Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegasus (210)

GateWorld Pegasus (210)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    PEGASUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210

The crew is stunned to learn that the Battlestar Pegasus also survived the attack on the Colonies, but tensions run high when the Pegasus's Admiral Cain assumes command of the fleet. Baltar is assigned to examine the Pegasus's own Cylon prisoner, a battered woman who looks like Number Six.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; April 25th, 2011 at 05:07 PM.

Default Re: Pegasus (210)

Ron Moore is a genius, I cant say how vindicated I felt when Adama ordered the vipers launched and the marines dispatched.

Cant wait for the second episode, wonder what the fleet will say.

OH WOW OH WOW! I have to say, this one was up there with the rest.

I was estatic when we heard Pegasus on the speakers. Amazing! And then Admiral Cain I do not like. Wow, that thing on her face annoyed the crap out of me.

Eww. Cylon Rapists. Those Pegasus crew people are disgusting. How could Cain find Tyrol and Helo guilty? The man had his pants down for gods sake!

Poor Number Six. Seeing her like that made me wanna cry. I've never seen Six that like. And Pegasus Six, I thought we'd see a different model, for some reason GINA I was thinking. Can't member why.

Cain was rude to Roslin about her being president. She has kicked ass and it isn't even funny. She said "I wont get involved in Galactica's internal affairs" and then she does all the crew changes. At least Starbuck knows not to obey orders for sucky plans!

Cannot wait till January! AHH!

I can't even begin to address the excellence of Adama's reaction to the trial. I had a smile on my face a mile wide when he decided to go tactical.

Wow....that's all I can say....wow.

At first, you think it's going to be a nice, easy going, political episode...then, suddenly, the reasigning...Ha ha, score cards. That cracked me up. Then we get to see the Blackbird in action! I've died and gone to heaven! Very emotional. Must....have...second...half.....I practically screamed when the 'to be continued' screen came up.

Oh my god, what an episode. I have to say that it was excellent... even though I pretty much hated everything that went on. I knew beforehand that they'd meet up with the Pegasus of course, but I didn't realize that so much would change. The strict military hierarchy... Cain being so ... about all the rules. Just ... oh god. I was like breathless throughout the whole episode. With Boomer and her baby? Almost cried! How could they do that? And with the captured Six... there are no words to describe what I felt. It is SO HORRIBLE what they did to her. Almost unspeakable. And putting Apollo in a raptor? SPLITTING UP APOLLO AND STARBUCK?! They can't do that! There's no way they can do that. AAAH NO DON'T DO THAT!

Sci-Fi Re: Pegasus (210)

I must say this was the most disturbing episode of series. The rape scene with Sharon and that dude was just creepy.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Well, all i can really say about Cain is that shes a power hungry hyprocrite. Obviously she does bring up points that makes Adama look no so good, but her actions are just disgusting.

Speaking of disgusting, my poor cylon pretties are being bashed and raped (or attempted for that matter). That was hard to watch.

Pegasus crew... DIE!!!

I am feeling to a strong urge to kick all the Pegasus' peoples asses HELLA BAD!!! Oh man... January? No way, how are we going to wait that long? Cliffhangers ARE NOT FUNNY when you have to wait for FOUR MONTHS! It's wrong! Very wrong!

i cant believe that guy who tried to rape sharon. its too bad tyrell killed him, cause i wanted to do it myself .

one other thing i really didnt like was the music in the opening seen. i was tempted to mute the TV it was so bad

for me to know.. and for you to find out.

HOLY FRAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PT2 is gonna be good.

Adm. Cain is (fill in the blank with a radom cus word) i really dont like her.

yea i dont like those pegasus jerks either.

one thing...
    Spoiler:
    reassign lee/kara is a mistake waitin' to happen... For gods sake.. lee is a viper pilot... not a raptor pilot... loved seein' kara buck the orders of the other CAG and do what lee says instead.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by 923flanigan
    I practically screamed when the 'to be continued' screen came up.
    haha I hate to admit that a show can get to me this much but when the show ended I actually yelled out "david, ron. you ass holes!"

so i've been drinking a little, sue me

Airman

if i were Adama. as soon as Cain started being an ass, i would have gotten all my crew back on board, and order the entire fleet to do a FTL jump, then i would calculate a new one and jump again, and forget i ever saw the pegasus... then if anyone asked why i did it, i would say that the pegasus was under the controll of cylons

A galaxy like this one on a planet like this one

Man I really think that cain killed the XO. Man i wanted to kill cain. Anyways I think cain did not care what they did to the cylon.

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by captainpash
    Man I really think that cain killed the XO. Man i wanted to kill cain. Anyways I think cain did not care what they did to the cylon.
    i cant belelive she let the crew rape her... its one thing to kill a cylon for being a cylon... its another thing to let the entire crew rape her again and agiain... and everytime i saw Cain... i wish i could walk right into the room, and unload a clip into her head

A galaxy like this one on a planet like this one

The Pegaus crew had no right to do that the glatica crew has been through much worse than that and they are still civil people when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by captainpash
    The Pegaus crew had no right to do that the glatica crew has been through much worse than that and they are still civil people when it comes down to it.

You cant say that, all we know is that they escaped and tracked a Cylon fleet, they could have been through worse

But I think the fleet was the main balancer that prevented the Galactica from becomming the Pegasus, since they had something to fight for, while Pegasus thought they were alone so basically said "screw it, Im taking as much Cylons down with me as I can and doing whatever the heck I want" That is why Cain doesnt even care about the fleet.

Second Lieutenant

ok, for an actual analysis of this episode:

This was easily one of the most intense episodes I've seen. Even without the spoilers I knew exactly what would happen when Cain took charge; someone was bound to get transferred and there's no way the past indescretions of Apollo & Co. were going to be ingnored. I know people are upset about what Cain did but try looking at the situation from her perspective.

Apollo is a mutineer, that can't be denied. Starbuck is notoriously insubordinate, that can't be denied. Tyrol skated by the first trial by the skin of his teeth and in normal circumstances would've been tossed in the brig. Helo at least would've been stripped of his rank for fraternizing and protecting an enemy combatant.

Think about it...Adama has had Roslin and the rest of the fleet to keep him sane. Cain had nothing but her ship and her military training. They were all alone for this entire time, thinking the rest of humanity was simply destroyed. All they cared about was kicking some Cylon ass and when you have a ship full of military folk you're going to want to rely on that military training to get the job done.

Yes, she seems like quite the ***** but she has good reason. What amazed me is the fact that Adama didn't play Roslin's card; if Cain requires Adama to recognize her as a superior due to the chain of command then she would be a hypocrite to not recognize the authority of the President. The situation may not have been resolved by calling in the big political guns but it may have kept it from turning into the bloodbath that I'm afraid we're going to see in January.

Either way, amazing episode. Despite the lack of logic in not having Roslin stick her nose into the issue it still felt like this is exactly how these people would act if the situation were real. That's what I love so much about this show. With Stargate and most other scifi shows the way characters react to these amazing circumstances rarely feels real. To be honest the only time I really felt the realism in SG1 was in the season 1 finale and season 2 opener. But with this show...nearly every episode has at least half of its' scenes feeling more like being a voyer to a real life scenario rather than simply watching a tv show.

Great episode.....January? It's a damn good thing all the networks have started their shows now or I'd be annoyed not having any good tv to look forward to (how sad is that??).

Airman

is it just me, or does it also seem that Cain doesnt care about the Civilian population... she wont talk to the president... she seem not to want to re supply them, and it looks as if shes drafted all the Civilians that were on Pegasus

Great episode, pissesd we will have to wait for so long for part 2! My only question is doesn't the President have any power over the Admiral?