No announcement yet.

Pegasus (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't i was so happy for everyone for that great moment at the beginning. but in ron morre fashion it don't last long
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

was it just me or was this episode extended, it doesn't say it is on the DVD (which it does for the season 2 finale ep) but it was an hour long, thats almost 1.5 eps long,
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
        was it just me or was this episode extended, it doesn't say it is on the DVD (which it does for the season 2 finale ep) but it was an hour long, thats almost 1.5 eps long,
        On the 2.5 set it's extended to an hour, on the 2.0 set it's the original 43 minute version.

Edit: I see you're in the UK- not sure if you get the same sets as we do. But your DVD probably should have the longer version than what aired on television.

Comment

Yes, it is the extended version on the UK DVD.
          Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I haven't seen this yet, but I have seen all the subsequent episodes of S2 as well as Razor(Unrated Extended Edition). So I know why Cain's the way she is. She's lost herself and her perspective, and is driven by vengeance. She doesn't see the Cylons as people. In a way, she's antithetical to Adama. She's cracked under fire, he hasn't.

Comment

ooh what a start the extended version of this ep is great loved chain she brought so much tension to the series. and drool over pegasus she be awesome

Comment

It was an excellent episode 1 of my favourites really liked the look of Pegasus
                sigpic

Comment

My wife and I watched this one tonight. One episode with Cain, and my wife already wants her head on a stake. She doesn't like one thing about the good Admiral.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    My wife and I watched this one tonight. One episode with Cain, and my wife already wants her head on a stake. She doesn't like one thing about the good Admiral.
                    me neither but I kinda like the actress although I only saw her in Alias and True Blood (there she was a real...). Just watched it... mh... loved it. The Music Prelude To War..everything.... Apollo & Kara being transfered to the Pegasus... Tyrol and Helo... just great!
                    sigpic

Comment

Music. Music. Music. I just had to start with this!! McCreary knocked it outta the park!! "Prelude to War". Need I say more??

This episode marks the start of one of the best arcs of the entire show. "Pegasus" and the next two episodes are just good tv. Period.

Ha, even the first time I saw this, I knew we were in for trouble. The last time an episode of BSG started out this happy they killed 13 pilots...

Michelle Forbes - she is good. She played the cool, (initially) unsuspecting antagonist very, very well. Forbes' performance is a big part of the reason why her XO's story left such lingering doubt in my mind. Can't wait to get to Razor!!

I love tv that kicks me in the teeth, and this episode did that in spades. IMO TPTB and everyone involved did enough to be shocking, but not so much that it was grotesque or empty sensationalism. It acknowledges the reality of the darkness in humanity - that pushed to extremes, humans can do most inhuman things. Our protagonists are capable of this, but haven't done it - for that, they are truly heroic.

Oh, and during that last scene, I literally said out loud "Kick her a** Adama." You don't mess with Adama or his family and get away with it. Ever.

This ep may have been set-up, but slow it was NOT. Excellent, excellent writing and acting.
                      "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                      ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        There's. Toning to like, Adama should arrest her as a war criminal along with that rapist piece of crap, got what he deserved Tyrol and Helo should have gotten a medal for defending a POW from an attack

Comment

Working...
                        X