a time before the Federation went all commie and their build quality reaped the rewards of that.

Its def a hard one but I think overall Stargate would win allthough I think it would be a close match.

Asgard vs Trek - Asgard (Asgard has superior everything lol)
    Wraith vs Trek - Trek (Trek has more powerful ships)
    Borg vs Replicators - Even (Borg could possibly assimerlate the technology but the replicators may not be able to be assimerlated)
    Acended vs Q Contiuum (Ascended can't be killed Qs can with Q weapons)